Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

$75 dollars for a Green Card

$75 dollars for a Green Card

Old Jul 14th 2005, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default $75 dollars for a Green Card

Thats the going rate for a very good fake I was told by someone in the know this morning. Arizona is trying to cut down on the fakes circulating by targeting the makers of the fakes. Good luck!.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 6:22 pm
ImHere

Default Re: $75 dollars for a Green Card

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Thats the going rate for a very good fake I was told by someone in the know this morning. Arizona is trying to cut down on the fakes circulating by targeting the makers of the fakes. Good luck!.
Well, looking at mine (real one before anyone tries to be funny ) they'd have to be bloody good fakers with some pretty hitech kit to make a convincing one.

Old Jul 14th 2005, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
Well, looking at mine (real one before anyone tries to be funny ) they'd have to be bloody good fakers with some pretty hitech kit to make a convincing one.
I was told that they have all the right markings and look like the real thing. I even showed them the back of mine with the silver strip and they assured me it was the same.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

I was told that they have all the right markings and look like the real thing. I even showed them the back of mine with the silver strip and they assured me it was the same.
But would it stand the test of an infra-red light/torch?
Old Jul 14th 2005, 7:28 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony126
But would it stand the test of an infra-red light/torch?
How many *employers* are going to put it to such a test? They are not required to.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 7:33 pm
ImHere

How the hell do they get all the holograms on it?

Old Jul 14th 2005, 7:36 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Many years ago my brother lived in NYC. He was legal, hated it here and had no intention of staying but he was offered GC's all the time. The going rate then was about $500. Amazing how much it's been devalued over the years.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 8:03 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sibsie
Many years ago my brother lived in NYC. He was legal, hated it here and had no intention of staying but he was offered GC's all the time. The going rate then was about $500. Amazing how much it's been devalued over the years.

He's talking Arizona --- you're talking NYC

Two years ago I believe the going rate in DC was over $500 according to one poster who got caught at the Can/Am border with it. Can even buy the social security card.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 8:50 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
He's talking Arizona --- you're talking NYC
Well yes I understood that part Rete.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 1:25 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

According to some Mexicans that I know, the going rate in Mexico is $100 for social security cards, $300 for a state drivers liscense and $500 for a (new style) green card. There are also some crappy fakes available for less, that might fool some people but not many.

A premium package is also available, usually from a former legal immigrant who has returned to Mexico or has 'lost' his wallet- where in you get his/her actual greencard, a valid SS number and liscense. Of course you have to look similar to the person. This costs $2-3000, and is the best was, as most employers check the social security number to validate it and the name if the person applying. Fake SS cards don't.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 12:21 am
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with you there. The old pink green cards looked pretty easy to forge but I recently renewed mine and boy has it got boats loads of stuff on it. I just can't see anyone trying to forge them. A lot of work has gone into redesigning it. I guess now its a Magnolia card or beige card.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 4:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

They bust a ring in Denver:

http://www.9news.com/9slideshows/Dick%20Lamm's%20fake%20IDs/Default.aspx?N=1
Old Jul 16th 2005, 12:17 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by Boiler
They bust a ring in Denver:

http://www.9news.com/9slideshows/Dick%20Lamm's%20fake%20IDs/Default.aspx?N=1

Hmm I cant see too many immigrations officers being fooled by those

Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm I cant see too many immigrations officers being fooled by those
There was some other post, can not remeber when/where but also asked how they would fool an Immigration Officer, I assumed that they were never meant to, all to do with getting work when the checks are rudimentary to say the least.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 1:54 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Where's consumer6billion when you want him. Reckon he got one of those duds?