Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

$2k rent budget for 3 bed in Boston City

Wikiposts

$2k rent budget for 3 bed in Boston City

Old Apr 7th 2005, 12:41 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $2k rent budget for 3 bed in Boston City

Originally Posted by Hammy

Thanks for the info, very useful indeed.
You lot are making much more sense compared to those 2 time wasting losers Manc and NC Penguin
You might wanna check whom the moderators are before you go around reporting people posts to moderators.

Last edited by Manc; Apr 7th 2005 at 12:43 am.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:14 am
Skyscrapered

Haggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Any chance you can use a search engine to find rental websites yourself or is that asking too much?

NC Penguin
I had thought one of the best things about this site was being able to ask the sort of question that Hammy did and get an answer from people who have 'been there, done that' and are probably wearing the t-shirt?
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:14 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Manc
You might wanna check whom the moderators are before you go around reporting people posts to moderators.
Heck, now I know where the South Africans got it from...the British side of the family tree

(being nasty to questioners on bulletin boards that is)
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:15 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Haggischomper
I had thought one of the best things about this site was being able to ask the sort of question that Hammy did and get an answer from people who have 'been there, done that' and are probably wearing the t-shirt?
It normally doesn't take someone 3 different threads to do it though.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:20 am
Skyscrapered

Haggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura about

Ah! Hadn't spotted that...yet!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:28 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Opinions required on best neighbourhoods for this $2k per month budget, links to rental websites a bonus

thanks people.

PS - If a 3 bed is unrealistic then don't be shy to put me straight on the local rental market, greatly appreciated, cheers.

I have to jump into the quay, Hammy, even though I, too, am a moderator.

Your initial post asking about cost of living in the Boston, Massachusetts area and housing, etc. was answered quickly, informatively and pleasantly by several people. You chose, yet again, to post a very similar question in a new thread. And then a third time with a slight variation in monetary value of the same questions.

What it boils down to is that you are seeking the advice that is best given to you by a real estate agent who deals with relocation services. Also since you are coming to the US on a work oriented visa (I believe L-1 since you said your wife would be working as well and she could not do that on an H-1B) then ask the company to put you in touch with someone in the US company who answer these questions for you.

Let's face facts here. None one here can give you exacting answers to your questions. We don't have a clue what your current live style is, what you currently spend and/or save from your present salary, what you need to make you and your family's life comfortable. Also what is a safe neighborhood for me might well be the a crappy neighborhood in your eyes. Hell, I'm a New Yorker. So some parts of Boston and its 'burbs wouldn't affect me as it might you. And yes, I know Boston well.

Do a little research, Hammy. The internet is a powerful tool. There are thousands of resources out there for you to find info on Boston and its bedroom communities and BE is only one of those thousands. When I contemplated moving to Boston in the 90's I didn't have a problem finding relocation services to assist me.

As someone else mentioned in this thread, you appear to be a bit hesitant about this move and need to feel 100% secure before you undertake it. Immigration cannot be approached that way. If you don't have a sense of adventure and a willingness to roll with the punches or to be inconvenienced for a bit, then stay where you are because you aren't going to make it here.

Rete
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:09 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Peed my keks.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

better not reply other wise i would be banned
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was 4.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:31 am
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by mandpete
I thought it was 4.
oh yeah.............

I don't think it's insecurities about moving.
I think it's more of a case of
"HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME, I'M MOVING TO BOSTON!"
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

oh yeah.............

like we care
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:28 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

oh yeah.............

Now, THAT tickled my funny bone.

Didn't realize there were 3 other threads going....
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:36 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Potatoe / potato..... anyone who plays asteroids 3,170 times has a serious social gap in my book.... I'm away out with my mates to the pub .... enjoy the sense of well being you get from tap tap tapping on your keyboard every night. llllllllllloooooosssssseeeeerrrrrr !!

PMSL All I want to know is has NC penguin really played Asteroids over 3000 times on this site Someone buy her an X-box for Christmas FFS
Old Apr 7th 2005, 12:34 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Hammy!!! ..not a good start to you BE enjoyment ..when you come back look me up ...I will try and help you ...I have experience in your sort of problems... But in the meantime let play horse.. I'll be the front end and you be yourself.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.