Work permit on E3d

Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:58 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Work permit on E3d

Can a E3d visa holder apply for a SSN in US?I mean is it the employment authorization in itself?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:10 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work permit on E3d

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Can a E3d visa holder apply for a SSN in US?I mean is it the employment authorization in itself?

The E3D is not employment authorized incident to status, and only the spouse may apply for an EAD.
The EAD is required for the SSN application.

google is magical.

Under Section 101(a)(15)(E) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, the dependent spouse, but not the child, of an E-3 nonimmigrant may apply for work authorization. As with the spouse of an L visa holder, the law specifically mentions “spouse” and notably does not mention “child” in describing the E-3 holder’s dependents who are eligible.

The E-3D spouse files Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
along with evidence of the marriage relationship and with evidence of his or her spouse’s E-3 principal status.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Smurt,

Where have you been. We (may be not all !) missed you.

C'mom you should have known a bit better before posting that.
900+ posts and in US on E-3 and you did not know about EAD
and E-3D.....hmmm..

So how is it going .....
Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:50 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Work permit on E3d

Originally Posted by E3only
Smurt,

Where have you been. We (may be not all !) missed you.

C'mom you should have known a bit better before posting that.
900+ posts and in US on E-3 and you did not know about EAD
and E-3D.....hmmm..

So how is it going .....
EAD is another 1-3 months story,its a way by USCIS to collect another $400 and then social security number follows. Why dont they give work authorization directly as they do on E3 without charging another EAD application fees?
Old Sep 12th 2008, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

EAD is another 1-3 months story,its a way by USCIS to collect another $400 and then social security number follows. Why dont they give work authorization directly as they do on E3 without charging another EAD application fees?
Better than H1B dependant buddy....she atleast gets to work !

Remember you are in US, so gotto play by their rules. ... yes 90 days EAD is what I have heard on the forum....should have thought about all this before you left ?
Old Sep 12th 2008, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Better than H1B dependant buddy....she atleast gets to work !

Remember you are in US, so gotto play by their rules. ... yes 90 days EAD is what I have heard on the forum....should have thought about all this before you left ?
You are very opinionated about E3s considering you don't actually have one!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by augigi
You are very opinionated about E3s considering you don't actually have one!
Hmm,
Does it mean I can not have a say ? There are plenty on the forum who are USC or from UK or what have you they dont have e-3 either

Nah - for me, it's an opportunity. H1B or E-3 - I will take anything LOL...what I was saying was, Smurt was whinging about the process, well there are people who are on H1b (3 of my cousins) and their spouses can not work. .... ... so he is lucky that e3d can atleast work...
Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:20 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm,
Does it mean I can not have a say ? There are plenty on the forum who are USC or from UK or what have you they dont have e-3 either

Nah - for me, it's an opportunity. H1B or E-3 - I will take anything LOL...what I was saying was, Smurt was whinging about the process, well there are people who are on H1b (3 of my cousins) and their spouses can not work. .... ... so he is lucky that e3d can atleast work...
i think she meant smurt
Old Sep 13th 2008, 2:13 am
Banned

Hmm,

Nah there is no whinging about the process its a fact that E3D cannot work until authorized to do so.So before formal work authorization and its approval its same like H4. Again its upto USCIS to approve or reject or put in pending any request for authorization.On this forum some people have faced authorization rejection on E3D because they have not correctly answered Question No. 16 on employment authorization form(I-765).

The fact is that Question 16 of I-765 for E3D is not covered by "Instruction For Completing Form I-765" provided on the USCIS website.
(It only covers E1/E2 but no E3D there)
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765instr.pdf

Last edited by smurtaza; Sep 13th 2008 at 2:24 am.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Nah there is no whinging about the process its a fact that E3D cannot work until authorized to do so.So before formal work authorization and its approval its same like H4. Again its upto USCIS to approve or reject or put in pending any request for authorization.On this forum some people have faced authorization rejection on E3D because they have not correctly answered Question No. 16 on employment authorization form.
True, USCIS does say that the spouse 'may' apply and get approved for work rights.

They get approved, declines may be due to lack of information. Just have to stick it out for 90 days ?
Old Sep 13th 2008, 2:20 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Again its upto USCIS to approve or reject or put in pending any request for authorization.
You sound a lot like RTI.

On this forum ...
And not on this forum also!

... some people have faced authorization rejection on E3D because they have not correctly answered Question No. 16 on employment authorization form.
That's because those people didn't read the instructions! If they had bothered to read the instructions, they would have had the correct answer!

Ian
Old Sep 13th 2008, 2:31 am
Banned

True, USCIS does say that the spouse 'may' apply and get approved for work rights.

They get approved, declines may be due to lack of information. Just have to stick it out for 90 days ?
The fact is that Question 16 of I-765 for E3D is not covered by "Instruction For Completing Form I-765" provided on the USCIS website.
(It only covers E1/E2 but no E3D there)
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765instr.pdf
Old Sep 13th 2008, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

That's ok. Perfect example where you can take some advice from knowledgeable people here?