Reload this Page >

2 year relocation

2 year relocation

Old Sep 26th 2023, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Emmy_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2 year relocation

Hi,

My husband has been offered a 2 year re-location to San-Jose, California with his company which is due to commence latter end of next year. We will be re-locating with our 2 young children who by that time will be 5 & 7.

I’m currently looking for any advise on best locations for us to consider property wise as well as schools.

I’m also a Registered Nurse in the UK. Whilst I’m going to be travelling on a spousal visa i’m very keen to further my education and potentially study to become a nurse in the US or further my training to be skilled as a midwife. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

We are looking at re-location full-time after the 2 years end.
Old Oct 26th 2023, 1:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 year relocation

Originally Posted by Emmy_1
Hi,

My husband has been offered a 2 year re-location to San-Jose, California with his company which is due to commence latter end of next year. We will be re-locating with our 2 young children who by that time will be 5 & 7.

I’m currently looking for any advise on best locations for us to consider property wise as well as schools.

I’m also a Registered Nurse in the UK. Whilst I’m going to be travelling on a spousal visa i’m very keen to further my education and potentially study to become a nurse in the US or further my training to be skilled as a midwife. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

We are looking at re-location full-time after the 2 years end.
Hi, welcome to BE.

Can't help with locations but you might want to give people an idea of the kind of property you're looking for and your budget so that they can suggest areas that may work. Will the employer be paying for private schooling or will your children be going in to the local school system?

And if you are hoping to stay permanently, make sure you get it written in to the contract that the employer will sponsor green cards, a lot are reluctant to so you need something in writing really.

Best of luck with the move.