Wondering....

Old Apr 5th 2001, 10:57 pm
Daisy

We filed for AOS in January of 2001. I sent in my last three years tax returns for
97, 98, and 99. Do you think there might be a possibility that they might want a new
affidavit of support? Would it be worth my while to have a new one made up just in
case to save time? Or do you think I'll even need another one?

Daisy

Old Apr 5th 2001, 11:40 pm
Rete

You will have to update it at the least by bringing in the years 2000 and 2001 (if
you have it) to the interview. Normally I would suggest a new I-864 if you have
changed employers or if your foreign spouse wishes to include their income on the
I-864 as well.

Rita

>
    >
that
    >
    >
even
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 6th 2001, 12:29 am
RJLiles

When is your interview projected to be or do you already have a interview date?

If it is still a year or more away don't worry about it right now. You can update the
tax forms at the interview and if you want you can bring a new I-864 just in case,
they would want to see new tax returns anyway to show you are living together,
provided you filed joint.

>
    >
that
    >
    >
even
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 6th 2001, 1:34 am
Daisy

He hasn't started work yet, and yes we do have our 2000 return copies that we filed
jointly, should I have them notarized? I'll bring them with us, and hopefully that's
all they will need. Thanks Rita!

Daisy

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

>
    >
    >
    >
to
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 6th 2001, 1:36 am
Daisy

>

Our AOS interview is for April 19th, just a few weeks away.

>
    >
can
    >
    >
    >

We did file jointly for the 2000 return, and will have a notarized copy with us at
the interview, that should be OK right?

Daisy

>
    >

[usenetquote2]> > We filed for AOS in January of 2001. I sent in my last three years tax returns[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > for 97, 98, and 99. Do you think there might be a possibility[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > they might want a new affidavit of support? Would it be worth my while[/usenetquote2]
to
[usenetquote2]> > have a new one made up just in case to save time? Or do you think I'll[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > need another one?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Daisy[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old Apr 6th 2001, 1:36 am
RJLiles

They do not need to be notarized.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > You will have to update it at the least by bringing in the years 2000[/usenetquote2]
and
[usenetquote2]> > 2001 (if you have it) to the interview. Normally I would suggest a new I-864 if[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > you have changed employers or if your foreign spouse wishes to include their[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > income on the I-864 as well.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Rita[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > | We filed for AOS in January of 2001. I sent in my last three years[/usenetquote2]
tax
[usenetquote2]> > | returns for 97, 98, and 99. Do you think there might be a possibility[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > that[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > | they might want a new affidavit of support? Would it be worth my[/usenetquote2]
while
    >
[usenetquote2]> > | have a new one made up just in case to save time? Or do you think[/usenetquote2]
I'll
[usenetquote2]> > even[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > | need another one?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > |[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > | Daisy[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old Apr 6th 2001, 1:40 am
RJLiles

I would not worry about a new I-864, but if it makes you feel more comfortable bring
a new one.

>

[usenetquote2]> > When is your interview projected to be or do you already have a[/usenetquote2]
interview
[usenetquote2]> > date?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > If it is still a year or more away don't worry about it right now. You[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > update the tax forms at the interview and if you want you can bring a[/usenetquote2]
new
[usenetquote2]> > I-864 just in case, they would want to see new tax returns anyway to[/usenetquote2]
show
[usenetquote2]> > you are living together, provided you filed joint.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
with
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > > We filed for AOS in January of 2001. I sent in my last three years[/usenetquote2]
tax
[usenetquote2]> > > returns for 97, 98, and 99. Do you think there might be a possibility[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > they might want a new affidavit of support? Would it be worth my[/usenetquote2]
while
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > have a new one made up just in case to save time? Or do you think[/usenetquote2]
I'll
[usenetquote2]> > > need another one?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Daisy[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old Apr 6th 2001, 2:36 am
Jer & Missy

[usenetquote2]> > When is your interview projected to be or do you already have a[/usenetquote2]
interview
[usenetquote2]> > date?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > If it is still a year or more away don't worry about it right now. You[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > update the tax forms at the interview and if you want you can bring a[/usenetquote2]
new
[usenetquote2]> > I-864 just in case, they would want to see new tax returns anyway to[/usenetquote2]
show
[usenetquote2]> > you are living together, provided you filed joint.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
with
    >

You don't need to have the tax return notarized. The IRS doesn't require this, so the
INS isn't expecting it when you show them your tax returns. Just simple copies of
your tax returns as filed with the IRS will do.

--
Jer & Missy Our Visa Site: http://my.voyager.net/~hockeybabe/visasite/ POE Rolling
List: http://www.k1poelist.com/

>
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > > We filed for AOS in January of 2001. I sent in my last three years[/usenetquote2]
tax
[usenetquote2]> > > returns for 97, 98, and 99. Do you think there might be a possibility[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > they might want a new affidavit of support? Would it be worth my[/usenetquote2]
while
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > have a new one made up just in case to save time? Or do you think[/usenetquote2]
I'll
[usenetquote2]> > > need another one?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Daisy[/usenetquote2]

Old Apr 6th 2001, 3:18 am
alise

Hi, We also filed for AOS in January and i was the sponsor and i sent in my tax forms
for `97,`98` and `99 and we got through ok, I go pick up my green card on Wednesday
and the same day i leave for home on advance parole. But i guess it will all come
down to which office you use, we used Arlington Va office. Good luck.

writes:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 6th 2001, 3:20 am
alise

Hi, We also filed for AOS in January and i was the sponsor and i sent in my tax forms
for `97,`98` and `99 and we got through ok. My husband goes to pick green card on
Wednesday and the same day we leave for his home in the UK on advance parole. But i
guess it will all come down to which office you use, we used Arlington Va office.
Good luck.

writes:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 6th 2001, 3:41 am
RJLiles

What do you mean "you are picking up your green card"? They normally mail the green
card to you.

>
my
    >
green
    >
    >
we
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >We filed for AOS in January of 2001. I sent in my last three years tax returns for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >97, 98, and 99. Do you think there might be a possibility[/usenetquote2]
that
[usenetquote2]> >they might want a new affidavit of support? Would it be worth my while[/usenetquote2]
to
[usenetquote2]> >have a new one made up just in case to save time? Or do you think I'll[/usenetquote2]
even
[usenetquote2]> >need another one?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Daisy[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

eb -----

groups

>
[email protected]

Old Apr 6th 2001, 6:20 am
alise

>
    >

I got my advance parole thru the mail and i got a letter saying i had to go into
Arlington office on Wednesday.

Old Apr 6th 2001, 6:45 am
RJLiles

Ahhhh. Then that would be to pick up the AP. If you already have the AOS and
was getting the GC then you would have the I-551 stamp in the passport and not
need the AP.

>
[usenetquote2]> >What do you mean "you are picking up your green card"? They normally[/usenetquote2]
mail
[usenetquote2]> >the green card to you.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
go
    >
    >
    >

eb -----

groups

>
[email protected]

Old Apr 6th 2001, 7:43 am
Sandy Gonzalez

Daisy, It really depends on when you have your final interview scheduled. If more tax
years have gone by then most likely they will ask you for an updated one. When you
get your appointment letter for the final AOS interview, go have a new one notarized
just in case. I've seen people say they didn't get the stamp that day because they
needed a new affadavit of support. Then they had to send it to INS and THEN get the
stamp at a later date. So yes, it will save you time, but don't fill it out right
now. your AOS interview could be next year and then you'll need a new one.

Sandy the newlywed.......almost 2 months

Old Apr 6th 2001, 8:19 am
Tatyana

if you're the person applying for the AOS, do you also have to give them the past 3
years worth of tax receipts from your originating country?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.