Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

13ft Pythons in the Everglades??

13ft Pythons in the Everglades??

Old Oct 6th 2005, 1:11 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Default 13ft Pythons in the Everglades??

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9600151/

take a look at this picture ............. it has to be a fake!
Old Oct 6th 2005, 1:38 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: 13ft Pythons in the Everglades??

Not necessarily!

The most amazing photo I ever saw was in the Singapore newspaper "The Straits Times" in the late 90s. I wish I'd cut the damn photo out and kept it.

The photo showed just the ankles and feet of a man who had been swallowed whole by a snake (I think it was a Burmese python but it could have been a boa constrictor) in rural peninsular Malaysia. Apparently he'd gone outside of his house one night (not much more than a hut) when the power failed to see if he could see what the problem was. He never returned...when daylight broke all of his neighbours in the kampung )village) were horrified to see that he had been crushed by the snake and it was slowly swallowing him.

The locals killed the snake but the poor chap had already suffocated.

A friend lived in a lovely colonial 'black & white' house in Singapore (originally a house for British Army officers) and drove over a 15ft python in the driveway of her house :scared:

The first place we lived in over there was a ground-floor maisonette. I decided that we would have to move out when our lease was up as a cobra tried to come in through the kitchen door..... :scared: The nearby rainforest/jungle was being cleared for development, displacing the snakes...scared the hell out of me - the security guards on the condo would put down a line of sulphur as apparently snakes don't like it but I don't know if it really worked or not.

One mother of a boy in my son's class used to teach aerobics. She also lived in a very nice colonial house (they have large lawn areas with shrubs and trees, a rarity in this highly populated little island) and her husband kept complaining about the rancid smell in their bedroom and Nina thought it was probably her gym kit. The smell didn't go away even after the sports bag had been emptied and they realised that it was coming from the air-con unit. When it was opened up they found a nest of snakes in there.... :scared: :scared:
Old Oct 6th 2005, 1:41 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 13ft Pythons in the Everglades??

We have no end of non-native wild animals round here. Mostly released by idiot owners into the wild and many of them decidedly unfriendly. A good reason to carry a weapon.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 1:52 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

reminds me of those stories about a big cat having been let loose to roam Dartmoor and was killing loads of sheep.

Yeah right!!
Old Oct 6th 2005, 2:04 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9600151/

take a look at this picture ............. it has to be a fake!

Real :scared:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/snakegator.asp
Old Oct 6th 2005, 2:09 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Eskimo
I tell ya...it's *****ing dangerous down here. What with 13 foot pythons, 12 foot alligators and a whole city full of cuban mafia.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 2:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I tell ya...it's *****ing dangerous down here. What with 13 foot pythons, 12 foot alligators and a whole city full of cuban mafia.
more to LA mate .. only a few black widows , the odd snake, wild fires , earthquakes, bloods and crips, drive-bys, smog and a Crystal-meth epidemic, (or so you would think if you believed half the crap on here )
Old Oct 6th 2005, 2:28 am
Account Closed

more to LA mate .. only a few black widows , the odd snake, wild fires , earthquakes, bloods and crips, drive-bys, smog and a Crystal-meth epidemic, (or so you would think if you believed half the crap on here )
LOL. Sounds lovely...just my kinda place.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 2:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
LOL. Sounds lovely...just my kinda place.
you'll fit right in ..bring your bandanna and wife beater vest
Old Oct 6th 2005, 2:41 am
Account Closed

you'll fit right in ..bring your bandanna and wife beater vest
How the fek did you know? Have you been peeking in my wardrobe?
Old Oct 6th 2005, 4:00 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a look on Urban Legends and they say its a true picture............
Old Oct 6th 2005, 4:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
Just had a look on Urban Legends and they say its a true picture............
It was on the BBC too:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4313978.stm
Old Oct 6th 2005, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a snake yesterday while out walking my dog. It was about 15 inches long and as thin as a pencil but it still scared the crap out of me!! yeah yeah I'm a wuss I will admit it.

When I was a teenager my brother used to keep Burmese Pythons in a tank in his bedroom. I would always close the door to his bedroom before I could go to bed. The last one he had was a real scary bugger, he would intimidate you if he sensed you were scared. He was about 12 foot long when my brother sold him to a guy that was a profession snake keeper. One day out of the blue the guy phoned and left a message to say that although the snake scared the bejesus out of him he was determined to tame the bugger!
Old Oct 6th 2005, 6:26 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladylisa
I saw a snake yesterday while out walking my dog. It was about 15 inches long and as thin as a pencil but it still scared the crap out of me!! yeah yeah I'm a wuss I will admit it.

When I was a teenager my brother used to keep Burmese Pythons in a tank in his bedroom. I would always close the door to his bedroom before I could go to bed. The last one he had was a real scary bugger, he would intimidate you if he sensed you were scared. He was about 12 foot long when my brother sold him to a guy that was a profession snake keeper. One day out of the blue the guy phoned and left a message to say that although the snake scared the bejesus out of him he was determined to tame the bugger!
I never had a problem with snakes.........my friends dad had a lot of them being a vet at the Zoo....he would bring home sick ones for feeding and care.....but a few years ago I was bite by my friends sons small corn snake..........and I've not been able to pick one up since.........my friends dads Python was huge........and I was just 8 or 9......he would sit between us and watch TV........

I'm used to being bite.......I was a dog trainer and some of the dogs we had in were nasty buggers......but the snake bite really got to me.......
Old Oct 6th 2005, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

We get a lot of little ring necks in the yard here. The dog often bring them in as a prize. They are totally harmless but make excellent practice targets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.