1st post

Old Mar 12th 2005, 4:48 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1st post

Originally Posted by Scarlett in Texas
Eh! That were nowt. When ah were a lass we could lick the beer from the drains, eat all we wanted outta the skip, ride home to ower brown paper bag on t'hill and' still have change of a shillin'

[cue Hovis music]

Regards
-=-
SCarlett
You mean the New World Symphony, surely
Old Mar 13th 2005, 4:55 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silvermine
remember RAF marham? - they used to buzz everything in sight at treetop level..
That was my ex-fiance's first posting. He grew up in Norwich hence my adoption of the Norwich Canaries.

And oi Stockport is NOT in Lancashire as Plymouth is in Devon -- it is in Cheshire and the locals were Not Happy with the "Greater Manchester" 1974 administrative county change. I'd say you'd make a *great* Canary, silvermine Everton are nowhere now that Mr Rooney has left.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 5:11 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

just want to say hi all-- guess i'm amongst the expats now. pleased to get 1st british passport earlier this year. now a dual canadian/british citizen with u.s. green card.
Is your green card under NAFTA**? and the passport under the "return" policy of citizenship to grandchildren of British citizens, who are citizens of Commonwealth countries?

If my g-g-grandparents had been able to see what America was going to evolve into, they might have stayed in the UK, or in Canada (where they landed before coming to the US).

Anyways.... if it were transferrable I'd be ever so grateful if you'd give it to me

**NAFTA allows a work visa but not permanent residency. However, it is easier to establish oneself under that programme in either country (US<->Canada) to get PR/landed immigrant status.

Last edited by snowbunny; Mar 13th 2005 at 5:15 am.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Is your green card under NAFTA**? and the passport under the "return" policy of citizenship to grandchildren of British citizens, who are citizens of Commonwealth countries?

If my g-g-grandparents had been able to see what America was going to evolve into, they might have stayed in the UK, or in Canada (where they landed before coming to the US).

Anyways.... if it were transferrable I'd be ever so grateful if you'd give it to me

**NAFTA allows a work visa but not permanent residency. However, it is easier to establish oneself under that programme in either country (US<->Canada) to get PR/landed immigrant status.

sorry, i absolutely 100% do not know what u are talking about!

u will have to explain that again, slowly...
Old Mar 13th 2005, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute

OI!!!!

Less of the Yorkshite

I grew up in Last of the Summer Wine Country. Be nice about my old stomping ground, please!

Regards
-=-
Scarlett
good to see another yorkshire tyke, sent you karma we yorkies have to stick together
Old Mar 13th 2005, 10:45 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sentosa
good to see another yorkshire tyke, sent you karma we yorkies have to stick together
There's more of us around than you'd think...
Old Mar 13th 2005, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
There's more of us around than you'd think...
all of my family are from Yorkshire..
Old Mar 14th 2005, 3:02 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

all of my family are from Yorkshire..
All this Yorkshire banter reminds me of that Harry Enfield sketch
"Straight talkin' Yorkshireman me, say what I like and *****in' well like what I say, don't talk to me about sophistication........I've been to Leeds"!!!!
Old Mar 14th 2005, 3:06 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by snowbunny
..... Everton are nowhere now that Mr Rooney has left.

Actually I beg to differ....Everton are currently 4th in the premiership and 8 points in front of 5th place Liverpool.. Still a bit early but Id say a European place is on the cards for next season...COME ON YOU TOFFEEEEEEEES! Everton, Everton, Everton...God Bless the Blues!

Old Mar 14th 2005, 3:17 am
Resurrected member

Scarlett in Texas has a spectacular aura aboutScarlett in Texas has a spectacular aura aboutScarlett in Texas has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rushman
All this Yorkshire banter reminds me of that Harry Enfield sketch
"Straight talkin' Yorkshireman me, say what I like and *****in' well like what I say, don't talk to me about sophistication........I've been to Leeds"!!!!
Ah've bin t' leeds. Nice market, shame about the footie team

Old Mar 14th 2005, 5:35 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by ImHere
Actually I beg to differ....Everton are currently 4th in the premiership and 8 points in front of 5th place Liverpool.. Still a bit early but Id say a European place is on the cards for next season...COME ON YOU TOFFEEEEEEEES! Everton, Everton, Everton...God Bless the Blues!
But 8 points is nothing compared to the difference between Everton and any of the top three teams. It's been a bit tiresome to watch the same three teams win so many matches this season. Yes, Everton is currently ahead of L'pool but I have to support LFC cos Ian McCulloch is a huge supporter
Old Mar 14th 2005, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute

Ah've bin t' leeds. Nice market, shame about the footie team

used to live near Leeds an old family freind used to say if things were going bad " thar cud bi deared and livin' in Leeds' which is true
Old Mar 14th 2005, 11:37 am
ImHere

OI!!!!

Less of the Yorkshite

I grew up in Last of the Summer Wine Country. Be nice about my old stomping ground, please!

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Oh sorry bout that. That was an unfortunate typo (as some will tell you I make loads of typos mainly coz I post on here after a few beers late at night)...I actually like Yorkshire a lot.

Old Mar 14th 2005, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: please help the newbie

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Best advice at US immigration is always be truthful but never provide any information unless they ask for it.

I'd transfer the UK one to the bottom of my bag about half way across the Atlantic.
point 1 - agree fully!
point 2 - why..? you need to show a passport when you arrive in the usa along with your green card. does it matter what sort of passport ?
Old Mar 14th 2005, 10:54 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: please help the newbie

point 1 - agree fully!
point 2 - why..? you need to show a passport when you arrive in the usa along with your green card. does it matter what sort of passport ?

Why confuse the issue? You're providing them with ammunition to use against you. These uniformed drones are programmed to look for out-of-the-ordinary red flags. If you like sitting in secondary inspection as your luggage goes round the carousel on it lonesome own,so be it! I'd rather be having a fag outside!

Use the passport you applied for your GC with. If they don't ask, don't tell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.