Work Permit Renewal

Old Aug 7th 2010, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

VanessaR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Permit Renewal

So, It is going to be 1 year since I got my work permit.
It expires by the end of August.
Do I need to file another I-765 and pay the fee again? Will I have to do this every year?

I appreciate the help in advance.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 12:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Permit Renewal

What application is your I-765 based on? Regardless, yes you will have to apply for a new I-765 and should have done that 90 days before it expires so there is no gap.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

VanessaR is an unknown quantity at this point

It is based on marriage to an US citizen.
So, I'm already behind, because my work permit expires on Aug 30th. This means I'll have to stop working til I get my new permit, right?

Thanks for the help
Old Aug 7th 2010, 4:50 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VanessaR
So, It is going to be 1 year since I got my work permit.
It expires by the end of August.
Do I need to file another I-765 and pay the fee again? Will I have to do this every year?

I appreciate the help in advance.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=11

You said in October of last year that you became a Permanent Resident. Since that time, your green card is your evidence of employment authorization. You should make a copy of your EAD and put it away in a safe place and either destroy or surrender your EAD to a USCIS office.

edit: You should read this article, which was lifted from the USCIS site: Now That You Are A Permanent Resident. It explains what your new status is, and some important things you need to know.