2 BritishExpats views of America

Wikiposts

2 BritishExpats views of America

Old May 14th 2004, 12:37 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2 BritishExpats views of America

Originally posted by Pulaski
What on earth is scary about being a Christian? You may be assuming that being a church member implies some other "defect" (though I can't imagine what), but living in a Christian society shouldn't be keeping you awake at night.
agreed!
Old May 14th 2004, 12:54 am
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough

What on earth is scary about being a Christian? You may be assuming that being a church member implies some other "defect" (though I can't imagine what), but living in a Christian society shouldn't be keeping you awake at night.
the only people I know who are scared of Christians are witches/wizzards and demons. i will not go into the reasons why the are scared.
Old May 14th 2004, 12:56 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

demons indeed
Old May 14th 2004, 1:37 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
demons indeed

Well take a look at this link - I had been wondering where those pop-ups were coming from......

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2000/03...possessed_pcs/

Also, I wonder about the threat from pagan Druids - of course the Archbishop of Canterbury is one. A demonic plot to take over the C of E?
Old May 14th 2004, 1:53 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Gross50
the only people I know who are scared of Christians are witches/wizzards and demons. i will not go into the reasons why the are scared.

Harry Potter's going to hell then?
Old May 14th 2004, 4:08 am
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dbj1000
Ah, so it was you who I saw frantically mowing the lawn in the thunder and rain as I drove up Preson this evening on my way home

Got the front/back lawn done and the weeds wacked just as it started to sprinkle......close call

and todays Texas climate is.......well put it this way, this morning I have a fleece jacket on
Old May 14th 2004, 5:19 am
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
Harry Potter's going to hell then?
unless you are referring to one of you neighbours/friends/relative

he's a fiction character. your tripping mate.
Old May 14th 2004, 5:34 am

Doesn't this belong under the legalise marijuana thread?
Old May 14th 2004, 5:36 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

could be applied to half the bollocks in the bible then
Old May 14th 2004, 5:43 am

Originally posted by manc1976
could be applied to half the bollocks in the bible then
What, do you mean to imply that Abraham didn't father Isaac at the sprightly age of 937 or whatever it was?

And if wizards are demons, should children be exposed to such authors as J.K. Rowling who are obviously doing the devil's work?
Old May 14th 2004, 5:45 am
@matthewb76

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
J.K. Rowling who are obviously doing the devil's work?
Straight to the firey pit below she is.
Old May 14th 2004, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

You are right, it does not keep me awake at night. I have nothing against Christians or anyone else for that matter who regularly go to church. What I do find disturbing are the hypocritical religious zealouts in this country. For instance the originator of the post I was answering.
Old May 14th 2004, 6:43 am
Banned

Originally posted by effi

What I do find disturbing are the hypocritical religious zealouts in this country.

is that to say you are mentally disturbed?
Old May 14th 2004, 7:36 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

One would assume that if an entity is a witch, wizard or demon, they are NOT people...

Why do you seem to know so many of these types anyway? Part of the crowd at whatever fanatical church you belong to (I have no doubt at your church there are plenty of demons!)?
Old May 14th 2004, 7:41 am

Originally posted by ironporer

Why do you seem to know so many of these types anyway? Part of the crowd at whatever fanatical church you belong to (I have no doubt at your church there are plenty of demons!)?
Yeah, but they all get cast out at the services and have to be picked up outside the back door at taxpayer expense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.