Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

2 large explosions at Boston Marathon

2 large explosions at Boston Marathon

Old Apr 20th 2013, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 large explosions at Boston Marathon

Originally Posted by nateusa
for the victims of the bombing.

sad to see two brainwashed people cause damage to the innocent and themselves?

i presume i have to tell you first.
You mean like you and SAXT.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 2:05 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coastieexpat
I think April is "special" month on BE.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Nokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tonrob
Many people seem to think like you. Fortunately this has no relevance to what actually happens in most instances. When it does, that's when the problem occurs.
I didn't expect anything more than a weak as piss answer. I wasn't disappointed.

There is no problem. I can fully understand and respect your opinion. Sadly you are too blinkered to accept others have equally valid opinions that differ from yours.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 2:13 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nokoman
I didn't expect anything more than a weak as piss answer. I wasn't disappointed.

There is no problem. I can fully understand and respect your opinion. Sadly you are too blinkered to accept others have equally valid opinions that differ from yours.
Ok - so your opinion is that the suspect, prior to trial, should be tortured. Apart from being psychopathic that isn't going to happen and is therefore irrelevant. Your opinion does nothing more than to illustrate who you are.

Thankfully, while opinions such as yours are ten-a-penny, pissed all over social media this evening by the hard-of-thinking, they really don't count for anything, and as such this is the last time I'll be abusing my poor keyboard tonight on this non-subject.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

Nokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to all

Ok - so your opinion is that the suspect, prior to trial, should be tortured. Apart from being psychopathic that isn't going to happen and is therefore irrelevant. Your opinion does nothing more than to illustrate who you are.

Thankfully, while opinions such as yours are ten-a-penny, pissed all over social media this evening by the hard-of-thinking, they really don't count for anything, and as such this is the last time I'll be abusing my poor keyboard tonight on this non-subject.
Best post I've read. Another tree hugger comes up with..........hmmmmm nothing.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 2:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq
IUD or IED? Dunno where a bloke would wear an IUD but I suspect it would be very, very uncomfortable.
Yah but it would also scare conservatives if he had it strapped to his chest.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

SATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1cky View Post
Boston PD are making me chuckle. As they drove away from the scene to the cheers of the public someone on the loud speaker said "we are Boston PD, it's been our pleasure" and then they released this tweet

"CAPTURED!!! The hunt is over. The search is done. The terror is over. And justice has won. Suspect in custody."

Wonder how long someone had been working on that little ditty.

Good for them, a great result for them tonight. What a shitty job

I think the poster meant, " unpleasant job " ........
I doubt that, since his Turkey references to crossing the border into Iraq.

Originally Posted by nateusa
for the victims of the bombing.

sad to see two brainwashed people cause damage to the innocent and themselves?

i presume i have to tell you first.
And your misguided diversion to Turkey???? and the Kurds????

Please read more... your may understand better...

Originally Posted by Michael
Yah but it would also scare conservatives if he had it strapped to his chest.
Because that is birth control right, like this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1278649
Old Apr 20th 2013, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

SATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really nice

Just like yours, Prime Minister of the Internet.....
Old Apr 20th 2013, 3:18 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

+1

While most of us find the violence of the bombings repellent, some people, including some on this thread, seem to get all excited by it and become not only backseat generals but backseat torturers - ie, exactly the same comfort with violence and disrespect for law as the people they want to torture.

Not worth wasting either time or breath on them. It's repugnant and dishonours the memory of the victims.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

A point to remember in this torture argument is that most professional torturers get their rocks off by doing their job. Those who don't, are psychopaths, who really don't get turned on by anything.

I would not like to live next door to a terrorist or other violent criminal, but I also wouldn't like to live next door to someone who voluntarily and gratuitously causes pain to helpless people, whatever the notional justification. To me, they are both unspeakable scum.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 3:23 am
Banned

nateusa will become famous soon enoughnateusa will become famous soon enough

how? please expand..
Old Apr 20th 2013, 3:25 am
Banned

Originally Posted by SATX John
I doubt that, since his Turkey references to crossing the border into Iraq.

And your misguided diversion to Turkey???? and the Kurds????

Please read more... your may understand better...

Because that is birth control right, like this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1278649
why don't you write what you insinuate?
Old Apr 20th 2013, 3:41 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

While there may be times to respect people advocating breaking the law and illegal actions, your proposition is not it. Isn't there rules against advocating breaking the law on BE?
Old Apr 20th 2013, 4:05 am
Banned

a brit redneck, i've heard it all.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 4:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

How do you measure a reporters test experiment to a real life situation?
In this covert world I doubt if there is some form or exact record keeping. Who say's it doesn't work?

Could torture result in false information? Sure it could. Could no torture result in NO information. Probably.

It's what you do with the information you get. That's the important part, because you sure as hell can't do anything with no information.

If this guy is fit, hook his nuts up tonight.
It is a proven fact that the FBI has been more successful in obtaining information through non violent means of interrogation than the CIA has been through torture. A 6,000 page study was completed that is summed up briefly in this statement; Officials familiar with the report said it makes a detailed case that subjecting prisoners to “enhanced” interrogation techniques did not help the CIA find Osama bin Laden and often were counterproductive in the broader campaign against al-Qaeda. I'll go with that assessment. Not yours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.