AA v UA

Old Oct 7th 2011, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AA v UA

AA's 777s are excellent if you are going the distance.

Jim
Old Oct 8th 2011, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
AA's 777s are excellent if you are going the distance.

Jim
Yep,
That's the real question. Carriers in coach are all pretty much the same (crap). Airplane is the deal breaker/maker. IMHO the order is 777, 767 and then a 757 if you sedate me. One thing is United/CO have E+ which might be worth the extra $$ for TransAtlantic (TATL). I have 2.6MM with AA, but lately I've been flying United/CO and IMHO they are slightly better. Staff are less surly and the planes newer. Food is the same.

For reference I've done 2 TATL's with AA and 2 with CO this year and 10 domestics. Also 23 domestic legs on Alaska (my favorite) and one on Southwest. Things are abit slow on the travel front this year and not being in Austin I don't fly AA very often....

- Tim
Old Oct 8th 2011, 12:58 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimFountain
Yep,
That's the real question. Carriers in coach are all pretty much the same (crap). Airplane is the deal breaker/maker. IMHO the order is 777, 767 and then a 757 if you sedate me. One thing is United/CO have E+ which might be worth the extra $$ for TransAtlantic (TATL). I have 2.6MM with AA, but lately I've been flying United/CO and IMHO they are slightly better. Staff are less surly and the planes newer. Food is the same.

For reference I've done 2 TATL's with AA and 2 with CO this year and 10 domestics. Also 23 domestic legs on Alaska (my favorite) and one on Southwest. Things are abit slow on the travel front this year and not being in Austin I don't fly AA very often....

- Tim
Or you could just pick a European carrier.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Or you could just pick a European carrier.
Maybe, I've only ever flown BA, intra-EU, Africa and Asia, never TATL. I hear good things about Virgin, but have no experience. I'm sure BA is consistent and they have economy+ or whatever they call it. Also fleet is not too old. Only problem is having to deal with Heathrow.

Also thread was titled AA vs. UA, but I'd be interested in hearing opinions about other carriers.....
Old Oct 8th 2011, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

bobbedford is an unknown quantity at this point

We went for AA in the end.

Company gave us a choice of either one.

At the end of the day, if it's crap I will just get hammered
Old Oct 8th 2011, 11:11 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbedford
At the end of the day, if it's crap I will just get hammered
Take plenty of cash then....