Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

2 large explosions at Boston Marathon

2 large explosions at Boston Marathon

Old Apr 20th 2013, 7:03 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 large explosions at Boston Marathon

Originally Posted by SATX John
You call that a shitty job... They risked their lives to apprehend him.

Thank goodness the terrorist is alive.

From 96hrs, one terrorist killed, one captured, pretty good in my book.
Originally Posted by coastieexpat

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1cky View Post
Boston PD are making me chuckle. As they drove away from the scene to the cheers of the public someone on the loud speaker said "we are Boston PD, it's been our pleasure" and then they released this tweet

"CAPTURED!!! The hunt is over. The search is done. The terror is over. And justice has won. Suspect in custody."

Wonder how long someone had been working on that little ditty.

Good for them, a great result for them tonight. What a shitty job

I think the poster meant, " unpleasant job " ........
Yes indeed, I meant what a crappy job to be a police officer, life in danger, sat around for 48 hours today. I simply meant who would want to do that, kudos to them. Job well done today, in my books
Old Apr 20th 2013, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Is that 1/400 of a frame?

Never mind, I think I see you mean a 1/20 of the width.
Yes 1/20th the width and 1/20th the height. Also we don't know if the original video of them walking was cropped before it was released to the public.

Last edited by Michael; Apr 20th 2013 at 7:13 am.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 7:38 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan Alaska
Unfortunately they probably won't link yesterdays atrocity with anything the UK went through at the hands of the IRA. Most Americans aren't aware terrorism even existed before 9/11
Really?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...center-attack/
Old Apr 20th 2013, 10:43 am
Banned

nateusa will become famous soon enoughnateusa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by civilservant
British and Redneck.

There's 2 words I've never heard together.

You made your racist and religious xenophobic views clear in another thread, I suggest you take them elsewhere.
oi you watch your lip?

which thread?

and which views?

talking bollocks?
Old Apr 20th 2013, 12:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

So you are the first up to show your arse.....

Cling to your talisman, and continue to confuse facts with your agenda.

Foreign Terrorists Killed and Captured in the US for their acts of violence against innocent American civilians.
Errrr.

No need to respond, but they were USC's and the last time I looked, there wasn't a class system amongst US citizen heritage :/
Old Apr 20th 2013, 1:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Hundreds and hundreds of people are shot and killed by Americans in every large city in this country every year.

Out of a vast immigrant population, you have had two bombs in how many years?

Let's keep things in proportion. This is a country, not a private house. And it's not hallowed ground - its territory and people are no more or less special than anyone else. This is not meant to be callous, but the situation would profit from a lowering of the emotional heat around how "they" could do this to "us".
A few aircraft as well.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 1:26 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

You have to be kidding, right?

So this was not like 7 July? or the 21 July attempt or the 29 June attempts in London?

Are you trying to say their actions are justified? Just checking. Not heat to you since it is not in the mother country, right. I remember all the IRA talk earlier, seemed pretty hot then, ehhh...
Apart from your obvious inability to understand what I wrote, I really don't have much to say to an advocate for torture such as yourself.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 4:19 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I had not realized just how close the next Olympics at Sochi is to several recent wars and current areas of tension.

500 miles to Grozny
90 miles to Sukhumi in Abkhazian

with Ingushetia and Osetia between.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Nokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to all

One could argue that the last Olympics was help in a city that has seen a lot of terrorist and tension......London.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

SATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
Errrr.

No need to respond, but they were USC's and the last time I looked, there wasn't a class system amongst US citizen heritage :/
The elder was a GC holder, the younger naturalized. Like I said, your earlier post had on foreign reference, yes I do know what you meant, just apologize, say you were wrong and move one. Neither was born in the US, much to your chagrin, and Chris Matthews.

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Apart from your obvious inability to understand what I wrote, I really don't have much to say to an advocate for torture such as yourself.
You are obfuscating the incident, by saying, in effect, what's the big deal. 3 dead, 30 traumatic amputations, 140 wounded. Very clear to me what you said.

Enhanced interrogations are not torture. Military get water boarded during our survival training. Notice he is not being Mirandized, due to his imminent threat possibility.

How long can they hold you in the UK, under the 2001 terror act:
The Answer is for Foreigners indefinitely.

2006 Act: Detention for 28 days, likely in a very dark hole, like Wandswoth or Belmarsh, or an undisclosed location.

Your high horse has fallen over.

Last edited by SATX John; Apr 20th 2013 at 5:51 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 5:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nokoman
One thing that has always had me confused. They say that the technology is there that can photograph of one taking a tinkle in your back garden from a satellite orbiting the earth?

So why is is when they post a photo of some guy robbing a bank the image quality is so poor?
The quality of the images of these two guys was better than some pics you see. But in this day and age why are they so grainy and generally poor.

Everything is usually down to cost, but I get better quality video out of my $80 Kodak
Pics can also be greatly enhanced...so no need to show such blurred photos. The FBI allegedly had interviewed the older brother a couple of years ago. If that's the case...surely they would have ran the suspects' faces through the FBI's data base...and with facial recognition...been well aware of his name and background. Unless of course asking for the public to ID the brothers was a ploy to flush them out of hiding.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 6:00 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

So.....30,000+ gun deaths, business as usual. 3 dead in a bomb, lets use torture.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 6:02 pm
He/him

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Pics can also be greatly enhanced...so no need to show such blurred photos. .
enhancement of photos is greatly exaggerated. Garbage in - garbage out, at best, enhancement makes things up.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Nokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kimilseung
So.....30,000+ gun deaths, business as usual. 3 dead in a bomb, lets use torture.

I must admit I don't see your comparison as having any meaning.

A guy shoots an employee in the execution of a robbery of a 7-11 and is caught. Why would you torture him? To reveal a nationwide plot to rob 7-11's?

IMO Your analogy is pure junk.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
100% agree.
Thank whatever upstairs !!!!

Last night, in Richmond, two teenagers were shot and killed bringing the death toll by guns in a town of 50,000 to 5 THIS YEAR.

Down the road, Oakland has had 71 gun murders this year alone. 71 !!!!

Yet selfish, white, middle-class, middle-Americans insist that they can't trust the law enforcement that they praise for their response in Boston and "have to be allowed to bear arms" as if they still live in Colonial times.

Where is the SWOT team in this area ? By my reckoning, the entire Bay Area should be on nightly lock-down.

A sense of proportion is missing here entirely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.