Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Wrong Name spellings on I-140 approval problem

Wikiposts

Wrong Name spellings on I-140 approval problem

Old Jun 7th 2004, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

tarsem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wrong Name spellings on I-140 approval problem

My employer filed I-140 and I-485, EAD and AP for me

I got I-140 and I-485 filing receipts and my EAD AP also approved.

I received the I-140 approval copy from my employer and found that my last name has been misspelled on I-140 approval notice. Also checked the I-140 filing receipt and noted that it has also the same mistake.
For example My EAD has correct name: MITTAR A Kumar
My AP has correct name: MITTAR A KUMAR
My I-485 receipt has correct name: MITTAR A Kumar
My EAD, AP and I-485and I-140 approval notice have the correct A# that is on I-485 filing receipt
My I-140 approval notice has the correct A# but on I-140 approval the spellings of my last name are not correct it is written as: MITTTAR A Kumar (it has extra T)
My I-485 has been transferred to local USCIS office today for Interview, and Interview may be after 4-6 months.
My concern is that because of that misspellings on I-140 approval would that create any problems?
Help needed what should be done. I spoke to my company lawyer and he said it is Typo and will not be problem as it has same A# as on I-485. I asked him that I-485, EAD AP all are based on I-140, so if problem on I-140 approval notice it may create problems but lawyer said it is not problem and banged the phone (he is company lawyer)
Should I be concerned?
Should I request my employer to talk to lawyer so that he can ask USCIS to send new I-140 approval notice with correct last name?
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Manish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really nice
Default Re: Wrong Name spellings on I-140 approval problem

Originally posted by tarsem
My employer filed I-140 and I-485, EAD and AP for me

I got I-140 and I-485 filing receipts and my EAD AP also approved.

I received the I-140 approval copy from my employer and found that my last name has been misspelled on I-140 approval notice. Also checked the I-140 filing receipt and noted that it has also the same mistake.
For example My EAD has correct name: MITTAR A Kumar
My AP has correct name: MITTAR A KUMAR
My I-485 receipt has correct name: MITTAR A Kumar
My EAD, AP and I-485and I-140 approval notice have the correct A# that is on I-485 filing receipt
My I-140 approval notice has the correct A# but on I-140 approval the spellings of my last name are not correct it is written as: MITTTAR A Kumar (it has extra T)
My I-485 has been transferred to local USCIS office today for Interview, and Interview may be after 4-6 months.
My concern is that because of that misspellings on I-140 approval would that create any problems?
Help needed what should be done. I spoke to my company lawyer and he said it is Typo and will not be problem as it has same A# as on I-485. I asked him that I-485, EAD AP all are based on I-140, so if problem on I-140 approval notice it may create problems but lawyer said it is not problem and banged the phone (he is company lawyer)
Should I be concerned?
Should I request my employer to talk to lawyer so that he can ask USCIS to send new I-140 approval notice with correct last name?
------ I dont see any problem it is just Typo, but your lawyer can also get copy of approval notice with correct name on it