Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

A 13 year olds dream...

A 13 year olds dream...

Old Jul 30th 2003, 7:03 am
Just Joined

iwannaliveinusa is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow A 13 year olds dream...

Hello, I am a 13 year old boy and i plan to move to the usa when im 18... I was wondering if you can marry/have a child over there and also get a permanent citizenship... it is my goal to live over there and i will do whatever it takes.... by the way... i dont want to work for anyone over there.... I want people to work for me! i have read alot of books about starting a business and im reading alot more... could anyone please tell me if i can marry/ have a child over there and then how long it takes to get a citizenship... to all the people who help me... THANK YOU!!
Old Jul 30th 2003, 9:59 am
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future
Default Re: A 13 year olds dream...

Originally posted by iwannaliveinusa
Hello, I am a 13 year old boy and i plan to move to the usa when im 18... I was wondering if you can marry/have a child over there and also get a permanent citizenship... it is my goal to live over there and i will do whatever it takes.... by the way... i dont want to work for anyone over there.... I want people to work for me! i have read alot of books about starting a business and im reading alot more... could anyone please tell me if i can marry/ have a child over there and then how long it takes to get a citizenship... to all the people who help me... THANK YOU!!
Good luck but it can be tough. Best plan if you wish to move at 18 is to get good A levels and then apply to read your BA/Bsc at a USA university. That is expensive mind you as tuiton costs are in the $20-30,000 per year bracket. Once in the USA as a student try to find a job and get an employer to sposor you and then hope that maybe you meet a nice american girl and get married, if you stay lonmg enough the odds are you will meet someone who is right just be open to the possibilty. If you marry an american you can get perm residence ok and after 3 years living in the USA with your wife/husband you can apply for citizenship which takes maybe 12-18 months to be processed(hopefully).

Other option is start a UK based business and make it a success so that you have enough money to get an investor visa or can relocate your business to the usa and get a work based visa that way. Not being mean but what are the odds you can make $500,000-1,000,000 in the next 5 years?

Its long way off but hey have dreams and you never know, there are scholarships for study in the USA as well by the way check out the Fulbright pages.
http://www.fulbright.co.uk/
regards,

Duncan
Old Jul 30th 2003, 2:31 pm
gpc
Forum Regular

gpc is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck son. You've already got the first thing you need to succeed in the US -- ambition! Don't let anyone tell you it's a bad word. Keep at it and you'll have a good shot.
Old Jul 30th 2003, 3:56 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Hello!

I throughly advise you to start looking into the Camp America programme, You may even be able to come over here on an exchange programme slightly before you are 18 (although I fear 13 is slightly too young to work for them!)… Good Luck with this venture, I wish you (as I’m sure everyone does) the very best, you’re certainly a lot better off than I was at 13, the only thing I was interested in was riding my bike in a gang of 7 others and wearing my coat only by the hood. You now have 5 years to plan exactly where in the US you want to be…it’s a big country.

Chopper Boy
Old Jul 30th 2003, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi! As an Ameican, I would like to wish you the best of luck in your efforts. BTW, have you ever visited the US? Where do you currently live
Old Jul 30th 2003, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

You could try Au Pair America. My friends sister did this in Palo Alto and there were plenty of guys doing it also.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 3:48 am
Just Joined

Default hey

Hello... its me... the 13 year old
I currently live in New Zealand and i think about living in the usa everyday
thank you for all the help everyone...
like i said people... i dont want to get addicted to work or anything... because i dont want to be a slave to money... i am going to start a business over there but i am yet thinking what the business will be about.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 4:04 am
Oms
Ironmonger

Oms is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand you're only 13 and perhaps do not realise this, but getting married simply to live in the US may not be such a great idea. You seem to be inclined on starting your own business. You may simply be able to immigrate as an investor and have more luck. Also, you should realise that if you decide to go to university and further your education, you may have to pay considerably more in the US than for a comparable (if not better) education in the UK.

Not trying to discourage you, but you should take it all into account.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 6:33 am
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

He is in New Zealand not the UK
Old Jul 31st 2003, 8:15 am
Just Joined

yehp i am... i was thinking of joining a uni or even getting a marriage maybe having a child and then i hope to start a young rich life!
Old Jul 31st 2003, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant future

whats wrong with New Zealand? looks like a cool place to live to me

yehp i am... i was thinking of joining a uni or even getting a marriage maybe having a child and then i hope to start a young rich life!
Old Jul 31st 2003, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I'd known what I wanted to do when I was 13. I was still picking my nose and playing kiss chase with the girlies at break time at that age
Old Jul 31st 2003, 5:33 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I am I the only one here who can smell a distinct whiff of troll?
Old Jul 31st 2003, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pulaski
I am I the only one here who can smell a distinct whiff of troll?

Your not alone.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 7:18 pm
Banned

JulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to all

Sounds kinda hokey to me too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.