Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

2 large explosions at Boston Marathon

2 large explosions at Boston Marathon

Old Apr 19th 2013, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Nokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to all
Default Re: 2 large explosions at Boston Marathon

I hope they catch him. Milk him for any information he has , by whatever means they feel necessary, and then send him on his way to the next world.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 7:42 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
There is probably going to be fallout from this in relation to immigration reform and current immigration processing. I would expect any reform bill to really struggle now to broaden the number of visas and there are likely to be extra background checks I don't know AP for all maybe (insert joke about senators voting in favor of background checks here).
Great, well there goes arriving in 2013
Old Apr 19th 2013, 7:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
I thought I heard the uncle say that his brother never lived in the US.
I thought the aunt...who is in Canada...said her brother came to the US as a refugee...but I could be wrong.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 19th 2013 at 8:58 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 7:47 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I thought the aunt...who is a doctor in Canada...said her brother came to the US as a refugee...but I could be wrong.
Just edited myself -- I had misunderstood the uncle's words earlier, you are correct.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nokoman
I hope they catch him. Milk him for any information he has , by whatever means they feel necessary, and then send him on his way to the next world.
This translates to me as, "Catch the FBI's person of interest and torture him to death whether he's guilty or innocent." Nothing new about that sort of feeling; that's why there are persons of interest still in Guantanamo getting tortured, but it's not quite what the US Constitution calls for - or indeed the world's human-rights Conventions.

Is it relevant to prove guilt, these days? Not for everybody, eh?
Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Nokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to all

Really? I wonder why this 'person of interest' , as you quaintly put it, hasn't come forward to clear his name? The sooner he does this the sooner the FBI can concentrate on catching the actual terrorists.

How strange is that?
Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:03 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is rather likely that the second suspect (assuming he is armed), knowing what faces him when caught, has probably done himself in already.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I think it is rather likely that the second suspect (assuming he is armed), knowing what faces him when caught, has probably done himself in already.
That's the way I suspect this will play out... he'll be found dead in a basement or shed sooner or later.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dlake02
So society needs to examine how it can turn two people that should have been naturally well disposed towards their hosts into people willing to kill their hosts.

It says as much about society's broken state as it does about that of the individuals themselves. As I said before, life is not as simple as Good vs Evil or Yes vs No.
Yah, I wonder why that occurred in the UK, Spain, France, etc.. There must be something wrong with all of those countries and not the terrorists.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
I agree....

Do you think that this will change for long term green card holders who keep renewing rather than becoming a citizen?
As long as you stay clean in between renewals probably not. Though expect fees to rise to pay for all the extra background checks.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I thought the aunt...who is a doctor in Canada...said her brother came to the US as a refugee...but I could be wrong.
I thought I heard the aunt in Canada say she was a lawyer.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
If you were him you would not have planted a bomb a few miles from were you live, you would have had an escape planed, money and vehicle, and not need to rob a 7-11. On the information available to me now, it does not look like they did much planing. Not in a good frame of mind by the looks of it.
Exactly. They had a plan up to and including the bombing - and not a very good one. They didn't appear to have much of a plan for afterwards. They were pretty stupid if they thought that there wouldn't be photographic and video evidence that would nail them - they were operating in probably the most photographed and videoed section of the US at that moment.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
I thought I heard the aunt in Canada say she was a lawyer.
She definitely said she was a lawyer and talked like a lawyer. She only saw photos of them and there isn't any proof (other than he was wearing an IUD when he was killed).
Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

One thing that has always had me confused. They say that the technology is there that can photograph of one taking a tinkle in your back garden from a satellite orbiting the earth?

So why is is when they post a photo of some guy robbing a bank the image quality is so poor?
The quality of the images of these two guys was better than some pics you see. But in this day and age why are they so grainy and generally poor.

Everything is usually down to cost, but I get better quality video out of my $80 Kodak
Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
She definitely said she was a lawyer and talked like a lawyer. She only saw photos of them and there isn't any proof (other than he was wearing an IUD when he was killed).
Lawyer not doctor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.