$ up again.

Old Nov 28th 2006, 7:02 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $ up again.

Originally Posted by angelman
Anyone thought of doing something crazy like remortgage their UK property (if they have one) to release some cash to turn into dollars or use to buy a property here...then wait it out until the dollar returns to something more normal....

I did that

got a second mortgage on my flat in the UK.

bought 7 duplexes with 20% down...

all of a sudden I have 4k a month i didn't previously
Old Nov 28th 2006, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

angelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond repute

hehe if i took out a second mortgage on my London flat I could just about afford a small 600sqft shack where i live here!
I think the thing to do would be to buy some investment proeprty elsewhere.. anyone buying in LA right now must be insane i think...

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
I did that

got a second mortgage on my flat in the UK.

bought 7 duplexes with 20% down...

all of a sudden I have 4k a month i didn't previously
Old Nov 28th 2006, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
How/where to take advantage of this? My mum said the bereau de change at home will only give her $1.84 to the pound.
Bureau de rip off, is the worse place to get foreign currency.
To get close to the advertised rate, you would need to go to a major bank, or currency dealer, minimum would be £25k. Tourist rates, would be way below the $1.94.
Reg.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 8:42 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angelman
hehe if i took out a second mortgage on my London flat I could just about afford a small 600sqft shack where i live here!
I think the thing to do would be to buy some investment proeprty elsewhere.. anyone buying in LA right now must be insane i think...
Agreed

the numbers don't add up in your part of the country. they do here

i'm thinking of getting a personal loan out in the UK to transfer over here since the rates are so good right now...
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

i'm thinking of getting a personal loan out in the UK to transfer over here since the rates are so good right now...
can you do that as a non-resident in the UK?
Old Nov 28th 2006, 11:04 pm
Mr. Grumpy

Originally Posted by Bob
can you do that as a non-resident in the UK?
CAN you?

yes

it would probably be useful to still have a good Uk credit history, an address and the ability to make payments
Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

CAN you?

yes

it would probably be useful to still have a good Uk credit history, an address and the ability to make payments
Or an offshore bank account
Old Nov 29th 2006, 4:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

CAN you?

yes

I thought you still needed to prove residency somehow with utility bills etc...but if that's the case, cool.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:40 pm
Mr. Grumpy

Originally Posted by Bob
I thought you still needed to prove residency somehow with utility bills etc...but if that's the case, cool.

I guarantee if you apply on line for a loan under 10k gbp that most places will just pull your credit report and if its good, thats all they need
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

I guarantee if you apply on line for a loan under 10k gbp that most places will just pull your credit report and if its good, thats all they need
might have to look into that for the missus as she can't get federal student loans for her masters over here, and the normal rates at the banks etc are pretty crap, especially for anything with a deferred payment.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming you still have a UK address - as they pull the voters roll info - or at the very least look at the address where your credit is.

My Uk cards are all registered at home still - technically you do need to be resident. Do you still have your UK address? They dont send docs in all cases - they can use fax and email now in most cases.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:43 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
...wait for the UK property market to crash then BANG
This forum will dry up and blow away if that happens.

Sorry, when that happens.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:25 pm
Mr. Grumpy

Originally Posted by Big D
Assuming you still have a UK address - as they pull the voters roll info - or at the very least look at the address where your credit is.

My Uk cards are all registered at home still - technically you do need to be resident. Do you still have your UK address? They dont send docs in all cases - they can use fax and email now in most cases.
yes, I still have my address and when i sell.. I'll 'move' into a mates or relatives house...

i've heard that egg loans do not require ANY kind of documentation to be signed or faxed, its all electronic...
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Almost $1.97 today, getting there "$2". Dollar at 14 year low, to the pound.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...480977,00.html
Reg.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.