Reload this Page >

2010 Predictions?

2010 Predictions?

Old Jan 1st 2010, 4:55 pm
JT1
Account Closed

JT1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2010 Predictions?

Any predictions for the what, the how, the when for immigration reform now that healthcare is almost there?
Old Jan 1st 2010, 7:30 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2010 Predictions?

Originally Posted by JT1
Any predictions for the what, the how, the when for immigration reform now that healthcare is almost there?
If we have to wait for healthcare to get fixed properly before immigration reform does... well, just let me say I'm not going to hold my breath.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 7:33 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JT1
healthcare reform almost there?

forcing people to buy from rip off merchants or they get fined?

some reform.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 7:37 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc

some reform.
I am just amazed at how the insurance companies ended up coming out of the other end of this with a guarantee of forcing people to buy their insurance but for higher premiums than last year because they're already sick. Awful legislation.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 7:39 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex
Awful legislation.
horrific.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 7:52 pm
JT1
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Manc

some reform.
Well, the post is referring to immigration, but since you mentioned healthcare, imo it's alot more reformed even in it's current state than it's been in a long while and hopefully the real rip-off merchants will get one in the eye, but such justice is rarely ever meted out to the people that deserve it.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I won't hold my breath on immigration changes in the new year. I don't know just what you are hoping will change, i.e. adjustment for illegals without penalty, amnesty, what?

Immigration timelines have improved dramatically over the last year. You can adjust status based on marriage to a USC in under six months and become a USC in three months.

The health bill sucks. It is business as usually ... corporate thieves robbing the poor and middle class.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

bizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nice

I work in the healthcare field and it is nothing but customer service and I have seen people discharged because their insurance ran out and they were still quite sick. It is all about the almighty dollar.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:32 pm
JT1
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rete
I won't hold my breath on immigration changes in the new year. I don't know just what you are hoping will change, i.e. adjustment for illegals without penalty, amnesty, what?

Immigration timelines have improved dramatically over the last year. You can adjust status based on marriage to a USC in under six months and become a USC in three months.

The health bill sucks. It is business as usually ... corporate thieves robbing the poor and middle class.
A firework up the backside of the DOL would suit me just fine - 45 days for PERM - mmm, try 5 years and counting .....
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:48 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bizzymum
I work in the healthcare field and it is nothing but customer service and I have seen people discharged because their insurance ran out and they were still quite sick. It is all about the almighty dollar.
True. I used to see them as the home visit nurse, most of my patients should have still been in the hospital. I'd have to teach the family to perform medical procedures as we could only have a limited number of visits and after that they were on their own.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
True. I used to see them as the home visit nurse, most of my patients should have still been in the hospital. I'd have to teach the family to perform medical procedures as we could only have a limited number of visits and after that they were on their own.
oh to be living the life over here
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:48 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

My prediction, is nothing will change.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 1:37 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Sadly this is precisely what I predicted the outcome would be. It gives me no pleasure to be proven correct - I would rather have been proven wrong.

But, in all truth, there was never any real prospect of any other outcome.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed.

If ever there was a way to fix healthcare in the US - this isn't it.

Still at least the fantastic healthcare system fixed up Rush Limbaugh lickety split...I'm sure the Fox bashers are happy about that.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding healthcare reform, for those of you who disapprove of the current bill, why do you feel that this proposal is horrific? What specifically has caused you to form that opinion?

I ask because there's an awful lot to it and I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the whole thing. From what I've seen, it looks like progress from the status quo even if it's not ideal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.