Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

4 days,3 kids,2 adults, trip to Disneyworld Florida

4 days,3 kids,2 adults, trip to Disneyworld Florida

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Fairy Tales is a jewel in the roughFairy Tales is a jewel in the roughFairy Tales is a jewel in the roughFairy Tales is a jewel in the roughFairy Tales is a jewel in the rough
Default 4 days,3 kids,2 adults, trip to Disneyworld Florida

I only have about a week to put it together. It is a very last minute thing.
But I am sure there are some people who had been there a few times and can give me some good tips as of where to stay and what to see while there.
Please!!! Can you help? I will have a car to get around.
And yes it is to be a holiday on a budget.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 3:02 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 days,3 kids,2 adults, trip to Disneyworld Florida

Originally Posted by Fairy Tales
and what to see while there.
Aren't you going to Disneyworld?

I'd check a Disney park fan forum really. There are whole forums devoted to going to the park and maximizing your time, age-specific stuff to know for the kids etc.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

You can get a room at the Quality Inn for about $60 per room I think.

No idea how you get cheap tickets to Disney. We paid about $70 per child for one day. If you buy multi-day tickets it's cheaper per day, but obviously the tickets are more expensive overall.

Food in the parks is massively expensive so bring your own.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh!!! shoot me. Three kids in disney!! How old are the kids? If they are a little bit older i would definately give them some pocket money before they go and tell them that is it!!!! They shouldnt ask u for anything then. I know .. dreaming!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairy Tales
I only have about a week to put it together. It is a very last minute thing.
But I am sure there are some people who had been there a few times and can give me some good tips as of where to stay and what to see while there.
Look on Expedia for cheap hotels, they also have cheap rentals which I prefer (recently I found a 5 bedroom house with pool for the same price as a 3 start hotel room!), or try Priceline. They are absolutely desperate to fill hotel rooms and vacation homes at the moment so you should find a good price.

What to see? Surely you're going to Disney?! All you need to know is - it's not cheap!

Last edited by anotherlimey; Mar 3rd 2009 at 2:05 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kins
Food in the parks is massively expensive so bring your own.
When I went there last year, I didn't think the food/drink was too expensive in the park.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

check into the cost of some of the lower price onsite disney resorts (pop Century, All Stars Sports, Movie or Music) they may cost slightly more than some outside of Disney World BUT...
1) If you are flying into Orlando you can us the 'Magical Express' this a disney shuttle that will take you from the airport direct to your hotel and it is free!
2) you will be saving on the cost of a rental car.
3) you do not have to fight the crowds or deal with traffic when you leave (you use the complimentary transport on property).
4) you also get to enter some of the parks early or stay late when you stay on property.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

How old are the kids?
If you have a youngster that needs a stroller TAKE YOUR OWN! rentals can be upto $30 per day and you cannot take them out of the parks. If need be, take $15 cheapy from Walmart and dump it when you are done.

Also a big money saver, Buy the single packs of Crystal Light and carry a water bottle. Soda is $2+ in the parks.

I have been to Disney lots of times if you have any questions let me know.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:01 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I live 80 miles away ... Its still far too close .
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

I loved going there with the kids when they were young.
We would get to the park early and keep going as long as we could then go out of the park in the late afternoon and then go back for the evening.
Agree with taking in water bottles (fill them at the drinking fountains) and sachets of crystal light or similar...much cheaper than buying drinks. Although they don't like you taking coolers in you can sneak in cereal bars and snacks.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:41 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

You might find this useful

http://www.dwinsider.com/

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/desti...ld-cheap_N.htm

http://www.mousesavers.com/freestuff.html

Have fun!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I live 80 miles away ... Its still far too close .
Well if we come, can we stay with you then?
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:13 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Well if we come, can we stay with you then?
Uh oh. Get the price list out, Ray!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Uh oh. Get the price list out, Ray!
All of a sudden I feel the need to visit Florida and Disney.....

I'm actually looking at it for a quick vacation (hubs can't take more then a few days and I'm sure he'll be dead set against anyway! )
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helwardman
When I went there last year, I didn't think the food/drink was too expensive in the park.
We went last week and it was $67 for hotdogs and fries plus drinks for six people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.