Is it worth calling USCIS?

Old Jul 23rd 2010, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Jack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really nice
Default Is it worth calling USCIS?

The link below states (from the horse's mouth) that the 15 day response time applies after receipt by USCIS of RFE info. I got notice from USCIS they received my info on July 6th, so here I am on day 17 with no word from them.
My questions is, has anyone been in a similar situation and called them up to quote their own statement?
Or is it best to sit tight and wait?
Do they get annoyed if they are questioned?
Just fed up now. Seems they are a law unto themselves and make it up as they go along
Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has been in the same situation.
Thanks.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 7:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it worth calling USCIS?

Don't know the answer, but thought it might be useful for others reading to know you're applying for an L1 visa.

Rene
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of light

Is it 15 days or 15 business days? I can never remember
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Jack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hubcaps
Is it 15 days or 15 business days? I can never remember
It's 15 calendar days, and according to wikipedia, a calendar day is any day in a month including weekends and holidays.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 7:56 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Probably day of receipt is the day it arrives on the right persons desk ...
3 days after it got there
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

You can try to get your $1000 back.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

mrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nice

my daughter used premium processing, and when she hadnt heard anything back by day 15 (after RFE received) she sent email to:
[email protected]
saying that as they hadnt responded, was she entited to money back?

Lol and behold the next day her case was updated online, but the date on notice was for the previous day, which was the 15th day
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 9:13 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack97
The link below states (from the horse's mouth) that the 15 day response time applies after receipt by USCIS of RFE info. I got notice from USCIS they received my info on July 6th, so here I am on day 17 with no word from them.
My questions is, has anyone been in a similar situation and called them up to quote their own statement?
Or is it best to sit tight and wait?
Do they get annoyed if they are questioned?
Just fed up now. Seems they are a law unto themselves and make it up as they go along
Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has been in the same situation.
Thanks.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD
Did you pay for premium processing? It is implied but you have not stated you did. I used it for my L-1A and got a response back 4 days after they had received it, but I did not get an RFE.

tht

Last edited by tht; Jul 23rd 2010 at 9:18 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tht
Did you pay for premium processing? It is implied but you have not stated you did.
Sorry, should have made that clear. Yes, I did pay for premium processing.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

StephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud of

In my experience, it is never worth calling USCIS!
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by StephieFaith83
In my experience, it is never worth calling USCIS!
Thanks
But could you explain why? Bad experience? Or just a waste of time as they don't / won't tell you anything?
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

StephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud of

With your premium processing, I think it's different. You actually get to speak to people that know stuff.

As for me, the times I've called the 1-800 I have no idea what I'm talking about line. It's basically just a call centre (numerous people I've spoken to have barely had a grasp on the English language) and they are obviously reading from a script. They have no access to anything apart from the same outdated information we can see on the Case Status system.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jack97
It's 15 calendar days, and according to wikipedia, a calendar day is any day in a month including weekends and holidays.
They took 15 business days with the RFE on our visas (o1/o3) - I've just checked with my husband.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 1:32 am
Just Joined

bobtail is an unknown quantity at this point

They took 8 days for my O1 visa. I assume you used a lawyer? He/she should be able to email the service and ask about the timescale you're experiencing.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point

It can be useful to call the USCIS if there happens to be some problem, glitch, or hiccup in the processing of your papers which you may or may not know about. If things are running smoothly within the given time guideline, oversight will not step in and you will just be told to wait. It can be useful to call the USCIS multiple times and ask the same questions in different ways. Always remain polite, courteous, yet methodical. Be pleasant from the outset of the connection with the operator. You are trying to get someone on the line who will look at the specific events and details of your timeline.

Back in the day, when I was waiting to be naturalized, calling the USCIS worked because I eventually got someone on the line who discovered a file request protocol error by the Atlanta district office. There was a trail of requests going out for my file to the Vermont service center, but the service center was ignoring those requests because Atlanta was improperly submitting them.

I learned not to call them for the first two hours they're open or the last two hours before closing. I purchased a headset so that I could walk around and do other tasks while pressing redial. After getting a ringtone, the wait time varied between 12 - 55 minutes. I don't know if things are any different now that the year is 2010, but back in the days of 2001 and 2002, I needed to allow almost two hours to complete a phone call to the USCIS from start to finish.

Originally Posted by StephieFaith83
With your premium processing, I think it's different. You actually get to speak to people that know stuff.

As for me, the times I've called the 1-800 I have no idea what I'm talking about line. It's basically just a call centre (numerous people I've spoken to have barely had a grasp on the English language) and they are obviously reading from a script. They have no access to anything apart from the same outdated information we can see on the Case Status system.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.