Will I get in?

Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

mrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to all
Default Re: Will I get in?

Originally Posted by Lilyella
I would take evidence of all you've got except the debt stuff, I don't know that it would help and as you say, it might hurt! But proof of a job, a car and investments in the UK will all help, although there are of course no guarantees...and don't show anything unless you're asked.
Thanks Yilella, I will
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:25 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrburgess187
Have you heard about a lot of people being denied on here Ray? Any advice from yourself?
It does happen ...you have to remember that the average American
get 2 or 3 week vacation time .. It can be difficult for them to understand
how people can get away so long ...
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

mrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fatbrit
You're certainly in for a trip to secondary. You should plan what you're going to do when they say no. Because it's more than a possibility.
Do u know of many people this has happened to fatbrit? What are the rules?

They told me I should be in my country more than theres. I was there for 3 months and have been back for 3 months. What do they judge it on. Will they such my luggage? Will they interview my mum?
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
It does happen ...you have to remember that the average American
get 2 or 3 week vacation time .. It can be difficult for them to understand
No i totally understand that. But what if I am not employed though? I am also doing further research for my student show too. (I do have a job just taking a leave of absence)
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

They told me I should be in my country more than theres.
That is the general rule.

I was there for 3 months and have been back for 3 months.
So far, so good.

What do they judge it on.
We would tell you... if we knew! There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. The officer will let you in for as long as he sees fit... or not. A lot depends on whether the person had a fight with his spouse that morning, whether he ate a good breakfast, whether he got schtupped the night before, whether he's tired... got a headache... a back ache... there really isn't any way to know for sure. It is completely subjective.

Will they such my luggage? Will they interview my mum?
Yes to both... they have that right, and the only way to avoid either with absolute certainty is to not travel.

Ian
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:05 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Why did you apply for a B visa?
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:23 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Do u know of many people this has happened to fatbrit? What are the rules?

They told me I should be in my country more than theres. I was there for 3 months and have been back for 3 months. What do they judge it on. Will they such my luggage? Will they interview my mum?
You have no rights whatsoever (except that we did learn some while back that in one circuit (not Boston) there's a right to sue them for damages if they decide to beat you up). It's all at the whim of the POE officer, or more likely his/her supervisor. Be incredibly polite, take evidence of ties to UK.....and that's about it. Neither funny handshakes nor secret code words have been shown to work.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:00 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

I am going to Boston, Chicago & Los Angeles on March 15th with my Mum for 9 days, I am then going to stay with friends for 4 weeks in Los Angeles before returning back to England. Our flights are booked.

However, I recently applied for a B1/B2 visa and was denied it due to a lack of commitment to the UK. Now I am worried because I have to check yes on the waiver they won't let me in.

I was on a J1 from May 06-07 and have been back on 2 VWP the last half of 07.

Thanks

Symon
Hi:

You will have no problem whatsover entering the United States IF the CBP inspector at the Port of Entry admits you. If not, then you go home on the next flight, no harm, no foul except being out the plane fare.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:30 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
.. It can be difficult for them to understand
Or why someone would live on credit cards for 6+ months (are you MAD, man?!)

They told me I should be in my country more than theres. I was there for 3 months and have been back for 3 months.
You were NOT 'here' for 3 months, you were here for 6 months, and that was on top of a year long J-1 exchange. You will piss them off if you take that kind of logic.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can never work out if it is a deliberate ploy by the POE to tell people to apply for a B. Do they realise that most will be refused? I have seen too many posts not to believe that this happens frequently. And it makes little difference even if you get one as to whether you will be admitted.

I would make sure that I had in my luggage a letter from my Employer noting the date of my return and a few recent pay slips.

But however you look at it, it is a gamble. I cancelled my Car Insurance from the US, had forgotten to do it, and I had plans to get my Brother to sell my car, luckily I sold it just before I moved.

As a matter of interest, how do you buy a property with a minus assets of GBP17,000.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

scatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud of

There is no guarantee that you will get in, but that applies to all that try and enter the USA. The final determination to allow entry rests solely with the officer at the POE

If you come on the VWP you must tick the YES box that states have you ever been denied a visa, you may well be taken for secondary questioning so should takes proof of strong social, emotional , family and financial ties with your home country
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scatty
There is no guarantee that you will get in, but that applies to all that try and enter the USA. The final determination to allow entry rests solely with the officer at the POE

If you come on the VWP you must tick the YES box that states have you ever been denied a visa, you may well be taken for secondary questioning so should takes proof of strong social, emotional , family and financial ties with your home country
i am curious why for such a short visit u applied for a B visa in the first place..... can u elaborate
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of people seem to think having a B visa in hand gives them more right of entry than the VWP.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Manc
Why did you apply for a B visa?
Because the last time I went though the Officer, some nice lady who to be fair was really quite friendly said if I plan on coming a lot or staying for a while then I should get one. She said it was obvious I wansn't trying to stay and being british helped a lot.

So I did and now I feel an Idiot. I think they do it on purpose
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

Wink Re: Will I get in?

Originally Posted by meauxna
Or why someone would live on credit cards for 6+ months (are you MAD, man?!)

You were NOT 'here' for 3 months, you were here for 6 months, and that was on top of a year long J-1 exchange. You will piss them off if you take that kind of logic.
Not mad, just figured I live once and I have plans, that debt will be cleared before long!

What can I say, I had a good time. At the end of the day, I am helping them boost their economy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.