Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

2 large explosions at Boston Marathon

2 large explosions at Boston Marathon

Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:19 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 large explosions at Boston Marathon

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
Never thought I'd say this what with my previous positive opinions about immigration but.... I think America should re-examine our immigration policy.We allow far too many people into America and several of them turn out to have extreme ideologies and they bring that thinking with them.We have more than enough American born extremist to deal with we don't need to import more of that ilk. Now we have Chechen terrorist bombing American cities and the ironic thing about that is the fact that america was sympathetic toward the Chechens and their struggle with the Russians insurgency. As an American I have had enough.I wish we could ship many of these trouble makers out the door.We could start with political trouble makers like Rupert Murdock that have done nothing but dumb downed a portion of America. People like that are turning this country into a nation of extremist thinkers. Ok, I'm off my soapbox.
Albert Einstein, Wernher von Braun, Enrico Fermi , me... etc. etc.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:22 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Get the Telly on. They reckon they've got him surrounded in Watertown.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:23 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

In a boat with 20+ shots fired. Well according to Fox so that could mean anything.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

SATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
This translates to me as, "Catch the FBI's person of interest and torture him to death whether he's guilty or innocent." Nothing new about that sort of feeling; that's why there are persons of interest still in Guantanamo getting tortured, but it's not quite what the US Constitution calls for - or indeed the world's human-rights Conventions.

Is it relevant to prove guilt, these days? Not for everybody, eh?
The "suspect" that threw IEDs at officers in a shootout last night? Yep Waterboard his ass. Declare him a combatant, Obama killed an AMCIT in Yemen with a drone, why not here, by LEO's with guns?

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
This sort of knee-jerk reaction is unfortunately quite predictable and I think we will all come across it.
Like gun control following a mass shooting? or the justification for more gun control following this, countdown begins now, expect to hear it from a Dem tonight, relating to these Terrorists.

Originally Posted by Weeze
In a boat with 20+ shots fired. Well according to Fox so that could mean anything.
Hope they ball him up, but doubt he will survive, too much risk for officers. Good luck and be as safe as you can guys (LEOs).

Break, Break:

I don't see anyone apologizing for their previous comments on "Who" they thought responsible for this terrorist attack, in the first pages.

Curious..... well not really. They will parse their words, and claim this is exactly what they meant, or claim Nidal Hassan and this attack are instances of workplace violence and have nothing to do with radical Islam.

Last edited by SATX John; Apr 19th 2013 at 11:43 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

Nokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to all

Michael...Thanks for the detailed report. It's way over my head. I'll take your word for it.

Cheers...Neil
Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:53 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SATX John
I don't see anyone apologizing for their previous comments on "Who" they thought responsible for this terrorist attack, in the first pages.
And we've never seen you apologize for being a daft <snip>

Last edited by Sue; Apr 20th 2013 at 12:21 am. Reason: Let's not start name calling. Thanks.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

SATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really nice

Originally Posted by tonrob
And we never saw you apologize for being a daft <snip>
Really??? read the thread, or are you making excuses for your own shortcomings and BS?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...ect-years-ago/
Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Weeze
http://boston.com/
Old Apr 20th 2013, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

dlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond repute

The "suspect" that threw IEDs at officers in a shootout last night? Yep Waterboard his ass. Declare him a combatant, Obama killed an AMCIT in Yemen with a drone, why not here, by LEO's with guns?

Like gun control following a mass shooting? or the justification for more gun control following this, countdown begins now, expect to hear it from a Dem tonight, relating to these Terrorists.

Curious..... well not really. They will parse their words, and claim this is exactly what they meant, or claim Nidal Hassan and this attack are instances of workplace violence and have nothing to do with radical Islam.
Hmm - well given that the record of gun violence in this country is one that anyone still stuck in the 19th century believing in out-dated religions should be ashamed of, that is a bit ripe. I hear that those stuck still stuck in that century believe there was a bloke called Moses who had something to do with some old rocks with "Thou Shalt Not Kill" etched on them (I'm an atheist by the way, but I still find those rules relevant to my life). Think the Muslims call him Musa and he's revered as a prophet and teacher.

Last year in Oakland, CA, there were 131 murders. That is in a city with a population of around 400,000. There were 640 in the whole of the UK with a population of 65,000,000. As they say here, "Do the Math."

Maybe you should deride the religion of most of those people as well ? What is it again ??? Oh yes - Oakland is one of the most Christian cities in the country. Is that Radical Christian Terrorists ?

Double-standards, my friend, double-standards.

And, as has been pointed out, these people have spent most of their LIFE in America and certainly their formative years.

Last edited by dlake02; Apr 20th 2013 at 12:14 am.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Nokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to all

Time to refresh the old joke.

"If hooking up terrorist prisoner's testicles to a car battery to get the truth out of the lying little shyte will save just one life, then I have only three things to say,'

'Red is positive, black is negative, and make sure his nuts are wet."
Old Apr 20th 2013, 12:08 am
Septic Sprout

Really??? read the thread, or are you making excuses for your own shortcomings and BS?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...ect-years-ago/
Apologies. For clarification - the scope of my comment was in no means limited to your "contribution" to this thread.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 12:12 am
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by Nokoman

"If hooking up terrorist prisoner's testicles to a car battery to get the truth out of the lying little shyte will save just one life, then I have only three things to say,'

Old Apr 20th 2013, 12:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nokoman

A recent report has cast doubt on the effectiveness of torture.

http://detaineetaskforce.org/
Old Apr 20th 2013, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dlake02
Hmm - well given that the record of gun violence in this country is one that anyone still stuck in the 19th century believing in out-dated religions should be ashamed of, that is a bit ripe. I hear that those stuck still stuck in that century believe there was a bloke called Moses who had something to do with some old rocks with "Though Shalt Not Kill" etched on them (I'm an atheist by the way, but I still find those rules relevant to my life). Think the Muslims call him Musa and he's revered as a prophet and teacher.

Last year in Oakland, CA, there were 131 murders. That is in a city with a population of around 400,000. There were 640 in the whole of the UK with a population of 65,000,000. As they say here, "Do the Math."

Maybe you should deride the religion of most of those people as well ? What is it again ??? Oh yes - Oakland is one of the most Christian cities in the country. Is that Radical Christian Terrorists ?

Double-standards, my friend, double-standards.

And, as has been pointed out, these people have spent most of their LIFE in America and certainly their formative years.
And California has some of the most stringent gun laws in the country? How is that working out for them?

BTW I mentioned radical Islam, not Islam. I would agree that Christian, Jew and Muslim are the three related religions via the prophets. However "Radicals" in all three sects do not share my or the majority interpretation.

So did Nidal Hassan, yet.... mass murder in the name of ......not the same God recognized by the majority of Christians, Jews and Muslims.

I was commenting on the original posters who suggested a domestic source (ie White right wing, Tea Party, whatever) of this attack, suggesting international terrorism was not a factor.

There are several gun threads and I will not get into that here, other than to say, some Dem will use this as a political excuse to remove guns from AMCITZ.

Also, why not bring race into it, while you are at it? How many of those murders were within the same ethnic group? What was the cause? Oakland really why not Chicago or DC? You debate fails there.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

dlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
How,as an atheist, do you find the first four commandments has any relevance to your life?
Individually, as direct orders, they are not relevant to me. Taken as a collective code for living by, they form a useful summarisation of my personal ethos and a basis for law in many countries of the world.

Maybe you should ask the 90% of Europeans that consider themselves agnostic/atheist the same question ? Judaeo/Christianity (and hence Islam) still forms the basis of all common law in the West.

America is far, far, far more religious than any other comparable developed nation. Taken at face value, any highly religious country should have no issue at all with banning any form of weapon that could enable it's citizens to break the moral code it claims to be based on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.