Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

30 Days to go

30 Days to go

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 3:47 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default 30 Days to go

I called BCIS yet again today and opened my third and final case inquiry regarding my EAD. I applied back in November and still have received nothing (finger printing was done in January).

I have to wait another 30 days before I can call back and if nothing has been actioned, I get passed through to an Immigration Officer to resolve the issue.

Fingers crossed that I will hopefully be in a position to find a job after the next month or so. Now, what else could possibly delay it a little more
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 30 Days to go

Cant you go to the local office and request an interim one after 90 days? Thats what I did.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 8:44 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Cant you go to the local office and request an interim one after 90 days? Thats what I did.
No way of getting there. Too long a drive for my wifes liking and I don't have my US driving license yet (no EAD.....no SSN....no license).

Still, not long to wait now.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough. I know it's in the past but wouldn't it have been worth getting there any way you could? You could have had an EAD about 6 months ago.
Out of interest, how far away is it?
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 8:59 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Fair enough. I know it's in the past but wouldn't it have been worth getting there any way you could? You could have had an EAD about 6 months ago.
Out of interest, how far away is it?
It's a long story but I've been trying to get someone to take me since it was first overdue. My wife's parents bitch and moan that I don't work and then won't help me get there to get my EAD

I can go to SC which would be only 2 hours away.

Still, I like being the "sorry son-of-a-bitch" of the family
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 12:09 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

They won't take you 200 miles?

WTF?!

great in laws you have there

Originally Posted by rincewind
It's a long story but I've been trying to get someone to take me since it was first overdue. My wife's parents bitch and moan that I don't work and then won't help me get there to get my EAD

I can go to SC which would be only 2 hours away.

Still, I like being the "sorry son-of-a-bitch" of the family
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 2:56 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
They won't take you 200 miles?

WTF?!

great in laws you have there
Trust me, they're worse. I haven't been to visit them for months as they lie all the time.

My mother-in-law had major surgery around 12 years ago and as such she is addicted to pain medication. Soma.

Last week, the hospital threw her into rehab so my wife and I went to visit her. First of all she thanked us for going to see her, then it all went ugly when the doctor came in and told her face to face that she was an addict and that she was to stay there until she got better. She shouted at my wife and I and told us to leave.

Next morning, I get a call from drunk-arse father-in-law calling me a sorry-son-of-a-bitch (my pet name) as he claims I told his wife that she would never be allowed home again in her life What the f???

Next thing I know, he's round my house digging up the yard with his tires. I leave nasty message on his answer machine. He calls back. We bitch at each other. He threatens me with a riffle. I laugh and call him a coward. He gets drunk and falls asleep.

This is a tame example compared with what I've had to put up with over the past couple of years.

Ever since I've known them, they make up stories, BS each other and piss everybody off.

I'm thinking about writing a series about it for TV. "Meet The Rednecks."

Rant over. Feeling better.
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 3:09 pm

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future

Aren't you glad you married into the family? :scared:

Your wife must be worth it...
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 3:47 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by James Box
Aren't you glad you married into the family? :scared:

Your wife must be worth it...
Yep. She is nothing like them. Thankfully
Old Sep 6th 2004, 11:46 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
Yep. She is nothing like them. Thankfully
I'm curious as to why you just don't have anything to do with them? I haven't seen my dad (let alone a father-in-law) since 1993 'cos he's a pain in the arse and his fishwife (not my mum) is even worse. They started so many family disagreements between them it's just easier to never communicate with them.

You must be a saint...

Btw what's your favorite Pratchett book and did you ever meet him? I met him in Belfast at a book signing in about 1994 - small chap! Most of his early books are better than the current crop....

Sam
Old Sep 6th 2004, 2:01 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by ukemigrant
I'm curious as to why you just don't have anything to do with them? I haven't seen my dad (let alone a father-in-law) since 1993 'cos he's a pain in the arse and his fishwife (not my mum) is even worse. They started so many family disagreements between them it's just easier to never communicate with them.

You must be a saint...

Btw what's your favorite Pratchett book and did you ever meet him? I met him in Belfast at a book signing in about 1994 - small chap! Most of his early books are better than the current crop....

Sam
I refuse to visit them now. The mother is always calling to say how she would like to see me and how it would be nice if we were a happy family. Then two days later she'll be cursing me.

A good example of how insane they are is when we are out for the day, we'll come home and find 10 messages on the answer machine.

8 will be from my wife's mom. The first few will be "Help me please." Then it goes to "I love you." and then "screw you". A few of them will go like this, "Pick up........I know you're there..........pick up..........you can hear me."

Er......we're out stupid.

Then, the last two messages will be from drunk father-in-law who will imply that I'm not letting my wife listen to the messages and stopping her from speaking to them.

If only you knew how annoying they are everyday. I've just given up dealing with the two-faced lying hypocritical sons a bitches. They are so red neck and upper class wannabes. That's probably why they hate me because I speak proper English (sons a bitches not included in that ). Not to mention that their daughter is married and they're jealous.

My wife was adopted by these chimps when she was around four days old. They openly state that they only adopted her so that they had someone to look after them when they got older. Isn't that the white version of slavery???

As for Pratchett, Hogfather or anything where Death or Rincewind has a central role. I haven't met him but I would love to. Thanks for making me jealous