Reload this Page >

1-129F and G325A

1-129F and G325A

Old Jul 7th 2002, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

ladymcbride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1-129F and G325A

Hi Everyone,

I am confused on what exactly I need for the Petition. I have two G325A's and don't know if I need to send it to my fiance in the UK for him to fill out and then send back to me to mail in with the petition. Also, do I need the pictures of him for this. Can anyone tell me exactly what I need to send in. I find this difficult to fill out since he is over there and I am here. Would be so much easier if he were here filling this out with me.

I would appreciate any input from anyone who has done this recently. I live in the USA and he lives in the UK and we want to live here and get married in the USA.

Thanks,

Robin
Old Jul 7th 2002, 8:20 am
Dabear?

Default Re: 1-129F and G325A

yes to both questions. You both need the signed G 325 and both of you need pictures

ladymcbride wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
    >
    > I am confused on what exactly I need for the Petition. I have two G325A's and don't
    > know if I need to send it to my fiance in the UK for him to fill out and then send
    > back to me to mail in with the petition. Also, do I need the pictures of him for
    > this. Can anyone tell me exactly what I need to send in. I find this difficult to
    > fill out since he is over there and I am here. Would be so much easier if he were
    > here filling this out with me.
    >
    > I would appreciate any input from anyone who has done this recently. I live in the
    > USA and he lives in the UK and we want to live here and get married in the USA.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Robin
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jul 7th 2002, 12:20 pm
Alvena Ferreira

ladymcbride wrote:
    > I am confused on what exactly I need for the Petition. I have two G325A's and don't
    > know if I need to send it to my fiance in the UK for him to fill out and then send
    > back to me to mail in with the petition. Also, do I need the pictures of him for
    > this. Can anyone tell me exactly what I need to send in. I find this difficult to
    > fill out since he is over there and I am here. Would be so much easier if he were
    >
Start here: http://www.k1faq.com Also see the K-1 section of the doc Steen site.

Basically, you need one G-325A for each of you. Each G-325A is your "life history"
about the person completing it. You also need at least one adit photo for each of
you. Each person signs his own G-325A form with his own signature.

Alvena

Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Old Jul 7th 2002, 2:20 pm
Robin

ladymcbride <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

My fiance and I just completed this process. I found the following website invaluable
in filling out and putting together the forms: http://k1.exit.com/ I followed their
instructions to the letter and our petition was approved in 15 days (from the Vermont
Service Center).

Your fiance will need to sign the G-325A form. He can fill it in himself using the
internet fillable forms found on www.irs.gov. Tell him to go to Forms and then look
for the G-325A. He might have to download Adobe Acrobat first so he can fill them out
online. The only drawback is that you can't save them to a file with the free version
of Acrobat - so you have to get it right as you type it in. Then he'll need to sign
all 4 forms and send them to you. And both you and he need the ADIT picture which you
can find instructions for on the website I noted above or on the INS website. We got
ours at one of the picture places in the mall (the one that takes pics of kids and
has a big camera - can't remember the name).

ALSO, if he has been married before, you will need a copy of his divorce certificate.

Good Luck! I know it seems daunting to fill out the forms but as long as you go
slowly and are very detail oriented you'll be fine.

Robin

> Hi Everyone,
    >
    >
    > I would appreciate any input from anyone who has done this recently. I live in the
    > USA and he lives in the UK and we want to live here and get married in the USA.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Robin

Old Jul 9th 2002, 6:20 pm
Lmark591

Hi Robin,

You have to send he the form G325A. he has to fill it out and sin. it Now you have
to fill one out too. Now you can fill out the l-129F and sin. it and send it in
when you have everything you need for the INS.

Good Luck, Mark