Wrong name on H1B application!

Old Jan 31st 2001, 11:12 am
Paul Popa

I received the Approval Notice for my H1B application from my US employer. The problem is
my name on all the papers is wrong! My name is "Paul Marian, Popa" (I have two given
names) and they wrote "Paul, Marian" on the papers.

Does anything like this ever happened to any of you? Does anyone know how big this problem
is and if it can be solved?

Thank you very much for any suggestions and for all the answeres to my previous postings
on this news group, Paul

Old Jan 31st 2001, 5:13 pm
jetrotall

I have a wrong country of citizenship on my Approval Notice. The lawyer sent a letter to
INS requesting to correct the error. They never responded or did anything, but the lawyer
said it's shouldn't be a problem and advised me to always carry the copy of the letter
along with the Approval Notice whenever I travel. It could be more serious in your case -
you should talk to you lawyer...

In article <[email protected]>,

>
> I received the Approval Notice for my H1B application from my US employer. The problem
> is my name on all the papers is wrong! My name is "Paul Marian, Popa" (I have two given
> names) and they wrote "Paul, Marian" on the papers.
>
> Does anything like this ever happened to any of you? Does anyone know how big this
> problem is and if it can be solved?
>
> Thank you very much for any suggestions and for all the answeres to my previous postings
> on this news group, Paul

Old Feb 1st 2001, 7:09 am
Paul Popa

Thanks. Was the mistake in your papers made by INS? One problem is that my employer wrote
my wrong name on the petition to INS. So, I'm affraid INS won't care about any
complaint...

Paul

[email protected] wrote:
>
> I have a wrong country of citizenship on my Approval Notice. The lawyer sent a letter to
> INS requesting to correct the error. They never responded or did anything, but the
> lawyer said it's shouldn't be a problem and advised me to always carry the copy of the
> letter along with the Approval Notice whenever I travel. It could be more serious in
> your case - you should talk to you lawyer...
>
> In article <[email protected]>,

> >
> > I received the Approval Notice for my H1B application from my US employer. The problem
> > is my name on all the papers is wrong! My name is "Paul Marian, Popa" (I have two
> > given names) and they wrote "Paul, Marian" on the papers.
> >
> > Does anything like this ever happened to any of you? Does anyone know how big this
> > problem is and if it can be solved?
> >
> > Thank you very much for any suggestions and for all the answeres to my previous
> > postings on this news group, Paul
>

Old Feb 3rd 2001, 12:30 am
jetrotall

Yes, INS made the mistake. May be your employer can ask for correction...

In article <[email protected]>,

>
> Thanks. Was the mistake in your papers made by INS? One problem is that my employer
> wrote my wrong name on the petition to INS. So, I'm affraid INS won't care about any
> complaint...
>
> Paul
>
> [email protected] wrote:
> >
> > I have a wrong country of citizenship on my Approval Notice. The
lawyer
> > sent a letter to INS requesting to correct the error. They never responded or did
> > anything, but the lawyer said it's shouldn't be a problem and advised me to always
> > carry the copy of the letter along with the Approval Notice whenever I travel. It
> > could be more
serious in
> > your case - you should talk to you lawyer...
> >
> > In article <[email protected]>,

> > >
> > > I received the Approval Notice for my H1B application from my US employer. The
> > > problem is my name on all the papers is wrong! My name is "Paul Marian, Popa" (I
> > > have two given names) and they
wrote
> > > "Paul, Marian" on the papers.
> > >
> > > Does anything like this ever happened to any of you? Does anyone
know
> > > how big this problem is and if it can be solved?
> > >
> > > Thank you very much for any suggestions and for all the answeres
to my
> > > previous postings on this news group, Paul
> > >
>