Default Wonder why he got deported?

What do you make of this? Wonder why he got deported? The artical did point out
that he was out of status when he got married could this be grounds for him to
be deported?

http://www.billingsnews.com/story?storyid=2151&issue=75

Old May 29th 2002, 7:20 am
Andy Platt

Default Re: Wonder why he got deported?

You didn't read the article carefully enough. It explains exactly what the situation
is - and, by the way, it's a total disgrace but what do we expect?! Anyway, the basic
issue is that he had married someone here, that marriage fell through, married this
other person and the INS denied the adjustment of status because they believed it was
entered into fraudulently. They ordered him removed. Subsequently the appeal on the
AOS was approved (something to do with clerical errors) but they still deported him
because he had overstayed the removal notice.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. "Hodgetts"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > What do you make of this? Wonder why he got deported? The artical did
point
    > out that he was out of status when he got married could this be grounds
for
    > him to be deported?
    >
    > http://www.billingsnews.com/story?storyid=2151&issue=75

Mrtravel

Interesting snipits of racism in the comments at that site. Especially from the idiot
to stupid to know that Mr. Fox is REALLY the president of 'The United Mexican
States'. The official name is "Estados Unidos de Mexicanos"

Normally people aren't normally deported for being out of status when they get
married. But if he had been here for 19 years, how long had he been out of status? It
sounds like INS said he got married 5 years ago to avoid deportation. Someone
approved the AOS without noting he should have been deported.

So, it seems they have been been married after a deportation order was issued.

It is interesting that people willingly will violate the law, then scream bloody hell
when they are forced to deal with the penalties. Interesting comment in the article
regarding the Constitution and Bill of Rights. He had been in the US illegally. Due
process resulted in being deported.

The article is also incorrect about another issue. It claims he can never return to
the US if she dies. Why not?? At 21, his US Citizen son can file a I-130. How does he
lose the house he is building and the business equipment? Can't they be sold?

Yes, I know his wife is dying... I also know that if he wasn't legally here, he could
have established his business and residence in Germany a long long time ago. If he
needs to, I am sure he can gather enough sypathy to get his wife to Germany.

Hodgetts wrote:
    >
    > What do you make of this? Wonder why he got deported? The artical did point out
    > that he was out of status when he got married could this be grounds for him to be
    > deported?
    >

Michael Voight

I still am unsure about the timeline here. He was in Billings for 19 years. I assume
he filed for AOS after he married his last wife 5 years ago.. BUT... What was his
status for the prior 14 years?

Andy Platt wrote:
    >
    > You didn't read the article carefully enough. It explains exactly what the
    > situation is - and, by the way, it's a total disgrace but what do we expect?!
    > Anyway, the basic issue is that he had married someone here, that marriage fell
    > through, married this other person and the INS denied the adjustment of status
    > because they believed it was entered into fraudulently. They ordered him removed.
    > Subsequently the appeal on the AOS was approved (something to do with clerical
    > errors) but they still deported him because he had overstayed the removal notice.
    >
    > Andy.

Old May 29th 2002, 10:06 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Read the article but it is too sketchy to really know what the true reason was for the deportation order. It is not the first time INS has pulled a boo-boo like this. Was it only last year that they ordered an entire Russian family with green cards deported from Brooklyn?

R
Old May 29th 2002, 10:20 am
Queen

Very easy for you to say MrTravel. Put yourself in his shoes, if your wife were
dying, wouldn't you want to be by her side??? Whats stopping the INS from even giving
him visiting visa of a couple of days to say bye to his wife! gathering enough
sympathy to get his wife to Germany!! Get REAL!!!

mrtravel <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Interesting snipits of racism in the comments at that site. Especially from the
    > idiot to stupid to know that Mr. Fox is REALLY the president of 'The United Mexican
    > States'. The official name is "Estados Unidos de Mexicanos"
    >
    > Normally people aren't normally deported for being out of status when they get
    > married. But if he had been here for 19 years, how long had he been out of status?
    > It sounds like INS said he got married 5 years ago to avoid deportation. Someone
    > approved the AOS without noting he should have been deported.
    >
    > So, it seems they have been been married after a deportation order was issued.
    >
    > It is interesting that people willingly will violate the law, then scream bloody
    > hell when they are forced to deal with the penalties. Interesting comment in the
    > article regarding the Constitution and Bill of Rights. He had been in the US
    > illegally. Due process resulted in being deported.
    >
    > The article is also incorrect about another issue. It claims he can never return to
    > the US if she dies. Why not?? At 21, his US Citizen son can file a I-130. How does
    > he lose the house he is building and the business equipment? Can't they be sold?
    >
    > Yes, I know his wife is dying... I also know that if he wasn't legally here, he
    > could have established his business and residence in Germany a long long time ago.
    > If he needs to, I am sure he can gather enough sypathy to get his wife to Germany.
    >
    >
    > Hodgetts wrote:
    > >
    > > What do you make of this? Wonder why he got deported? The artical did point out
    > > that he was out of status when he got married could this be grounds for him to be
    > > deported?
    > >
    > > http://www.billingsnews.com/story?storyid=2151&issue=75

Old May 29th 2002, 10:20 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Michael Voight
I still am unsure about the timeline here. He was in Billings for 19 years. I assume
he filed for AOS after he married his last wife 5 years ago.. BUT... What was his
status for the prior 14 years?
Which is why I said the article is too sketchy. He is a resident of Billings for 19 years but only married to a USC for the last five. His first wife is listed as German-born but nothing is noted that she is/was a USC. Did they both live in Billings together? Under what status if both are foreigners? Is the son from his first marriage? If so and he is an American citizen, then he was born in the US or to at least one USC parent. Or is he the son of his second wife and the husband considers him a son. If he had lived and worked in the US for 14 years (19 minus the 5 of marriage to a USC) then he was here illegally and 14 years is a lifetime ban.

I still feel more details are needed to understand the whys and wherefores.

R
Old May 29th 2002, 12:20 pm
Jjoe

google.com search reveals:
http://www.russndee.net/scandals/sch...l_custody.html Any
thoughts???? joe

"Hodgetts" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > What do you make of this? Wonder why he got deported? The artical did
point
    > out that he was out of status when he got married could this be grounds
for
    > him to be deported?
    >

Old May 29th 2002, 12:50 pm
Aangiela

>There is no indication that she can't travel to Germany.

The article stated that she was diagnosed with lung cancer and that she was about to
undergo extensive chemotherapy. I don't know if you have ever experience witnessing
someone going through treatment for cancer, especially lung cancer. Lung cancer
spreads very quickly, and is rarely treatable. Her illness alone will make her
unable to travel to Germany, not to mention how much more ill she will become once
she starts treatment. It is very likely that she will only have a few short months
to live. People with lung cancer often develop fatal pnemonia after they begin
treatment. They don't die from the cancer, but from the pnemonia because the chemo
kills all of their white blood cells. So, yes, there was something in the artical
that stated that she can't travel to Germany.

Old May 29th 2002, 1:20 pm
Mrtravel

Queen wrote:
    >
    > Very easy for you to say MrTravel. Put yourself in his shoes, if your wife were
    > dying, wouldn't you want to be by her side??? Whats stopping the INS from even
    > giving him visiting visa of a couple of days to say bye to his wife! gathering
    > enough sympathy to get his wife to Germany!! Get REAL!!!

There is no indication that she can't travel to Germany. He had been under
deportation proceedings before they were even married. This means he had already been
told he was supposed to leave. Yet, he got married and stayed...He milked the system
for 5 or 6 years after he was told to leave. When he was told to leave, he had
probably long ovestayed his E Visa. He should stand in line behind the people that
are suffering and have followed all of the rules. I have sympathy yes, but don't feel
he should be more entitled to be here than people who have LEGALLY tried to come here
to be with their spouses. Where's the newspaper articles for them????

Old May 29th 2002, 4:20 pm
James Donovan

mrtravel <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > If he needs to, I am sure he can gather enough sypathy to get his wife to Germany.

I am sure it doesn't take that much money either. Clearly some families are only
united when they come to the United States.

Old May 29th 2002, 4:20 pm
James Donovan

[email protected] (Queen) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Very easy for you to say MrTravel. Put yourself in his shoes, if your wife were
    > dying, wouldn't you want to be by her side???

We are walking the thin line between the INS doing its job and the INS being unfair
on humanitarian grounds. If the INS gave an inch to one person, every illegal would
jump the fence and demand a mile, because it is their "right".

I also hated the racist comments on the website. Why do white people feel that they
should be treated specially? Didn't they see the tons of illegals from other
countries deported and barred, never to return? INS does NOT care whether you are
white or not. Plain and simple. Furthermore, if he was out of status for 19 years,
and his wife is a US citizen, why is he only now applying to legalize his status?
Something is very fishy here.

Old May 30th 2002, 3:20 am
Andrew Defaria

James Donovan wrote:

> We are walking the thin line between the INS doing its job and the INS being unfair
    > on humanitarian grounds. If the INS gave an inch to one person, every illegal would
    > jump the fence and demand a mile, because it is their "right".

Don't need to give them an inch! They already do this!

> I also hated the racist comments on the website. Why do white people feel that they
    > should be treated specially?

Why do black people feel they should be treated specially? Or handicapped? Or <insert
your favorite "oppressed"/"different"/"minority grouping" here>?

> Didn't they see the tons of illegals from other countries deported and barred,
    > never to return?

Ah, that wouldn't be something that you would see.