Wikiposts

1st post

Old Mar 9th 2005, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 1st post

k see you all tomorrow..
Old Mar 9th 2005, 1:14 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by silvermine
shoot i knew that would happen if i said that... actually i lived north of there in a small village near king's lynn.. bit out of the way ya know. went to norfolk for an 'outing' .
spent many a good night with 'norfolk mild' in the glass... which my local boozer served for about 30p / pint back then..

Everton.. sorry don't know a team called that...

now Charlton.. there's a team that's on the rise in the premiership...

Well me old china, I was born in West Lynn and lived in Fakenham till I was 8.

Charlton? Who? They mustve started since I left the UK...

Old Mar 9th 2005, 1:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony126
If you bought beer for 30p a pint you have to be retired or close to it. Am I right or wrong?
bolton student union ain't much more pricey...apparantly...
Old Mar 9th 2005, 1:26 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

local boozer served for about 30p / pint back then..

30p!?!?!!? thats going it some! I can remember when our local went up from 49p to 50p (October 1982) . We thought it was the end of the world.....fortunately the landlord, canny fella that he was, announced it the day before it came into effect - reckon he had the best night's takings of his career that night!! I've often wondered if the hangover was worth the 8 or 9p we saved....
Old Mar 9th 2005, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
bolton student union ain't much more pricey...apparantly...
I know student unions get drinks cheaper but I did not appreciate it was that cheap. I would have bet that a pint cost more than 30p back in the 70's. Sign of age I suppose.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 1:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony126
I know student unions get drinks cheaper but I did not appreciate it was that cheap. I would have bet that a pint cost more than 30p back in the 70's. Sign of age I suppose.
only bolton, there pints are 50p or there abouts, but then it's sponsored by one of the breweries....
my union, the pints were between £2.20-£3.50....
Old Mar 9th 2005, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
30p!?!?!!? thats going it some! I can remember when our local went up from 49p to 50p (October 1982) . We thought it was the end of the world.....fortunately the landlord, canny fella that he was, announced it the day before it came into effect - reckon he had the best night's takings of his career that night!! I've often wondered if the hangover was worth the 8 or 9p we saved....
yeah they were pretty cheap in a small village pub in 1978..
but that was only for the local brew 'norfolk mild' the others were more ..even then. luckily i could walk home
you could eat a very good sit down curry lunch then for 2quid
Old Mar 9th 2005, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ImHere
Well me old china, I was born in West Lynn and lived in Fakenham till I was 8.

Charlton? Who? They mustve started since I left the UK...

fakenham, i think i went there !

used to live in shouldham.. you prolly don't know of it ..it's tiny.
i went to downham market fairly often and was a regular at castle rising on bike outings.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 2:02 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

fakenham, i think i went there !

used to live in shouldham.. you prolly don't know of it ..it's tiny.
i went to downham market fairly often and was a regular at castle rising on bike outings.
No frickin way!!!!!! I lived in Shouldham Thorpe before I moved here!!! Oh my gosh, that place is so small that I didn't even think other people had even heard of it!!!!! I'm sitting here in shock right now!!! Small world ain't it?!!! Welcome to the site!!!
Old Mar 9th 2005, 2:06 pm
ImHere

ooooaaaahhh me fellow Norfolk Dumplins!

Old Mar 9th 2005, 2:07 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

yeah they were pretty cheap in a small village pub in 1978..
but that was only for the local brew 'norfolk mild' the others were more ..even then. luckily i could walk home
you could eat a very good sit down curry lunch then for 2quid
Pricey! I was at Bradford Uni 82-85. Onion Bhaji, Onion Salad, Chicken Dopiaza Vindaloo, 3 chupattis. A quid! Used to live on that lunch dinner and afte pub snack for 3weeks during the exams. Funny how noone wanted to share a ride home at the end of term.....
Old Mar 9th 2005, 2:08 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Pricey! I was at Bradford Uni 82-85. Onion Bhaji, Onion Salad, Chicken Dopiaza Vindaloo, 3 chupattis. A quid! Used to live on that lunch dinner and afte pub snack for 3weeks during the exams. Funny how noone wanted to share a ride home at the end of term.....

LOL nice! Aaah those old student days....

Old Mar 9th 2005, 2:09 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

That's right my man!!
Old Mar 9th 2005, 2:10 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Oi. On the other thread you're from Yorkshire. Going to have you up on the Trades Descriptions Act.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by robskatie
No frickin way!!!!!! I lived in Shouldham Thorpe before I moved here!!! Oh my gosh, that place is so small that I didn't even think other people had even heard of it!!!!! I'm sitting here in shock right now!!! Small world ain't it?!!! Welcome to the site!!!
that it is...

shouldham had 90 people in it when i was there
remember RAF marham? - they used to buzz everything in sight at treetop level..

guess i'm officially welcomed.. thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.