1st post

Old Mar 9th 2005, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough
Default 1st post

just want to say hi all-- guess i'm amongst the expats now. pleased to get 1st british passport earlier this year. now a dual canadian/british citizen with u.s. green card.

so now that i have my british citizenship what can i do with it!??

Old Mar 10th 2005, 12:02 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1st post

Originally Posted by silvermine
just want to say hi all-- guess i'm amongst the expats now. pleased to get 1st british passport earlier this year. now a dual canadian/british citizen with u.s. green card.

tell foreigners that the Queen said you can do what the **** you like when abroad - its inside the front page (or words to that effect)
Old Mar 10th 2005, 12:12 am
ImHere

Hello.

Not sure how you can be expatriated when you didnt live there in the first place but congrats on the brit passport.

On the second page of your new passport it will say that it obligatory to support Everton...the best football team in the Premiership.

Old Mar 10th 2005, 12:16 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

so I'd read that new GB passports were going to have biometric data in them but I hadn't read about all these other changes....
Old Mar 10th 2005, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Eskimo
tell foreigners that the Queen said you can do what the **** you like when abroad - its inside the front page (or words to that effect)
heh it says to ''allow the bearer to pass freely without let or hindrance, and to afford the bearer such assistance and protection that may be necessary"

which maybe i will need...
Old Mar 10th 2005, 12:23 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
so I'd read that new GB passports were going to have biometric data in them but I hadn't read about all these other changes....
not for ages yet though...
Old Mar 10th 2005, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ImHere
Hello.

Not sure how you can be expatriated when you didnt live there in the first place but congrats on the brit passport.

On the second page of your new passport it will say that it obligatory to support Everton...the best football team in the Premiership.
actually did live there.. in the late 70's that is the 1970's !!
in norfolk to be precise. not proud of it -- no offense.

anyhow, scouring the 2nd page of the passport it says nothing about a team called Everton.. are they any good?
Old Mar 10th 2005, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by elfman
no biometrics in mine..
lot of holograms though.. nicely done.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 12:41 am
ImHere

actually did live there.. in the late 70's that is the 1970's !!
in norfolk to be precise. not proud of it -- no offense.

anyhow, scouring the 2nd page of the passport it says nothing about a team called Everton.. are they any good?

Oi not proud of it??? I was BORN in Norfolk!!

Yes Everton are the finest team in the land...it is a requirement of Citizenship you support them

Old Mar 10th 2005, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

heh it says to ''allow the bearer to pass freely without let or hindrance, and to afford the bearer such assistance and protection that may be necessary"

which maybe i will need...
I do not think the USCIS take any notice of that. I was thinking of lodging a complaint myself to HM. When you were issued with your passport you should have had an application form to join Either Stockport County or Plymouth Argyles Supporters Club then it is not valid and you will not be allowed to enter the Counties of Lancs or Devon.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 12:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Did you have to do the English test to get your citizenship?

And no, Everton aren't any good

Last edited by anotherlimey; Mar 10th 2005 at 12:56 am.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ImHere
Oi not proud of it??? I was BORN in Norfolk!!

Yes Everton are the finest team in the land...it is a requirement of Citizenship you support them
shoot i knew that would happen if i said that... actually i lived north of there in a small village near king's lynn.. bit out of the way ya know. went to norfolk for an 'outing' .
spent many a good night with 'norfolk mild' in the glass... which my local boozer served for about 30p / pint back then..

Everton.. sorry don't know a team called that...

now Charlton.. there's a team that's on the rise in the premiership...
Old Mar 10th 2005, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Did you have to do the English test to get your citizenship?

And no, Everton aren't any good
fortunately , no.
you see i've been corrupted here in the colonies for the past 37 years..

why is everyone mentioning this Everton.. ? who are they ?
Old Mar 10th 2005, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

spent many a good night with 'norfolk mild' in the glass... which my local boozer served for about 30p / pint back then..
If you bought beer for 30p a pint you have to be retired or close to it. Am I right or wrong?
Old Mar 10th 2005, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tony126
If you bought beer for 30p a pint you have to be retired or close to it. Am I right or wrong?
no not retired.. wish i was ..
of a certain age .. yes.

last nov. when in london i think i paid gbp 2.75 for pint. a big difference from the good old days..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.