British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   2 xrays, one package. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/2-xrays-one-package-109960/)

rogerpenycate Jul 30th 2002 7:38 am

2 xrays, one package.

Myself and my daughter went to London for the interview and medical.
After the medical we were asked if we would be travelling to the US together, and at the time that was the plan, and so they bundled our x-rays into one package.
Although I have a buyer for my house, it is taking a long time to arrive at a completion date and could well be another month.
Chatting to my daughter and my wife (who is already in the US) we were talking about my daughter going over before me, possibly even next week, to get settled,sort out her SSN and to look around for work etc........
Problem is the x-rays, obvioulsy she can't take both, and of course the package can't be tampered with.
I'm sort of betwixt departments, there is no point me emailing the US Embassy in London as they are effectively "done with me".
Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can resolve this, or is it best to just accept that we will have to travel together.
Thank you.

Roger

Mrtravel Jul 30th 2002 6:20 pm

Re: 2 xrays, one package.

I have NEVER heard of INS at the POE even asking for the XRays. If there was a
problem that disallowed US immigration, it would have been in the medical report and
the visa would have been denied.

In many cases, the Xrays is simply handed to the applicant in a plain folder and not
in any special "do not open" envelope. Take one out of the envelope and put it
somewhere else. Taking non secured X Rays though the POE is a NORMAL occurrence for
immigrants.

rogerpenycate Jul 30th 2002 7:55 pm

Thanks for your advice.
The problem is they are rolled into a tube and sellotaped down
with our names on.
The nurse at the medical said "take these with you in your hand baggage, they will be needed for the immigration officer at the POE"
Much like the MSBE.
I hope you can appreciate my predicament.

L D Jones Jul 30th 2002 11:20 pm

rogerpenycate wrote:
    >
    > Myself and my daughter went to London for the interview and medical. After the
    > medical we were asked if we would be travelling to the US together, and at the time
    > that was the plan, and so they bundled our x-rays into one package. Although I have
    > a buyer for my house, it is taking a long time to arrive at a completion date and
    > could well be another month. Chatting to my daughter and my wife (who is already in
    > the US) we were talking about my daughter going over before me, possibly even next
    > week, to get settled,sort out her SSN and to look around for work etc........
    > Problem is the x-rays, obvioulsy she can't take both, and of course the package
    > can't be tampered with. I'm sort of betwixt departments, there is no point me
    > emailing the US Embassy in London as they are effectively "done with me". Does
    > anyone have any ideas as to how I can resolve this, or is it best to just accept
    > that we will have to travel together. Thank you.

In my opinion it's only the envelope that cannot be tampered with. No one said that
you could not take apart the set of 2 x-rays, particularly if you have to travel
separately. If it were me I would simply separate them and, if asked at the POE, just
tell them exactly why you did it.

Mrtravel Jul 31st 2002 12:20 am

rogerpenycate wrote:
    >
    > Thanks for your advice. The problem is they are rolled into a tube and sellotaped
    > down with our names on. The nurse at the medical said "take these with you in your
    > hand baggage, they will be needed for the immigration officer at the POE" Much like
    > the MSBE. I hope you can appreciate my predicament.
    >

I have seen people hand carrying xrays that were not sealed. My wife did the same. I
have never heard them being asked for at the POE, and I know that not every medical
office seals them up like yours.

Ameriscot Jul 31st 2002 1:31 am

Originally posted by rogerpenycate
Thanks for your advice.
The problem is they are rolled into a tube and sellotaped down
with our names on.
The nurse at the medical said "take these with you in your hand baggage, they will be needed for the immigration officer at the POE"
Much like the MSBE.
I hope you can appreciate my predicament.

You do not have to take them in your hand luggage. In the letter that came with your visa, it should have said that you could put the x-rays in your checked baggage. It is highly unlikely that anyone at the POE would want to see them, but since they are part of the visa, you need to know where they are.

If you decide to travel separately, just take your DD's x-ray out of the envelope for her to pack in her own suitcase. No biggie.

If either of you were asked for the x-rays at the POE, you have a very good and reasonable explanation as to why they were not in their original envelope.

Rete Jul 31st 2002 2:30 am

LOL I have heard of people taking the xrays to the AOS interview here in the US after they came in on a K-1. No one has ever been asked for them. In fact, most of us have been told to use it as wallpaper or hold on to them and give them to our new doctors in the States.

You can open them and if you can tell them apart, give Katie hers to take with her. She can carry them whichever way she chooses.

Rete

rogerpenycate Jul 31st 2002 10:49 am

Thanks Y'all.
If we do decide that Katie goes earlier then me, lets hope I can tell the difference between the x-rays of a 52 year old man and a 17 year old girl !!!

Rete Jul 31st 2002 1:15 pm

Hint:

Look for the xray that shadows a rightside up tulip. That would be Katie.

The wrongside up tulip would be you ;-)))

Words from a 54 yo former tulip turned Mum ... an allround gal

rogerpenycate Jul 31st 2002 1:35 pm

Thank you for that, my little Tulip !
It's amazing the information you pick up along lifes travels.

Kristin Jul 31st 2002 4:20 pm

I don't know if they do this at the medical's in London, but my fiance's x-ray had
his photo stapled to it. He had his medical in Toronto. We opened it when we got back
to our hotel room, because my fiance was curious. Kristin

rogerpenycate wrote:

> Thank you for that, my little Tulip ! It's amazing the information you pick up
    > along lifes travels.
    >
    > --
    > Fulham Football Club for the Premiership Title ?????
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

rogerpenycate Jul 31st 2002 4:39 pm

They may well do, we gave the Doctor a photo each and as far as
I know it wasn't used for anything else.
As I said the x-rays are wrapped in brown paper (like a relay baton)
So if I do open it and there are no photos I'll be checking for
the tulips :o)

The Mysterious Brown Baton ?

Mrtravel Aug 1st 2002 2:20 am

Rete wrote:
    >
    > Hint:
    >
    > Look for the xray that shadows a rightside up tulip. That would be Katie.
    >
    > The wrongside up tulip would be you ;)))

Does the X-Ray show that much? I thought it was a chest x-ray

>
    > Words from a 54 yo former tulip turned Mum ... an allround gal
    >

Former tulip??? How does that change?

meauxna Aug 1st 2002 9:17 am

Re: Re: 2 xrays, one package.

Originally posted by Mrtravel
Former tulip??? How does that change?
heheheh, my question *exactly*! :scared: