would they really turn me away?

Old Aug 13th 2004, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: would they really turn me away?

Originally Posted by Jadm
you are unlikely to get through DCF
    > totally in 12 weeks nowadays..

very TRUE
..and no you cannot to my knowledge become eligable for any kind of
residency while residing out of the USA.
Well, not sure how fast London is running nowadays, but I'd think the DCF route could take around 8-16 weeks, give or take. I think they slowed down quite a bit due to summer vacations and what not.

If you get approved via DCF route, then you do indeed enter the US with residency status. The status you have depends on how long you have been married when you enter the US on your visa. If you have been married less than 2 years, then you will obtain Conditional Permanant Residency (or CR-1 status). If you have been married more than 2 years, you enter with Permanant Residency (IR-1 status) and will obtain a 10 year Green Card.

If you enter with CR-1 status, then you will have to file the I-751 Removal of Conditions 21 months after you enter. Once this is approved, you can obtain a 10 year green card. If entering on an IR-1 status, you don't have to file the I-751.

Regardless of which status you get upon entering, I believe you are eligible to apply for US citizenship 2 years 9 months from the date you enter the US (this is all assuming you get the I-130 approved at the overseas consulate, a.k.a. DCF).
Old Aug 13th 2004, 1:20 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noortje
Why would DCF take 3 to 6 months nowadays? I'm in Belgium and the Embassy always told me it takes 5 to 6 weeks.
In Belgium..there is no residency requirement that the UK has to be got thru first...Its a very busy embassy ...unlike Belgium which has a total population of about 45 people...and 6 of them are on vacation
Old Aug 13th 2004, 1:26 pm
Tod's Princess

Location: Me: Ghent, Belgium - Tod: Providence (Rhode Island), USA
Noortje is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ray6
In Belgium..there is no residency requirement that the UK has to be got thru first...Its a very busy embassy ...unlike Belgium which has a total population of about 45 people...and 6 of them are on vacation
LOL...
Thanks for the chuckle, that was mighty funny. Well, I've been to the US Embassy here two times and you are right, it's not really THAT busy.

We have a population of about 10,000,000.
Very little, I know.

And another thing is... I see people here saying that they are waiting for package 3 or something with further instructions, but I got the instructions on the day my husband and I went to the Embassy to start the visa process with I-130. I guess that they approved of the I-130 process immediately, like they always do in Belgium.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

You will never qualify for US citizenship living in the UK. You have to live as a permanenemt resident married to a US citizen in the US. So this plan is ridiculous. So is your plan for 4 questions for a marriage visa. The US Gov does not care if you love your spouse. This is not a pre-requisite for a legitimate marriage.

Originally Posted by captainklutz
You know what? all that ranting and raving has made me realise something. Perhaps we dont need all the hassle. My wonderful lady is happy to come to the UK and live but I know she would miss her homeland if we stayed away too long. Her father died on July 4th and she tends his grave, but that brave, gutsy lady will give all that up for ME. She knows it will be easier to come to the UK, marry and settle. So perhaps we will do that for 2 years.

Unless Im much mistaken, after 2 years I qualify as a conditional American citizen dont I? All I have to do is file an AOS when we arrive? Therefore we pack our bags, sell up and walk straight in. Sure we have read this somewhere Im bound to be wrong so get the comments coming please

"The higher you build your barriers, the taller I become,
the further you move my rights away, the faster I will run....
something inside so strong" - Labi Sifre
Old Aug 13th 2004, 1:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You know what? all that ranting and raving has made me realise something. Perhaps we dont need all the hassle. My wonderful lady is happy to come to the UK and live but I know she would miss her homeland if we stayed away too long. Her father died on July 4th and she tends his grave, but that brave, gutsy lady will give all that up for ME. She knows it will be easier to come to the UK, marry and settle. So perhaps we will do that for 2 years.

Unless Im much mistaken, after 2 years I qualify as a conditional American citizen dont I? All I have to do is file an AOS when we arrive? Therefore we pack our bags, sell up and walk straight in. Sure we have read this somewhere Im bound to be wrong so get the comments coming please

"The higher you build your barriers, the taller I become,
the further you move my rights away, the faster I will run....
something inside so strong" - Labi Sifre

Boy are you off in your assumption of immigration procedures for the US.

Your mrs can live in the UK with you for 25 years and you will not have obtained any kind of status in the US. The only way to become a resident is for your mrs to file for your immigration visa and for you to interview for the visa. And to add to that your mrs. or someone else will have to show that they can support you financially while you are living in the US as a resident (with a host of variables attached to the support obligations).

Suggest you read a few of the URLs listed in the root post under my name. Your misconceptions could prove dangerous to your health and well being.

Rete
Old Aug 13th 2004, 11:54 pm
jmd
Just Joined

jmd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
You are a prime candidate for refusal of entry. Why? Because of all the reasons that you say you are going to tell them as to the reasons for wanting to come to the US. Add to that the pending I-129F for the K-1 (not K-2) that you have in Nebraska.

She's pregnant and due in December so have her contact her congressperson or Nebraska and ask for the I-129F to be expedited. Others in a similar situation used that as a reason for expedition and it worked for them.

Rete

OK im not gonna lie to the POE officail, like telling them im a bearded woman with the travelling circus...

But reading the above message, if i tell the truth then i risk getting turned around and sent back to the UK... so at the very least im going to have to withhold information. So i cant tell the truth, then in my book thats lying.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 11:59 pm
jmd
Just Joined

Trying to get my visa expidited is an entirely different matter, i am actually in the process of attempting this.

What my point is that as part of the visa waiver scheme, i have the right to come to the US and stay for 90 days, and that someone can just deny me entry because i have a fiancee and a baby on the way is just wrong.
Old Aug 14th 2004, 12:28 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmd
i have the right to come to the US and stay for 90 days.
You do?
Old Aug 14th 2004, 12:32 am
jmd
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
You do?
well dont i? (ok i know its not a "right")
i will be returning home before the 90 day limit, i have no criminal record, im not a terrorist, i pose not threat to anyone, im not going to cost the american tax payer a single cent... i just want to spend time with my fiancee.
Old Aug 14th 2004, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

I am confused. So your fiancee is the minor child of a K-1 applicant and you have impregnated her and applied for her own...something doesn't add up here...

Originally Posted by jmd
HI

me and my fiancee are in the process of applying for a K2 fiancee visa, currently in the waiting phase for somone sitting behind a desk in nebraska to process my fiancees form.

We have our first baby due in December, so what i want to do is go over there to visit, going early november and coming back january, basically using up all my 90 days that im allowed.

I know loads of people ask this question, and ive read alot of stuff...

but is it actually a possibility that the POE officer, after i have explain the purpose of my visit (to support my fiancee during pregancy, to see the birth of my son and then support them both (emotionally and physically) afterwards) that they will deny me entry and force me back to the UK??

It just seems ridiculous.

I also dont want to lie or do anything underhanded,
i would have to quit my job, and i dont have any rent payments or anything, so i would have no "evidence" of returning to the UK except my return ticket and knowledge that violating the waiver visa at this point will affect any future plans detrimentally.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 6:26 am
Hoosier daddy

captainklutz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Well, not sure how fast London is running nowadays, but I'd think the DCF route could take around 8-16 weeks, give or take. I think they slowed down quite a bit due to summer vacations and what not.

If you get approved via DCF route, then you do indeed enter the US with residency status. The status you have depends on how long you have been married when you enter the US on your visa. If you have been married less than 2 years, then you will obtain Conditional Permanant Residency (or CR-1 status). If you have been married more than 2 years, you enter with Permanant Residency (IR-1 status) and will obtain a 10 year Green Card.

If you enter with CR-1 status, then you will have to file the I-751 Removal of Conditions 21 months after you enter. Once this is approved, you can obtain a 10 year green card. If entering on an IR-1 status, you don't have to file the I-751.

Regardless of which status you get upon entering, I believe you are eligible to apply for US citizenship 2 years 9 months from the date you enter the US (this is all assuming you get the I-130 approved at the overseas consulate, a.k.a. DCF).
OMG MORE trouble I only get a 10 year green card??? So after settling down paying THOUSANDS in taxes, helping the American economy they split our family up and chuck me out? Is this right. Whats all this i hear about doing the citizenship thing and singing the national anthem and learning all the presidents then? Can I NEVER become a 'citizen'?

Old Aug 15th 2004, 6:51 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

OMG MORE trouble I only get a 10 year green card??? So after settling down paying THOUSANDS in taxes, helping the American economy they split our family up and chuck me out? Is this right. Whats all this i hear about doing the citizenship thing and singing the national anthem and learning all the presidents then? Can I NEVER become a 'citizen'?

Who said anything about chucking you out?

Once you get a 10-year green card (whenever that is), then all you have to do is get it renewed every 10 years. Some people have no interest in naturalizing, and if you fall into that category, this would be the path for you.

If you want to naturalize, then you can apply for that about 3 years or so after you get approved for (conditional) permanent residency.

I strongly suggest you check out the K1 Visa FAQ, as you are asking a lot of questions which are answered there:

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm

~ Jenney
Old Aug 15th 2004, 6:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmd
Trying to get my visa expidited is an entirely different matter, i am actually in the process of attempting this.

What my point is that as part of the visa waiver scheme, i have the right to come to the US and stay for 90 days, and that someone can just deny me entry because i have a fiancee and a baby on the way is just wrong.
You do not have the "right" to come to the US for any purpose whatsoever. If the US Government allows it they will let you enter for a vacation, a visit or business but you don't have the right to enter. Nor do I have the right as a US Citizen to enter your country. The entrance to a foreign country is a privilege not a right.

Rete
Old Aug 15th 2004, 7:01 pm
Concierge

Calm down. Geezus Murphy. The card expires in ten years not your status. That is because a new card needs to be made up with your physical likeness at the present. Like you might be bald and 200 lbs heavier in ten years and won't look anything like you did 9 years and 11 months earlier.

If you are unable to study and learn the civic history of the US, note that you can have a doctor proclaim that you have a mental deficiency and your test can be waived.

The US will allow mentall challenged and illiterate persons to become citizens.

Rete
Old Aug 15th 2004, 7:16 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
The US will allow mentall challenged and illiterate persons to become citizens.Rete
Great news... I can get my citizenship then... the voices never said that...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.