Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

2 large explosions at Boston Marathon

2 large explosions at Boston Marathon

Old Apr 25th 2013, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 large explosions at Boston Marathon

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
She probably thinks the shoplifting arrest was a set-up, too.
She probably does... otoh, she's just lost one or her sons and the other is likely to be executed at some point. It's hardly surprising she's in an emotionally distraught place right now. That's not to excuse her past conduct, but listening to her comments right now is kind of... pointless.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Nokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ichigo-chan
He spent his teenage years in a foreign environment

I am not excusing his actions - I am just saying that it is unfortunate his life came to this - he might as well be dead now
Ichigo....You seem to be infected with the greatest disease in modern day society. ie making excuses.

He had choices. He knew exactly what his choices would result in.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ichigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
He displayed a level of evil, that is rarely matched.

He made his choices and deserves all that's coming to him.

As for the word "unfortunate" - What word wou

ld you use to describe the people who were killed, or maimed, by this evil bastard?
Wow- what happened to turning the other cheek?
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:06 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nokoman
Ichigo....You seem to be infected with the greatest disease in modern day society. ie making excuses.
Yeah, what is it with that these days? It's always someone else's fault isn't it? Or, heaven forbid, society ...

People make choices to do the things they do, it's nobody's fault but their own when bad things happen.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

You must be a lot younger than me

I did a lot of dumb things at 19

Btw in Japan one is not an adult until 21

However his acts were inexcusable - I wish he had had better role models
BTW what does what happens in Japan have to do with this?
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:08 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

And whatever happened to common sense? Your apologias do not hold water.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ichigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really nice

Lynch mob mentality

Hey why not kill me?
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:13 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah... No.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Nokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Yeah, what is it with that these days? It's always someone else's fault isn't it? Or, heaven forbid, society ...

People make choices to do the things they do, it's nobody's fault but their own when bad things happen.
It is a terrible condition. Everything is always someone else's fault.

I remember a father being interviewed about 30 years ago. He was a hotel owner not far from Aberdeen. His son had been caught drunk in some Middle East country and had been sentenced to X number of lashes. In the interview his father said something like this.

" Hey, he is an adult. He broke the law in the country . He knew the law and he broke it. He needs to take his punishment. No excuses from me. "

I thought the father was 100% correct.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:22 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

It is a terrible condition. Everything is always someone else's fault.

I remember a father being interviewed about 30 years ago. He was a hotel owner not far from Aberdeen. His son had been caught drunk in some Middle East country and had been sentenced to X number of lashes. In the interview his father said something like this.

" Hey, he is an adult. He broke the law in the country . He knew the law and he broke it. He needs to take his punishment. No excuses from me. "

I thought the father was 100% correct.
I do agree. Not that I'd want my son to experience that, nor am I a supporter of such draconian punishments in general but when he reaches adulthood, I will have fulfilled my obligation to him by teaching him how to conduct himself. If he gets into any bother, it's on him.

I'd still be sad about it and feel I didn't do enough and all that but ultimately, I would still know where to lay the blame.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:25 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Many (most) 19 year olds are still maturing and do not fully understand the consequences of their actions. This in no way changes the need for him to spend decades at the least in gaol. But often at that age, it is the influence of one or two others that can set a life on a positive or a negative course. Sadly for him, the victims and (everyone really) that influence was very very negative.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

I do agree. Not that I'd want my son to experience that, nor am I a supporter of such draconian punishments in general but when he reaches adulthood, I will have fulfilled my obligation to him by teaching him how to conduct himself. If he gets into any bother, it's on him.

I'd still be sad about it and feel I didn't do enough and all that but ultimately, I would still know where to lay the blame.
Agreed.

You remind me of a saying my brother told me recently. It's in regard to the love a parent has for their child.

The greatest love you can give them is in the times they least deserve it.

I can fully understand that up to a point. But I'm not helluva sure my love would extend to a son who has placed a bomb intended to inflict terrible wounds in a crowded space?

I must ask him if love extends that far?
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:39 pm
I have a comma problem

Agreed.

You remind me of a saying my brother told me recently. It's in regard to the love a parent has for their child.

The greatest love you can give them is in the times they least deserve it.

I can fully understand that up to a point. But I'm not helluva sure my love would extend to a son who has placed a bomb intended to inflict terrible wounds in a crowded space?

I must ask him if love extends that far?
I don't know how I would handle that. Nobody does, really.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

I don't know how I would handle that. Nobody does, really.
Very true.

But in this case I'd hope I would have the strength to condemn my children without reservation.

PS. I noticed where you are originally from. The first love of my life was born in Carrickfergus.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:49 pm
I have a comma problem

Very true.

But in this case I'd hope I would have the strength to condemn my children without reservation.
Well hopefully, for all of us, this remains a theoretical situation.

PS. I noticed where you are originally from. The first love of my life was born in Carrickfergus.
Small world!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.