Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

33.3% off at Amazon with AMEX

33.3% off at Amazon with AMEX

Old Oct 20th 2015, 10:22 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default 30% off Amazon (and gas, and shit chain restaurants) with Discover and Sears

Ok shoppers:

DiscoverIT's Q4 5% bonus categories include Amazon (ignore that) and department stores (up to a maximum of $1,500 spend).

Discover's online shopping portal is currently offering 10% cashback at Sears (no maximum).

Sears sells gift cards that you can buy with Sears gift cards if the cashiers are friendly (so start small if you're not sure).

Discover currently has a deal for new card members where they will double all cashback earned in your first year, at the end of that year.

Don't say I never give you everything.

In other news Discover is offering 10% extra cashback in all in-store Apple Pay purchases until the end of the year. Excludes gift card purchases.
Old Oct 20th 2015, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 33.3% off at Amazon with AMEX

jet.com has 20% off for new customers surprise20 . The prices seem to be similar to Amazon before the discount
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 5:29 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Latest AMEX offers

3 new-ish offers I've just added on my various AMEX cards. (All targeted, so YMMV).

Spend $150, get $30 at Lowes. These are brilliant, as Lowes sells lots of gift cards (I usually buy gas ones).

Spend $25, get $25 on hulu.com. There are ways to structure your subscriptions to get the best out of this.

Spend $150, get $50 at AT&T. Using this to prepay Mrs tonrob's phone bill. Usable up to 3 times so will pre-pay $450 to get total $150 discount.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

capin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Latest AMEX offers

Originally Posted by tonrob
3 new-ish offers I've just added on my various AMEX cards. (All targeted, so YMMV).

Spend $150, get $30 at Lowes. These are brilliant, as Lowes sells lots of gift cards (I usually buy gas ones).

Spend $25, get $25 on hulu.com. There are ways to structure your subscriptions to get the best out of this.

Spend $150, get $50 at AT&T. Using this to prepay Mrs tonrob's phone bill. Usable up to 3 times so will pre-pay $450 to get total $150 discount.
Thanks TonRob,

I am buying a house, I got a 10% voucher from lowes and discover are currently doing the 5% home improvement deal doubling at the end of the year for me so I bought my washing machine and dryer there, Got them at sale prices and scored another 19% off.

Also, I just bought a Sonos playbar direct from Sonos' website - They do a deal with the company I work for and they gave me 20% off and I checked my discover card and that tracked as home improvement too. I won't get the full 10% as I think I will hit the $1500 first but still nice

Last edited by capin; Sep 8th 2016 at 7:07 pm. Reason: playbar not player. Autospellchecker
Old Sep 8th 2016, 6:59 pm
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by capin
Thanks TonRob,

I am buying a house, I got a 10% voucher from lowes and discover are currently doing the 5% home improvement deal doubling at the end of the year for me so I bought my washing machine and dryer there, Got them at sale prices and scored another 19% off.

Also, I just bought a Sonos player direct from Sonos' website - They do a deal with the company I work for and they gave me 20% off and I checked my discover card and that tracked as home improvement too. I won't get the full 10% as I think I will hit the $1500 first but still nice
Hope you went to the Sonos website via a cashback portal!

Sonos Cashback 10% - Compare Sonos.com Cash Back Rebate Rates
Old Sep 8th 2016, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

capin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tonrob
Hope you went to the Sonos website via a cashback portal!

Sonos Cashback 10% - Compare Sonos.com Cash Back Rebate Rates

Nooooooooooooooo

I'll keep telling myself that the cash back would probably have failed after the 20% and I should be happy with 30% off. Keep telling myself that, keep doing it......
Old Sep 8th 2016, 7:30 pm
Septic Sprout

Default Re: 33.3% off at Amazon with AMEX

Another good AMEX offer is $20 rebate when spending $50 at Boxed. Among other things, Boxed sells 100 Forever postage stamps for $49, and (handily) has sriracha sauce on sale for $2. And don't forget the portal love.