Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >



Old Jul 31st 2001, 1:37 am
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 14
millionaire100 is an unknown quantity at this point

IS there anyway in which I can change from my present Q-1 visa status to a J-1 trainee visa status without leaving the USA????

Any help would be greatly appreicated.
millionaire100 is offline  
Old Jul 31st 2001, 5:01 pm
Sylvia Ottemoeller
Posts: n/a

millionaire100 wrote:


Theoretically you get your Form IAP-66, and file Form I-539 asking to change from Q-1
to J-1, but as a practical matter it does not help much, considering the long
processing times for the I-539, over one year in the area covered by the INS
California Service Center. You cannot receive any compensation from the employer
until the I-539 has been approved.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.