Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

AAA aaaagghhh!!

AAA aaaagghhh!!

Old Jan 7th 2004, 12:44 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default AAA aaaagghhh!!

Well I thought it was funny!

Has anyone joined AAA and do you recommend it? I have bought a new vehicle and the dealership is offering AAA membership for 15 months (plus my wifes car) for $42 if I buy it with the car. I am thinking I might just take it anyway for 15 months (although the vehicle I am buying still has 6 years warranty left on it!)

Any suggestions, veiws or comments.

Patrick

By suggestions I don't mean advice on what to do with my cricket bat and my anal cavity.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 12:51 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AAA aaaagghhh!!

Originally posted by Patrick

Has anyone joined AAA and do you recommend it? I have bought a new vehicle and the dealership is offering AAA membership for 15 months (plus my wifes car) for $42 if I buy it with the car. I am thinking I might just take it anyway for 15 months (although the vehicle I am buying still has 6 years warranty left on it!)

Patrick

By suggestions I don't mean advice on what to do with my cricket bat and my anal cavity.
I was a member in TN and now in NC, and found one of the most useful services they offer is their "Tryptik" (I think that's what they call it). If you call them and tell them where you are going from and to, they give you a well-planned and specially-prepared route book (free) and any guide books and regional maps you might need on the way (free). If you do a lot of varied long-distance trips, it's very useful. It's also better than the free online route maps you can get because they use up-to-date information on road works, speed traps, etc., to plan the most efficient route.

Never had to use their roadside rescue service, though I've heard it's pretty good. I THINK they just extended it to include family members at no extra charge.

Why did you bring your cricket bat to the US?
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:06 am
Banned

JulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to all

Originally posted by dunroving
I was a member in TN and now in NC, and found one of the most useful services they offer is their "Tryptik" (I think that's what they call it). If you call them and tell them where you are going from and to, they give you a well-planned and specially-prepared route book (free) and any guide books and regional maps you might need on the way (free). If you do a lot of varied long-distance trips, it's very useful. It's also better than the free online route maps you can get because they use up-to-date information on road works, speed traps, etc., to plan the most efficient route.

Never had to use their roadside rescue service, though I've heard it's pretty good. I THINK they just extended it to include family members at no extra charge.

Why did you bring your cricket bat to the US?
AAA is OK, but the big difference is that they do not offer a mechanic service to repair your car roadside. Recovery is limited to sending out a tow truck to tow you to a garage. For the newcomer to the US, they can find you a cheaper insurance rate, but bear in mind you can't get the real benefit of this until you've had a US license for 18 months.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:39 am
Franklin

Are they offering Triple A Plus (AAA Plus)? My understanding is that this gives you up to 50 miles of towing. Otherwise you might only get up to 3 miles of towing. :scared:

Patrick

Old Jan 8th 2004, 3:47 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

And what new vehicle have you bought Patrick.. No doubt with your fine taste ...it will be the the top mans transport ..No sissy Minivan or SUV for you.. no doubt in my mind at all...
Old Jan 8th 2004, 3:53 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

find out how much it is to add Emergency Road Service to your auto policy.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 8:04 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
And what new vehicle have you bought Patrick.. No doubt with your fine taste ...it will be the the top mans transport ..No sissy Minivan or SUV for you.. no doubt in my mind at all...
Attached Thumbnails AAA aaaagghhh!!-seaside.jpg  
Old Jan 10th 2004, 8:16 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Ah! a very impressive Dodge Ram SLT.. not that a know anything about these ..but a vehicle to suit you standing I believe ..Superb
Old Jan 10th 2004, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

What is it with you men and trucks? Mind you, my SUV is really a tarted up truck Hubby wants me to get a big truck when I change my car...only because he has a company car, and trucks and on the list of choices.

Getting back to roadside- plenty of people offer it and some a lot cheaper than AAA. I get free roadside assistance from my insurance company (Liberty Mutual), have used them once when I got a flat in the SUV- great service and no charge. One of my kids had AAA once and there was a limit on call out then (dunno if that's changed now), he was allowed to call them out 3 times only in the year.
If it's a new vehicle Patrick, shouldn't you get roadside from the dealers anyway for a while?