Reload this Page >

2 large explosions at Boston Marathon

2 large explosions at Boston Marathon

Old Apr 17th 2013, 7:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2 large explosions at Boston Marathon

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
Of all the idiotic theories I've heard today, this one wins first prize.
I was not saying it was an IRA operation, just that it followed their operational style.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 8:12 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently they are now looking for someone on the grassy knoll.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I was not saying it was an IRA operation, just that it followed their operational style.
I would even disagree with that statement even from the beginning for many reasons which I won't go into here.

Now obviously you didn't have all the info that has since come to light, but it actually more closely follows the operational style of other terror groups particularly those in Afghanistan. In fact, how to make pressure cooker bombs was taught in terror training camps in Afghanistan. Taliban bombers have used pressure cooker bombs for years. They have also frequently been used in Nepal, India and Pakistan.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 11:04 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
I would even disagree with that statement even from the beginning for many reasons which I won't go into here.

Now obviously you didn't have all the info that has since come to light, but it actually more closely follows the operational style of other terror groups particularly those in Afghanistan. In fact, how to make pressure cooker bombs was taught in terror training camps in Afghanistan. Taliban bombers have used pressure cooker bombs for years. They have also frequently been used in Nepal, India and Pakistan.
I think you and LothianLad should start some sort of club.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
I think you and LothianLad should start some sort of club.
With SATX John as chairperson?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 12:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranston
Photos of suspects here

http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA
Not so much, I suspect. Interesting article here about how certain websites are filled with photos that individuals think could be suspects, with most if not all likely totally innocent. The link you posted is even pointed out as one such site in the article. Best for people not to label individuals suspects in something so heinous with no proof. http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...bably-not.html

Last edited by dakota44; Apr 18th 2013 at 12:07 am.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 12:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

The cable news programs seem to be beaming in on the bag by the trash can as the cause of the blast but according to an ex homeland security expert on one of the news programs, that wouldn't be the likely cause since the major injuries and powder marks on the sidewalk were further back in the crowd.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 12:22 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
The cable news programs seem to be beaming in on the bag by the trash can as the cause of the blast but according to an ex homeland security expert on one of the news programs, that wouldn't be the likely cause since the major injuries and powder marks on the sidewalk were further back in the crowd.
That had me confused Michael, I have seen lots of video of the first blast and it seemed back from the barrier, (but what do I know) I have seen little of the second, I was assuming that the bag must be from the second blast but I have not seen anywhere which blast the bag photo claims to be from.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 12:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
That had me confused Michael, I have seen lots of video of the first blast and it seemed back from the barrier, (but what do I know) I have seen little of the second, I was assuming that the bag must be from the second blast but I have not seen anywhere which blast the bag photo claims to be from.
I assumed the bag in question must have caused the second blast. As you said the first seemed to be much further back.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I assumed the bag in question must have caused the second blast. As you said the first seemed to be much further back.
Again someone on CNN said that the bag next to the trash bin (or mailbox) had nothing to do with the second explosion.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 2:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

They, the FBI, have now posted photos of two suspects. Hopefully someone recognizes them and provides some information.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dakota44
They, the FBI, have now posted photos of two suspects. Hopefully someone recognizes them and provides some information.
The New York Post is almost as good as the Daily Mail. It looks like they got the picture from a reliable source (an internet blog).
Attached Thumbnails 2 large explosions at Boston Marathon-o-new-york-post-570.jpg  

Last edited by Michael; Apr 19th 2013 at 8:44 am.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of

MIT Police officer dead and another transit officer seriously injured in Cambridge and Watertown areas. Suspect number 1 dead, suspect number 2 at large. Explosions and gunfire heard. Hopefully they can catch the bastard without any further injuries.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

According to people listening to police scanners, the names of the suspects are known.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...unil-tripathi/
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:37 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

News just said that the two are from Turkey - been in the US for about a year.

Edit: from Chechnya, not Turkey, and are brothers. But you're all watching the news anyway...

Last edited by tonrob; Apr 19th 2013 at 10:50 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.