would they really turn me away?

Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:25 am
jmd
Just Joined

jmd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default would they really turn me away?

HI

me and my fiancee are in the process of applying for a K2 fiancee visa, currently in the waiting phase for somone sitting behind a desk in nebraska to process my fiancees form.

We have our first baby due in December, so what i want to do is go over there to visit, going early november and coming back january, basically using up all my 90 days that im allowed.

I know loads of people ask this question, and ive read alot of stuff...

but is it actually a possibility that the POE officer, after i have explain the purpose of my visit (to support my fiancee during pregancy, to see the birth of my son and then support them both (emotionally and physically) afterwards) that they will deny me entry and force me back to the UK??

It just seems ridiculous.

I also dont want to lie or do anything underhanded,
i would have to quit my job, and i dont have any rent payments or anything, so i would have no "evidence" of returning to the UK except my return ticket and knowledge that violating the waiver visa at this point will affect any future plans detrimentally.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: would they really turn me away?

Hi, to answer your question: Yes, they would deny you entry, especially if you have no solid proof that you plan on returning to the UK.

Originally Posted by jmd
HI

me and my fiancee are in the process of applying for a K2 fiancee visa, currently in the waiting phase for somone sitting behind a desk in nebraska to process my fiancees form.

We have our first baby due in December, so what i want to do is go over there to visit, going early november and coming back january, basically using up all my 90 days that im allowed.

but is it actually a possibility that the POE officer, after i have explain the purpose of my visit (to support my fiancee during pregancy, to see the birth of my son and then support them both (emotionally and physically) afterwards) that they will deny me entry and force me back to the UK??

i would have to quit my job, and i dont have any rent payments or anything, so i would have no "evidence" of returning to the UK except my return ticket and knowledge that violating the waiver visa at this point will affect any future plans detrimentally.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:37 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You are a prime candidate for refusal of entry. Why? Because of all the reasons that you say you are going to tell them as to the reasons for wanting to come to the US. Add to that the pending I-129F for the K-1 (not K-2) that you have in Nebraska.

She's pregnant and due in December so have her contact her congressperson or Nebraska and ask for the I-129F to be expedited. Others in a similar situation used that as a reason for expedition and it worked for them.

Rete

Originally Posted by jmd
HI

Old Aug 12th 2004, 7:39 am
Jadm

if you enter the USA and tell all that yep - your most likely to be sent right back.

Old Aug 12th 2004, 11:42 pm
jmd
Just Joined

jmd is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies...

so basically my options are to lie... fine, i have no problem with that.

Is it just me or does a system that inherintly encourages deceit seem wrong?
Old Aug 13th 2004, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

How do you equate expediting a K-1 with lying? I'm not following your logic.

Originally Posted by jmd

Old Aug 13th 2004, 12:56 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmd

Lie? No one suggested you lie to the USCIS or the guy at the POE. Do that and get caught and your ass is grass as the old saying is. Not only will you have them turn you around it is possible that the lie will be recorded on your records and return to haunt you during the K-1 process.

If you have no problem with lying, I sure hope you can afford being apart from your significant other and your child for a while if you don't want to migrate where they live.

Rete
Old Aug 13th 2004, 1:56 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Lie? No one suggested you lie to the USCIS or the guy at the POE. Do that and get caught and your ass is grass as the old saying is. Not only will you have them turn you around it is possible that the lie will be recorded on your records and return to haunt you during the K-1 process.

If you have no problem with lying, I sure hope you can afford being apart from your significant other and your child for a while if you don't want to migrate where they live.

Rete
Hey Rete:

Some people just like playing with matches. Who are we to mention that there is a gas jet nearby.

Besides, its good for the business of immigration laweyrs.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 2:32 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmd

It's just you, not understanding how the system works.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Aug 13th 2004 at 2:56 am.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 2:44 am
Hoosier daddy

captainklutz is an unknown quantity at this point

Agree with you there jmd. The American system is fraught with delays, red tape 'couldnt care less' attitude and general inefficiency. Friends of our who have been subjected to the American 'inquisition' say it is not an easy task just for two GENUINE, loving caring responsible people to marry and pay taxes in the USA! We are about to undergo this 'trial by ordeal' we are both dreading it but we hurt so much being apart and I miss 'my' kids.

The US is all too happy to take my tax dollars as soon as I start work there, which is all I want to do, I dont want benefits or handouts. But trying to convince them that you WANT to work and contribute to their increasingly authoritarian society and attitudes is indeed a challenge. Its time that perhaps the 'voice of the people' was heard in congress to get this charade put right. WHY do they ask all the stupid questions? The questions they should be asking;
have you been together long?
do you love your partner?
do they love you?
do you have a reference to tell me youre honest,
do you intend to work right away?
If the answer is yes to all the above THATS IT. Visa granted welcome to America. Thats ALL THEY NEED DO. I should be a senator!

Thanks to this forum however we have now found the 'quick' way (12 weeks) to marry and get settled in the US by DCF. Spoke to my fiancee for 4 hours tonight on the phone and we are going to get her over here for our wedding and get 'resident status' then......we go back to the states on our DCF. She is over the moon as we will be together but it means it upsets the kids school work due to them having to attend UK school while they are here. ALL JUST TO BE ALLOWED INTO THE US AS A MARRIED COUPLE!

Any congressmen who read this PUT YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER GUYS. EXPEDITE, STREAMLINE, MINIMISE AND RATIONALISE NOW!

All the best and God be with you and your family buddy! Hope the baby is fine.

I have been gifted with 3 beautiful stepchildren by the most beautiful lady in my world - yes you got it - shes 3750 miles away sitting alone and crying because Im here.

Originally Posted by jmd

Old Aug 13th 2004, 3:43 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by captainklutz
Its time that perhaps the 'voice of the people' was heard in congress to get this charade put right.
Your in dreamland.. The voice of the people would say stop all Immigration
just like they do in the UK...and you are unlikely to get through DCF totally in 12 weeks nowadays..
Old Aug 13th 2004, 4:09 am
Hoosier daddy

captainklutz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ray6
Your in dreamland.. The voice of the people would say stop all Immigration
just like they do in the UK...and you are unlikely to get through DCF totally in 12 weeks nowadays..
You know what? all that ranting and raving has made me realise something. Perhaps we dont need all the hassle. My wonderful lady is happy to come to the UK and live but I know she would miss her homeland if we stayed away too long. Her father died on July 4th and she tends his grave, but that brave, gutsy lady will give all that up for ME. She knows it will be easier to come to the UK, marry and settle. So perhaps we will do that for 2 years.

Unless Im much mistaken, after 2 years I qualify as a conditional American citizen dont I? All I have to do is file an AOS when we arrive? Therefore we pack our bags, sell up and walk straight in. Sure we have read this somewhere Im bound to be wrong so get the comments coming please

"The higher you build your barriers, the taller I become,
the further you move my rights away, the faster I will run....
something inside so strong" - Labi Sifre
Old Aug 13th 2004, 4:30 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by captainklutz
You know what? all that ranting and raving has made me realise something. Perhaps we dont need all the hassle. My wonderful lady is happy to come to the UK and live but I know she would miss her homeland if we stayed away too long. Her father died on July 4th and she tends his grave, but that brave, gutsy lady will give all that up for ME. She knows it will be easier to come to the UK, marry and settle. So perhaps we will do that for 2 years.

Unless Im much mistaken, after 2 years I qualify as a conditional American citizen dont I? All I have to do is file an AOS when we arrive? Therefore we pack our bags, sell up and walk straight in. Sure we have read this somewhere Im bound to be wrong so get the comments coming please

"The higher you build your barriers, the taller I become,
the further you move my rights away, the faster I will run....
something inside so strong" - Labi Sifre
i don't see any ranting and raving..But its not a good thing to criticize the American way if you want to get to live here.. Your idea of using DCF is sound enough,, but its unlikely you could get it all completed in 3 months ..6 months would be a better guessimate.
There is no such thing as a conditional American citizen.
Once you get your Green card..actually from the date of approval.. go forward 2 years and 9 months ..then you can apply for citizenship..
AOS is filed if you arrive by a different method ..If you use DCF that will not be neccessary.
You cannot sell up and walk straight in ..without the appropiate visa first..whether you are married or not..
A lot more learning to do....enjoy it ..
Old Aug 13th 2004, 9:06 am
Tod's Princess

Location: Me: Ghent, Belgium - Tod: Providence (Rhode Island), USA
Noortje is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ray6
i don't see any ranting and raving..But its not a good thing to criticize the American way if you want to get to live here.. Your idea of using DCF is sound enough,, but its unlikely you could get it all completed in 3 months ..6 months would be a better guessimate.
There is no such thing as a conditional American citizen.
Once you get your Green card..actually from the date of approval.. go forward 2 years and 9 months ..then you can apply for citizenship..
AOS is filed if you arrive by a different method ..If you use DCF that will not be neccessary.
You cannot sell up and walk straight in ..without the appropiate visa first..whether you are married or not..
A lot more learning to do....enjoy it ..
Why would DCF take 3 to 6 months nowadays? I'm in Belgium and the Embassy always told me it takes 5 to 6 weeks.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 10:32 am
Jadm

you are unlikely to get through DCF
    > totally in 12 weeks nowadays..

very TRUE
..and no you cannot to my knowledge become eligable for any kind of
residency while residing out of the USA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.