X-rays results

Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Americanwife is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb X-rays results

Hi guys!
I have a question about X-ray results which i had to do for K-3 visa interview in the embassy.
Now as i have got my visa and flying to the U.S. i dont know whether i will need this x-ray in future, during AOS process or any other immigration related procedures and whether i should take it with me or to leave here.
Would appreciate to hear your comments and responses.
Thanks a lot.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:43 am
US resident at last :)

mstracy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: X-rays results

Originally Posted by Americanwife
Hi guys!
I have a question about X-ray results which i had to do for K-3 visa interview in the embassy.
Now as i have got my visa and flying to the U.S. i dont know whether i will need this x-ray in future, during AOS process or any other immigration related procedures and whether i should take it with me or to leave here.
Thanks a lot.
I did DCF and was advised that although not normally required, X-rays may be requested at POE. I took mine but they weren't asked for (as expected).

Mark
Old Sep 5th 2004, 5:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys!
Thanks a lot.
Hi AW,

I don't know where I heard, saw, or read this, but it seems you are supposed to take your x-rays on your carry-on luggage all the way to the POE. We did just that, and they didn't ask for them at JFK. I still have my husband's x-rays here at home, although if anything happens where he would need chest x-rays, I'm sure they'll do new ones here. I probably could just throw them away now. I would go ahead and carry them with you to be on the safe side. You never know what they might ask for at the POE.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Sep 5th 2004, 6:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys!
Your supposed to have them in your carry on luggage, but I don't think anyone has been asked for the x-ray, but it's a good idea to have it just in case
Old Sep 5th 2004, 6:26 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Your supposed to have them in your carry on luggage, but I don't think anyone has been asked for the x-ray, but it's a good idea to have it just in case
Actually, there was someone just the other day who said they asked for her X-ray.........can't remember who it was but I commented on it. Anyway, to the OP, carry the X-ray with you in the carry on luggage and if they ask for it, then you'll be prepared. They never asked for my husband's and it's sitting here on a shelf in the basement about ten feet away from me as I type this! Guess we'll keep it through the AOS process and then chuck it.

~SecretGarden
Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Actually, there was someone just the other day who said they asked for her X-ray.........can't remember who it was
Melody32

Last edited by HunterGreen; Sep 5th 2004 at 7:08 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

edweena is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do you need x-rays?
Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by edweena
Why do you need x-rays?
Cos you get them when you do your medical, and after you get to the States, you don't really need them, but it's advised to keep them until you've had the AOS, just to be safe, and then can use them for fun art project or something...
I'm not quite sure what I'll do with mine...
Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:42 pm
Tod's Princess

Location: Me: Ghent, Belgium - Tod: Providence (Rhode Island), USA
Noortje is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I did DCF and at the end of my process, the lady at the embassy told me not to carry the X-rays as carry-on but just to check it in with my baggage because it will not be needed at the POE.
She said I would only need the visa and the sealed brown envelope.

But then again, I don't know if I would risk that even though I was told this by the American embassy specifically.

What do you guys think I should do? The X-rays are big... I would rather have them in the regular baggage instead of dragging with it all the time. But what if they ask for it? Pfffff...
Old Sep 6th 2004, 12:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Noortje

What do you guys think I should do? The X-rays are big... I would rather have them in the regular baggage instead of dragging with it all the time. But what if they ask for it? Pfffff...
I rolled mine up and stuffed it into the carry on along with me socks
Old Sep 6th 2004, 12:30 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by edweena
Why do you need x-rays?

They are to show that you do not have TB

Rete