Reload this Page >

30 Days between visit to US?

30 Days between visit to US?

Old Jan 29th 2007, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

holi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 30 Days between visit to US?

Hiya,

I know I may sound like an amature here and I couldnt find ANYTHING about it on the net (that's why I am here.)I have been told by one person that if you are visiting the US on the VWP you must wait 30 days in between visits???I had never heard but as I am vsiting my fiance and have just come back from there a few days ago,I plan to go back (ticket booked) in 15 days (less than 30 obvisouly) I wondered if this is true or my frined is mistaken.

Do any of you guys know?Also is there a limit to the amoutn of times I cxan visit in a year witht the VWP?I have only been once and stayed for 80 days and like I said am planning on going back in 15 days so I need to know now.Thanks for any info!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 5:08 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: 30 Days between visit to US?

Originally Posted by holi
Hiya,

I know I may sound like an amature here and I couldnt find ANYTHING about it on the net (that's why I am here.)I have been told by one person that if you are visiting the US on the VWP you must wait 30 days in between visits???I had never heard but as I am vsiting my fiance and have just come back from there a few days ago,I plan to go back (ticket booked) in 15 days (less than 30 obvisouly) I wondered if this is true or my frined is mistaken.

Do any of you guys know?Also is there a limit to the amoutn of times I cxan visit in a year witht the VWP?I have only been once and stayed for 80 days and like I said am planning on going back in 15 days so I need to know now.Thanks for any info!
You need a visa for a fiance! If the immigration officer at the airport discovers that you have a fiance (or even an American boyfriend) you are at risk of being denied entry and put on the next plane back to the UK: this happened to my daughter's friend.

There is a board on this website for visas for fiancees (marriage forums) so do take time to look up the info on the kind of visa you will need (I think it's a K-1 visa but there is also the K-3, see below).

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...m&page=compare

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164511 (FAQs)

Last edited by Englishmum; Jan 29th 2007 at 5:14 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: 30 Days between visit to US?

Um ok,I didnt think about that.It's surely not uncommon for people to visit their fiances/boyfrineds in the US?But I guess it depend who you get.I know which visas we need for what when we do decide to go through with the wedding /mariage part of this.I only need to know if there needs to be 30 days between visits with the VWP?

Do you really think me having a fiance will stop me getting in to the states,when I have A return ticket and every intention of going home (I suppose they have heard it all before)I am worried now?So how do we vivit before we actually apply for the visa?This is so friggin complicated!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 5:17 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,

There is no fixed time required between each trip ..its all up to the POE officer ... you should be OK for one more trip ..then you get into a dodgy area ....

Safest way is alway 90 days in ..90 days out ...
Old Jan 29th 2007, 5:19 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Um ok,I didnt think about that.It's surely not uncommon for people to visit their fiances/boyfrineds in the US?But I guess it depend who you get.I know which visas we need for what when we do decide to go through with the wedding /mariage part of this.I only need to know if there needs to be 30 days between visits with the VWP?

Do you really think me having a fiance will stop me getting in to the states,when I have A return ticket and every intention of going home (I suppose they have heard it all before)I am worried now?So how do we vivit before we actually apply for the visa?This is so friggin complicated!
Just take plenty of evidence of ties back home. Don't tell lies but don't volunteer any extra information either.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

The year before i moved here i came across the the states 5 times, sometimes with only a week between trips. That said I never stayed more than 2 weeks. So I dont think there is a hard rule - however after just staying 80 days you probably have an issue - and if they find out you have a fiancee then you definitely have a problem!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Okay so it's deffinately not a good idea to tell them .I got that.Cool.Thanks for the info and replies.I suppose I will have to maybe wait a while here before I go.I feel like I am being sneaky although I know I am doing nothing wrong and have no intention of.It is silly that we have to try and "play gaes" just to get to go where we want and see who we love.

Thanks for the replies
Old Jan 29th 2007, 5:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

have a read through the marriage based forums...

but there isn't a stead fast rule, it's up to the office at POE, but rule of thumb is to be out of the country for at least max amount of stay allowed before coming back on the vwp, you might not get bounced, but you might well be, as it's unusual for people here to have that much holiday time...having a fiance means you have to prove that you don't have immigrant intent on this visit, so as mentioned, bring plenty of proof that you don't intend to stay, such as letter from your employer, house payments, that sort of thing...you might not need it, but better to have it.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 5:28 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

In 2004 I spent 10 months in the USA, in that time I made 5 trips back to the UK . I never did mention that I was visiting my wife when coming through the POE ...I would always reply "friends" when asked who I was visiting.
On the last round trip the POE officer grilled me abit, but I always carried a letter from my employer with details of extended leave and the date I was expected back at work .... It's a gamble and its all down to personal choice .

Good luck
Old Jan 29th 2007, 5:34 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
In 2004 I spent 10 months in the USA, in that time I made 5 trips back to the UK . I never did mention that I was visiting my wife when coming through the POE ...I would always reply "friends" when asked who I was visiting.
On the last round trip the POE officer grilled me abit, but I always carried a letter from my employer with details of extended leave and the date I was expected back at work .... It's a gamble and its all down to personal choice .

Good luck
Yesterday I talked to a girl ..did 90 days ..went back for a month ..came back and was bounced back to the UK ...
You just never know ..
Old Jan 29th 2007, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

I always told them that I was visiting my fiance - but I did have a return ticket within 2-3 weeks each of the three times, and there was 6-7 weeks between trips. The worst thing that happened was once I got asked to show my return ticket.

I understand the general rule of thumb is be out for as many days as you are in.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:44 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Okay so it's deffinately not a good idea to tell them .
Unless of course you are asked directly.
Lying is pretty naughty.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Yich!I am terrible at lying.I am trying to get a story straight in my mind.I think I may just not go.I will have to wait.This is SO rediculous.Oh well!
Old Jan 30th 2007, 12:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yich!I am terrible at lying.I am trying to get a story straight in my mind.I think I may just not go.I will have to wait.This is SO rediculous.Oh well!
Never lie to the immigration officials. As Ray usually says 'they only ask questions to the answers they already know'.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 12:54 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

I almost got nailed at LHR as I was working in Moscow nearly monthly and transiting London (a few days before and after each trip to Russia). My passport was filling up with UK visa stamps and after a guy had to go through about three pages to find an open space, he started quizzing me on where I lived, what I was doing, etc.

Luckily I had some proof of my work in Russia (which was in Russian) and that calmed him a bit. In retrospect, it probably did look a bit suspicious.