Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

2 copies only of advanced parole?...should I travel?

2 copies only of advanced parole?...should I travel?

Old Jun 10th 2002, 12:48 am
fat
Forum Regular

fat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2 copies only of advanced parole?...should I travel?

I'm shortly gonna be using my AP to leave the country,however I only have 2 copies,1 with a stamped photo but not the original and a blank one with no photo to give to the airline...

Should I leave the country with these docs and hand what I've got in on my re-entry?...

Or is it too risky...

(newark INS only issued me with the 2 shhets not 3 as i've read elsewhere.)
Old Jun 10th 2002, 1:31 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 copies only of advanced parole?...should I travel?

Not everyone gets three. NYC only gives two sheets and only one has the photograph. At the POE, the examiner will enter the information on the computer and will retain the one without the photograph and place one or more I-94's on the remaining one and perhaps another I-94 in your passport.

You can travel with only two.

R
Old Jun 10th 2002, 1:20 pm
Tim

My wife is currently on her 2nd set of AP documents and has used them many times. She
has never had any of the copies taken by an INS examiner at the POE, they just type
stuff in their computer and stamp her AP documents. I have always made sure she had
at least two photocopies of the AP's photo page, so she could give them to the
airlines or INS, but she's never had to do that either.

Her POEs were always on the west coast (LAX and SFO), so that might make a
difference, but if I were you I would just make some photocopies to take with you and
not worry about it.

Regards, Tim

fat <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm shortly gonna be using my AP to leave the country,however I only have 2
    > copies,1 with a stamped photo but not the original and a blank one with no photo to
    > give to the airline...
    >
    > Should I leave the country with these docs and hand what I've got in on my
    > re-entry?...
    >
    > Or is it too risky...
    >
    >
    > (newark INS only issued me with the 2 shhets not 3 as i've read elsewhere.)

Old Jun 10th 2002, 2:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh the lovely inconsistencies of the INS and the POE examiners. And crossing the border from Canada to the US, both times the second copy was taken by the examiners as well as them making us stand there while they typed in the information.

We always made copies but never for any reason but safety and security in case the document were lost and for our files.

R
Old Jun 11th 2002, 6:20 pm
Rich And Lisa

I believe further copies are available from the INS "fat" <[email protected]>
wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'm shortly gonna be using my AP to leave the country,however I only have 2
    > copies,1 with a stamped photo but not the original and a blank one with no photo to
    > give to the airline...
    >
    > Should I leave the country with these docs and hand what I've got in on my
    > re-entry?...
    >
    > Or is it too risky...
    >
    >
    > (newark INS only issued me with the 2 shhets not 3 as i've read elsewhere.)
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 11th 2002, 8:08 pm
Concierge

Further copies are not available from the INS. Further A/P's are available for a fee when you have filed for a renewal. As long your A/P has two sheets you are fine. Copies are not used for traveling but for filing and personal usage.

R
Old Jun 12th 2002, 12:20 am
Laybe

I just came back from INS to verify this issue. I thought one copy is missing from my
AP too. According to the person who's in charge of issuing AP, a cover letter which
says "Enclosed you will find the original..." is the original, and 2 copies are the
one with picture and the one without a picture.

I had to go through 5 INS agents (5 INS agents on the phone, and 2 inside INS)and 2
hours in line to get to the right person. Funny thing is that all the INS agents I
talked to thought that I'm missing a copy too until I got to her (the AP person). She
told me that I worried about nothing.

So, nothing to worry. BTW, for people who helped me with this issue in the past,
thank you! I should have listened and trusted you all and not those INS agents.

Old Jun 12th 2002, 6:26 am
Gigliola Lubian

I don't know if every port of entry is the same. I came in through Miami last week
and they only copied the AP and returned all the originals to me.

~Gili

Old Jun 12th 2002, 3:20 pm
Michele Sharik

<sarcasm> That's what I love about our government - it's so *consistent*! </sarcasm>

-Michèle

"Gigliola Lubiano" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I don't know if every port of entry is the same. I came in through Miami last week
    > and they only copied the AP and returned all the originals to me.
    >
    > ~Gili