Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

6 nations on the web

6 nations on the web

Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice
Default 6 nations on the web

As I am fully expecting Irl to win the 6 nations this year I believe it is of great importance I watch all games. There is a Fados down the road from us but I dont really want to stump up $20 for every game (for the initial games anyway), so i was wondering if anybody uses the internet to watch games. If so, can you recommend a link and cost per game ?. Also, assuming you have cable, is the quality pretty good ?

Thanks
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:16 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 nations on the web

Originally Posted by MrDub
As I am fully expecting Irl to win the 6 nations this year I believe it is of great importance I watch all games. There is a Fados down the road from us but I dont really want to stump up $20 for every game (for the initial games anyway), so i was wondering if anybody uses the internet to watch games. If so, can you recommend a link and cost per game ?. Also, assuming you have cable, is the quality pretty good ?

Thanks
I've always wondered how the **** that charge on the door for ppv games works - bloody joke.
Anytime I've watched ppv footie I've turned up at the boozer extremely early and they let me in for free.
Is it the setanta folks themselves on the door who collect the cash.

Unfortunately though Ireland will not win unless o'sullivan has a nasty accident and has to retire.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:16 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrDub

Thanks
I was having a look after your post as I wouldn't mind watching the rugby anyone tried this site?

http://www.watch-football.tv/index.php
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britontour
I was having a look after your post as I wouldn't mind watching the rugby anyone tried this site?

http://www.watch-football.tv/index.php

looks interesting - would be interested to hear anyones experiences
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:29 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

www.pplive.com is a streaming thingy, mostly footie, but might have rugger on, don't know...and if not, could probably find a torrent of the games quickly after there aired...
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:40 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
www.pplive.com is a streaming thingy, mostly footie, but might have rugger on, don't know...and if not, could probably find a torrent of the games quickly after there aired...
I've used pplive a bit for footie.
Its not bad is you watch it in small screen but the commentary is usually in chinesse and there's a good 5-6 minutes of buffering so if you're listening to a radio or watching text updates you know that a goal is about to happen.
Would be amazed if they carried the rugby as most of the channels they broadcast seem to be in the far east.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:45 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Would be amazed if they carried the rugby as most of the channels they broadcast seem to be in the far east.
They're not going to carry any Blitish Rions games then?
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I don't know, rugby seems to be getting pretty popular out there these days, so they might have it on somewhere, but time difference would be another pain in the arse...
Old Jan 21st 2006, 12:47 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

I remember last year watching the Scotland v Italy game on the web. It was basically an Italian TV Channel streaming the BBC TV coverage with an Italian commentary. I'll dig around to see if I can find the link and post it.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 3:24 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveC
I remember last year watching the Scotland v Italy game on the web. It was basically an Italian TV Channel streaming the BBC TV coverage with an Italian commentary. I'll dig around to see if I can find the link and post it.
Tony was right. You seem to prefer funny shaped balls of late...
And hey if you are going to come on here post something on the BFT !
Don't make me tell everyone our dark secret.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 5:41 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Usually available on ppv on cable/satellite