Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

$50 to spend on amazon.

$50 to spend on amazon.

Old Jun 21st 2010, 3:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $50 to send on amazon.

Originally Posted by Leslie66
+1

I'm also fascinated with the British obsession with pot noodles. That's not even real food. It's like the whole country chose to stay on war rations after WW2.
Have to say, I agree completely. I have never rated pot noodle as a meal/snack. Would much rather have a buttered crisp butty!
Old Jun 21st 2010, 3:12 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Buy some books before your brain turns to mush.
Books? Never heard of them.

Pot Noodles are more comfort food than anything else.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 3:29 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
Books? Never heard of them.

Pot Noodles are more comfort food than anything else.
Well you've got a lot of nerve.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 3:32 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Well you've got a lot of nerve.
I'm actually contemplating buying the, Pasta Bible.

Not for this reason but it's the same book that made the now infamous typo.

"Ground salt and black people"

Accidental or not, it's a book I want.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 3:34 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm actually contemplating buying the, Pasta Bible.

Not for this reason but it's the same book that made the now infamous typo.

"Ground salt and black people"

Accidental or not, it's a book I want.
Ooohh. Weird. I was going to suggest that you buy a book about how to make your own pot noodles but I didn't want you to hit me.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 3:40 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

Ooohh. Weird. I was going to suggest that you buy a book about how to make your own pot noodles but I didn't want you to hit me.
Oh I'd hit you with 'something' if you found me that book
Old Jun 21st 2010, 3:45 pm
WTF?

Oh I'd hit you with 'something' if you found me that book
It looks like there are two with that title. Who's the author?

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...sl_dr4xlll4s_b

I'm sure it's the first one that you want since a mere woman wrote the other one.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 3:49 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

I may have to flag down Lorna, I really want to know more about drying pasta and storing it.

I think trial and error will be the best bet. If not a book, it's a pizza stone, and if not a pizza stone a 2 liter jug of HP.

http://www.amazon.com/Sauce-4-Liter-...7135380&sr=1-5
Old Jun 21st 2010, 4:24 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

+1

I'm also fascinated with the British obsession with pot noodles. That's not even real food. It's like the whole country chose to stay on war rations after WW2.

Awesome, not harsh.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 9:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I buy my ramen noodles at Amazon because they carry the brand "Ichiban", which are the BEST, in my opinion. My local stores don't carry that brand anymore.
Have you seen how much sodium they have in them? Pot is two portions too....really put me off as I love them myself

I usually get tea bags from Amazon and double edged razor blades.

Movie boxset when on sale too...plus presents for people, sent direct.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 10:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Have you seen how much sodium they have in them? Pot is two portions too....really put me off as I love them myself
Did you have to remind me? I know, it's shocking! One package might be two servings, but I eat the whole thing anyway. Then I spend the rest of the week trying to un-bloat from all that water retention! LOL

Rene
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 12:05 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Did you have to remind me? I know, it's shocking! One package might be two servings, but I eat the whole thing anyway. Then I spend the rest of the week trying to un-bloat from all that water retention! LOL

Rene
hehe...same here....so nasty, yet so good
Old Jun 25th 2010, 2:46 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $50 to spend on amazon.

Ok you bugger, just so you know, I noted your question and my addiction was rekindled - I went online and ordered walkers cheese and onion crisps, monster munch and steak and onion walkers for good measure 40 dollars! One a day was my plan well they arrived today am on my fourth bag and part of a calorie controlled diet- doh
Old Jun 25th 2010, 4:48 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

3 wolf moon shirt.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of light

I buy Eneloop rechargeable batteries for my D300 which eats them like candy....also printer paper for my snaplab...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.