British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   OF-169 filed @ London - what next (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/169-filed-%40-london-what-next-108376/)

bwelburn May 17th 2002 9:37 pm

OF-169 filed @ London - what next

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what I should expect back from the London US Embassy (Spouse Visa, wife is US Citizen in England) now that they have my OF-169?

Am I right in thinking that they should be sending me an interview date?

How long after receiving the OF-169 is it taking to get an interview?

Thanks

Ameriscot May 17th 2002 10:16 pm

Re: OF-169 filed @ London - what next

If the I-130 petition has been approved, and the visa branch has allocated you a case number, then the interview is most likely to take place in 3 or 4 weeks' time.

They like to give you 2 weeks' notice of the interview, and it takes them a week or two to process the OF-169. Saying that, it is highly dependent on the travel date you put on the OF-169 - if this is a long way into the future, no one will be rushing to set you an early interview date.

If your petition has not yet been approved, and you haven't yet received your case number, then this will delay the interview date. Still, you can expect it 3 or 4 weeks after all three bits - petition approval, case number, and OF-169 - are in order.

Jim Lockwood May 19th 2002 2:20 pm

Here's a question... if the form asks to know when you want to travel, how are
you supposed to know if it all depends on when you get the visa? Isn't that a
Catch 22 thing?

Jim

Ameriscot <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > If the I-130 petition has been approved, and the visa branch has allocated you a
    > case number, then the interview is most likely to take place in 3 or 4 weeks' time.
    >
    > They like to give you 2 weeks' notice of the interview, and it takes them a week or
    > two to process the OF-169. Saying that, it is highly dependent on the travel date
    > you put on the OF-169 - if this is a long way into the future, no one will be
    > rushing to set you an early interview date.
    >
    > If your petition has not yet been approved, and you haven't yet received your
    > case number, then this will delay the interview date. Still, you can expect it 3
    > or 4 weeks after all three bits - petition approval, case number, and OF-169 -
    > are in order.

Rogerpenycate May 19th 2002 7:20 pm

Hi Jim, I've just replied to one of your earlier postings, so you know that I am not
an "expert".From the looks of what you have said, I may well meet you at the US
Embassy on the same date !!! If the INS have approved your petition and asked you to
send in the OF-169, you are a long way down the road. You can not send in the 169
until you have all of the documents that you need, well I suppose technically you
can, but could be dangerous !! I have everything I need except a police certificate
from Australia. I am hanging on sending in the 169 until I have that in my hands. I'd
hate to get my interview date and still be chasing the Aussie thingy. From my
research (and I have driven every source mad !!) it should be about a month from
sending in the 169 until your interview date. Hope this helps. Roger

bwelburn <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone tell me what I should expect back from the London US Embassy (Spouse
    > Visa, wife is US Citizen in England) now that they have my OF-169?
    >
    > Am I right in thinking that they should be sending me an interview date?
    >
    > How long after receiving the OF-169 is it taking to get an interview?
    >
    > Thanks

Rogerpenycate May 19th 2002 7:20 pm

Me again, I think a lot of people have preferences (you sound as anxious as me !!)
Technically it seems (and if you have the bottle and confidence that you will pass
the interview and medical) you could catch a cab straight to Heathrow !! However some
people (like myself) have a house to sell which could delay the flight ! The INS do
advise not to give up your job, sell your property etc. which I suppose is sensible,
however........ if you're like me, and can't wait for a hug from the missus, then
push the boat out. I'm still deciding whether to put my house on the market now.
Sometimes in this stressful times, the Heart can rule the Head Roger

[email protected] (Jim Lockwood) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Here's a question... if the form asks to know when you want to travel, how are
    > you supposed to know if it all depends on when you get the visa? Isn't that a
    > Catch 22 thing?
    >
    > Jim
    >
    > Ameriscot <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > If the I-130 petition has been approved, and the visa branch has allocated you
    > > a case number, then the interview is most likely to take place in 3 or 4
    > > weeks' time.
    > >
    > > They like to give you 2 weeks' notice of the interview, and it takes them a week
    > > or two to process the OF-169. Saying that, it is highly dependent on the travel
    > > date you put on the OF-169 - if this is a long way into the future, no one will
    > > be rushing to set you an early interview date.
    > >
    > > If your petition has not yet been approved, and you haven't yet received your
    > > case number, then this will delay the interview date. Still, you can expect it 3
    > > or 4 weeks after all three bits - petition approval, case number, and OF-169 -
    > > are in order.

Jim Lockwood Jun 9th 2002 11:20 am

Sorry, you got the wrong impression there... I was asking the question about intended
travel date (on OF-169), but I haven't got that far yet. Actually, we submitted the
I-130 just last week. I always want to be several steps ahead of the process though,
which is why I'm trying to keep on top of what's coming next. We're currently filling
in my wife's AOS, and asking her brother-in-law to fill in his (as joint sponsor).

I'll be doing my OF-230 shortly, in advance of receiving package-3 from the INS.

Also still waiting for my police certificate (up to 3 more weeks). I'm looking at
emigrating around December. Can't go sooner than that because of a condition of my
relocation expenses from work. If I resign before the 2 years are up, I have to pay
back some of the relocation expenses I used when I started the job.

Sounds like you're nearly there though, so good luck with that!

Jim

[email protected] (ROGERPENYCATE) wrote in message
    > Hi Jim, I've just replied to one of your earlier postings, so you know that I am
    > not an "expert".From the looks of what you have said, I may well meet you at the US
    > Embassy on the same date !!! If the INS have approved your petition and asked you
    > to send in the OF-169, you are a long way down the road. You can not send in the
    > 169 until you have all of the documents that you need, well I suppose technically
    > you can, but could be dangerous !! I have everything I need except a police
    > certificate from Australia. I am hanging on sending in the 169 until I have that in
    > my hands. I'd hate to get my interview date and still be chasing the Aussie thingy.
    > From my research (and I have driven every source mad !!) it should be about a month
    > from sending in the 169 until your interview date. Hope this helps. Roger
    >
    >
    > bwelburn <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Can anyone tell me what I should expect back from the London US Embassy (Spouse
    > > Visa, wife is US Citizen in England) now that they have my OF-169?
    > >
    > > Am I right in thinking that they should be sending me an interview date?
    > >
    > > How long after receiving the OF-169 is it taking to get an interview?
    > >
    > > Thanks

Rogerpenycate Jun 9th 2002 10:20 pm

Jim, Sorry I thought you meant that you had just sent in your OF169. From what I've
read on here, the timeline from sending in the I-130 until the interview is about 3
months. Mine is certainly heading in that direction,I delayed sending in the 169
until I had a couple of things, so I reckon mine will be about 14 weeks from start to
finish.(hopefully) Good luck Roger

[email protected] (Jim Lockwood) wrote in message
    > Sorry, you got the wrong impression there... I was asking the question about
    > intended travel date (on OF-169), but I haven't got that far yet. Actually, we
    > submitted the I-130 just last week. I always want to be several steps ahead of the
    > process though, which is why I'm trying to keep on top of what's coming next. We're
    > currently filling in my wife's AOS, and asking her brother-in-law to fill in his
    > (as joint sponsor).
    >
    > I'll be doing my OF-230 shortly, in advance of receiving package-3 from the INS.
    >
    > Also still waiting for my police certificate (up to 3 more weeks). I'm looking at
    > emigrating around December. Can't go sooner than that because of a condition of my
    > relocation expenses from work. If I resign before the 2 years are up, I have to pay
    > back some of the relocation expenses I used when I started the job.
    >
    > Sounds like you're nearly there though, so good luck with that!
    >
    > Jim
    >
    > [email protected] (ROGERPENYCATE) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > > Hi Jim, I've just replied to one of your earlier postings, so you know that I am
    > > not an "expert".From the looks of what you have said, I may well meet you at the
    > > US Embassy on the same date !!! If the INS have approved your petition and asked
    > > you to send in the OF-169, you are a long way down the road. You can not send in
    > > the 169 until you have all of the documents that you need, well I suppose
    > > technically you can, but could be dangerous !! I have everything I need except a
    > > police certificate from Australia. I am hanging on sending in the 169 until I
    > > have that in my hands. I'd hate to get my interview date and still be chasing the
    > > Aussie thingy. From my research (and I have driven every source mad !!) it should
    > > be about a month from sending in the 169 until your interview date. Hope this
    > > helps. Roger
    > >
    > >
    > > bwelburn <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > Can anyone tell me what I should expect back from the London US Embassy (Spouse
    > > > Visa, wife is US Citizen in England) now that they have my OF-169?
    > > >
    > > > Am I right in thinking that they should be sending me an interview date?
    > > >
    > > > How long after receiving the OF-169 is it taking to get an interview?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks

S.M. Jun 10th 2002 2:20 pm

Roger Any more correspondence from the embassy yet?
S.M.

"ROGERPENYCATE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Jim, Sorry I thought you meant that you had just sent in your OF169. From what I've
    > read on here, the timeline from sending in the I-130 until the interview is about 3
    > months. Mine is certainly heading in that direction,I delayed sending in the 169
    > until I had a couple of things, so I reckon mine will be about 14 weeks from start
    > to finish.(hopefully) Good luck Roger
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > [email protected] (Jim Lockwood) wrote in message
    > > Sorry, you got the wrong impression there... I was asking the question about
    > > intended travel date (on OF-169), but I haven't got that far yet. Actually, we
    > > submitted the I-130 just last week. I always want to be several steps ahead of
    > > the process though, which is why I'm trying to keep on top of what's coming next.
    > > We're currently filling in my wife's AOS, and asking her brother-in-law to fill
    > > in his (as joint sponsor).
    > >
    > > I'll be doing my OF-230 shortly, in advance of receiving package-3 from the INS.
    > >
    > > Also still waiting for my police certificate (up to 3 more weeks). I'm looking at
    > > emigrating around December. Can't go sooner than that because of a condition of
    > > my relocation expenses from work. If I resign before the 2 years are up, I have
    > > to pay back some of the relocation expenses I used when I started the job.
    > >
    > > Sounds like you're nearly there though, so good luck with that!
    > >
    > > Jim
    > >
    > > [email protected] (ROGERPENYCATE) wrote in message
    > > > Hi Jim, I've just replied to one of your earlier postings, so you know that I
    > > > am not an "expert".From the looks of what you have said, I may well meet you at
    > > > the US Embassy on the same date !!! If the INS have approved your petition and
    > > > asked you to send in the OF-169, you are a long way down the road. You can not
    > > > send in the 169 until you have all of the documents that
you
    > > > need, well I suppose technically you can, but could be dangerous !! I have
    > > > everything I need except a police certificate from Australia. I am hanging on
    > > > sending in the 169 until I have that in my hands. I'd hate to get my interview
    > > > date and still be chasing the Aussie
thingy.
    > > > From my research (and I have driven every source mad !!) it should be about a
    > > > month from sending in the 169 until your interview date. Hope this helps. Roger
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > bwelburn <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > > Hi,
    > > > >
    > > > > Can anyone tell me what I should expect back from the London US Embassy
    > > > > (Spouse Visa, wife is US Citizen in England) now that they have my OF-169?
    > > > >
    > > > > Am I right in thinking that they should be sending me an interview
date?
    > > > >
    > > > > How long after receiving the OF-169 is it taking to get an
interview?
    > > > >
    > > > > Thanks

Rogerpenycate Jun 10th 2002 7:21 pm

SM Not yet, I only sent in the OF-169's last Thursday, so I'm hoping to get an
interview date sometime in the next week or so. I put departure date 15th July Roger.

"S.M." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Roger Any more correspondence from the embassy yet?
    > S.M.
    >
    > "ROGERPENYCATE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Jim, Sorry I thought you meant that you had just sent in your OF169. From what
    > > I've read on here, the timeline from sending in the I-130 until the interview is
    > > about 3 months. Mine is certainly heading in that direction,I delayed sending in
    > > the 169 until I had a couple of things, so I reckon mine will be about 14 weeks
    > > from start to finish.(hopefully) Good luck Roger
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > [email protected] (Jim Lockwood) wrote in message
    > > > Sorry, you got the wrong impression there... I was asking the question about
    > > > intended travel date (on OF-169), but I haven't got that far yet. Actually, we
    > > > submitted the I-130 just last week. I always want to be several steps ahead of
    > > > the process though, which is why I'm trying to keep on top of what's coming
    > > > next. We're currently filling in my wife's AOS, and asking her brother-in-law
    > > > to fill in his (as joint sponsor).
    > > >
    > > > I'll be doing my OF-230 shortly, in advance of receiving package-3 from the
    > > > INS.
    > > >
    > > > Also still waiting for my police certificate (up to 3 more weeks). I'm looking
    > > > at emigrating around December. Can't go sooner than that because of a condition
    > > > of my relocation expenses from work. If I resign before the 2 years are up, I
    > > > have to pay back some of the relocation expenses I used when I started the job.
    > > >
    > > > Sounds like you're nearly there though, so good luck with that!
    > > >
    > > > Jim
    > > >
    > > > [email protected] (ROGERPENYCATE) wrote in message
    > > > > Hi Jim, I've just replied to one of your earlier postings, so you know that I
    > > > > am not an "expert".From the looks of what you have said, I may well meet you
    > > > > at the US Embassy on the same date !!! If the INS have approved your petition
    > > > > and asked you to send in the OF-169, you are a long way down the road. You
    > > > > can not send in the 169 until you have all of the documents that
    > you
    > > > > need, well I suppose technically you can, but could be dangerous !! I have
    > > > > everything I need except a police certificate from Australia. I am hanging on
    > > > > sending in the 169 until I have that in my hands. I'd hate to get my
    > > > > interview date and still be chasing the Aussie
    > thingy.
    > > > > From my research (and I have driven every source mad !!) it should be about a
    > > > > month from sending in the 169 until your interview date. Hope this helps.
    > > > > Roger
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > bwelburn <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > > > Hi,
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Can anyone tell me what I should expect back from the London US Embassy
    > > > > > (Spouse Visa, wife is US Citizen in England) now that they have my OF-169?
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Am I right in thinking that they should be sending me an interview
    > date?
    > > > > >
    > > > > > How long after receiving the OF-169 is it taking to get an
    > interview?
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Thanks

janesays Jun 11th 2002 9:32 am

> Not yet, I only sent in the OF-169's last Thursday, so I'm hoping to get an
    > interview date sometime in the next week or so. I put departure date 15th July

Mine went away on the 1st of may and I have yet to hear from them. Although I
phoned and have managed to discover that there is currently a 4 week backlog due
to holidays.

Although I said I wanted to travel in august, so perhaps that is making more of a
difference.

S.M. Jun 11th 2002 5:20 pm

Jane was that your I-130 or OF-169?

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > > Not yet, I only sent in the OF-169's last Thursday, so I'm hoping to get an
    > > interview date sometime in the next week or so. I put departure date 15th July
    >
    > Mine went away on the 1st of may and I have yet to hear from them.
Although
    > I phoned and have managed to discover that there is currently a 4 week backlog due
    > to holidays.
    >
    > Although I said I wanted to travel in august, so perhaps that is making
more
    > of a difference.