Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Will inappropriate Affidavit for birth certificate cause any delay in AOS / EAP?

Wikiposts

Will inappropriate Affidavit for birth certificate cause any delay in AOS / EAP?

Old Oct 31st 2004, 2:23 am
Just Joined

waiting2407 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Will inappropriate Affidavit for birth certificate cause any delay in AOS / EAP?

I applied for AOS/EAD/AP based on marriage in Feb 2004. No approval yet. I was hoping my EAD would be approved in the next 1-2 months. Recently I realized that the affidavit for birth certificate I submitted was not appropriate based on their guidelines.

My questions:

1- Should I submit the birth certificate now? or should I wait for their request?

2- Will this delay EAD or AOS or both?

Thanks for any input.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 2:34 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will inappropriate Affidavit for birth certificate cause any delay in AOS / EAP?

Originally Posted by waiting2407
1- Should I submit the birth certificate now? or should I wait for their request?
Wait for the RFE. If you send the BC now, you may just confuse them further.

If they don't send an RFE, then no. Otherwise, yes - but there's not much you can do about it now. Reports indicate that USCIS is starting to speed up the process so the delay may not be all that long.

Ian
Old Oct 31st 2004, 2:40 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will inappropriate Affidavit for birth certificate cause any delay in AOS / EAP?

I applied for AOS/EAD/AP based on marriage in Feb 2004. No approval yet. I was hoping my EAD would be approved in the next 1-2 months. Recently I realized that the affidavit for birth certificate I submitted was not appropriate based on their guidelines.

My questions:

Thanks for any input.
Hi:

Bring it to the interview. BTW, whose B/C are you talking about?
Old Oct 31st 2004, 2:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I am talking about my birth certificate (beneficiary). Initially I thought I could not get a birth certificate, and I submitted an affidavit (not notorized), also did not submit a certificate from my home country stating that it is not available. Now, I am reading some materails that it is definitely not acceptable.

Thanks for any input.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 2:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

My questions:

Thanks for any input.
Hi,

By "affidavit for birth certificate" do you mean the translation? What is it you think you did wrong? Eight months is a long time to wait for the AP and EAD. Depending on where you live, eight months is not unusual to hear back for the AOS. Are you saying you have gotten no NOAs at all for any of these?

Rene
Old Oct 31st 2004, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute

My husband's home country had gone all electronic so they did not have birth certificates - the info was just "in the system". We had his mom write an affidavit saying she is his mother and he was born on [date] in [place], and that birth certificates are not done in [country]. It was not notarized. We were not given an RFE and adjusted successfully.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 7:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi,

By "affidavit for birth certificate" do you mean the translation? What is it you think you did wrong? Eight months is a long time to wait for the AP and EAD. Depending on where you live, eight months is not unusual to hear back for the AOS. Are you saying you have gotten no NOAs at all for any of these?

Rene
I see you answered some of my questions, thanks. But after 8 months you still haven't even gotten NOAs for the EAD, AP, or AOS? That's very unusual.

Rene
Old Oct 31st 2004, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: Will inappropriate Affidavit for birth certificate cause any delay in AOS / EAP?

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I see you answered some of my questions, thanks. But after 8 months you still haven't even gotten NOAs for the EAD, AP, or AOS? That's very unusual.

Rene
I received NOAs. Notice date March 23, 2004. My concern at this point is my birth certificate. Do you think I should submit the birth certificate now (I just got it), or wait?
Old Oct 31st 2004, 9:25 am

I received NOAs. Notice date March 23, 2004. My concern at this point is my birth certificate. Do you think I should submit the birth certificate now (I just got it), or wait?
I think you should wait for an RFE for it. From what I understand, it's difficult for them to match up a document with the rest of your case file once it's gone into the hands of the USCIS. Still, 7 months is a long time for the AP and EAD to process! I'm assuming the NOAs came from MSC, right? What local office are you using? You might try making an info-pass appointment and looking into it in person. 7 months is a long time. Did you at least go do the biometrics?

Rene
Old Nov 1st 2004, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: Will inappropriate Affidavit for birth certificate cause any delay in AOS / EAP?

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Folinskyinla:

Don't you think INS (MSC) generates an RFE for birth certificate correction before sending my file to local office for interview?

Please respond. Thanks.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 3:40 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Folinskyinla:

Don't you think INS (MSC) generates an RFE for birth certificate correction before sending my file to local office for interview?

Please respond. Thanks.
Hi:

Don't have a clue. LOS still is NOT using MSC.