Old Sep 2nd 2003, 1:38 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will I ever fly again?

http://www.bice.gov/graphics/press/stat090203.htm
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 2:24 pm
Wales is next to England

Gasherjohn is an unknown quantity at this point

...but if they put BCIS staff on planes couldn't they spend all that time processing the paperwork of the people on the plane rather than hanging around waiting for terrorists to appear?

John
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

BeachBunny is an unknown quantity at this point

I was glad to see that my DH wasn't on the Alien 10 most wanted!
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by BeachBunny
I was glad to see that my DH wasn't on the Alien 10 most wanted!
Blimey! Wouldn't want to meet any of those up a dark alley.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 3:55 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Gasherjohn
...but if they put BCIS staff on planes couldn't they spend all that time processing the paperwork of the people on the plane rather than hanging around waiting for terrorists to appear?

John
Hi:

Although they are both in DHS, the notation is about BICE and not BCIS. I've seen several BICE investigative reports and have been quite "impressed" with their poor quality. I have it on good authority that the FBI agents hate working with immigration inspectors -- they screw up so bad that they often can't get convictions against "snakeheads" and other immigration parasites.

BTW, your line about Wales being next to England -- it reminds me of that line for the movie "Sing My Song" about New York being the next parish west of Ireland.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 3:59 am
Wales is next to England

Default OT - Most Wanted Aliens

Are they the most wanted? I am not belittling the offences they committed but the worst was second degree murder and most involved unpleasant acts against children.

Admittedly, I wouldn't want to meet any of them in a dark alley but I really expected the most wanted list to comprise of mass murderers and terrorists.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 4:10 am
Wales is next to England

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
BTW, your line about Wales being next to England -- it reminds me of that line for the movie "Sing My Song" about New York being the next parish west of Ireland.
I think that is probably very true about NY and Ireland. I will find out this weekend as I am going there..... hopefully I won't meet any of the people on the most wanted list, particularly after what I said above!

One point about Wales. I still find some irony that in this area (NJ, PA etc), with so many Welsh place names, most of the people here need it explained that Wales isn't part of England

John
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 4:13 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I think that is probably very true about NY and Ireland. I will find out this weekend as I am going there..... hopefully I won't meet any of the people on the most wanted list, particularly after what I said above!

One point about Wales. I still find some irony that in this area (NJ, PA etc), with so many Welsh place names, most of the people here need it explained that Wales isn't part of England

John
Don't feel bad John! I used to grit my teeth when the local weather forecaster for AFN (Armed Forces Network, like SSVC) used to refer to " the state of New England". Didn't go over well with this Yankee!!
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 4:29 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

John

You mean that you are coming to NY this weekend? If you want a true taste of Ireland go to the Riverdale and Woodlawn sections in the Bronx and you will hear the lilting brogue of thousands of Irishmen and women in the streets, the shops and the pubs. You will find hard to find Irish foodstuffs in all the markets, Irish Butchers who offer prepared dinners of bangers and mash daily, and each neighborhood will have a pub that is frequented by the former residents of the county it's owner is from. You will be asked if you are a first time patron what county you are from before you are allowed to order.

Enjoy

Rete
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

John
Trouble is that most of Wales has been turned into England, the language and culture has been absorbed. And all the decent rugby players were wasted in league.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 5:31 am
Wales is next to England

Default Definitely OT

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Trouble is that most of Wales has been turned into England, the language and culture has been absorbed. And all the decent rugby players were wasted in league.
I really mustn't rise to that bait scrumpy. It's true that many parts of Wales have lost the language and culture including, at times, the capital city but if you venture further west or north you will find that the Welsh heritage is still alive and thriving and not just because of the enforced bilingualism.

I was really amused, coming to the USA, to find that I hadn't left bilingualism behind and I wonder how long it will be before all the road signs here have to be in English and Spanish.

As for the comment about the rugby players being absorbed into league, that may have been true in the past and, no doubt, some would say that there haven't been any decent players in Wales for a while but I can assure you that rugby is still thriving in Wales and the foundations are solid. My son is captain of the local youth team and the enthusiasm amongst the youngsters is as strong as ever..... as long as it isn't coached out of them!

Rete, the New York Irish event sounds great. I am not sure we will be heading for the Bronx but if we do then I'll brush up on my Irish counties before I go as, welcoming though the Irish are to us Welshmen, I don't think Sir Gaerfyrddin is on the list of Irish Counties.

I will be attending a free concert on Saturday afternoon in Greenwich Village by a choir touring from the UK and if anyone is interested I can give you more information.

John
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Was not laying any bait. Went to Colwyn Bay last season, and the most common accent along there was Scouse. Shame, would much rather hear a lilting Welsh tone to the rough Scouse accent on a lady.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 7:22 am
Wales is next to England

Was not laying any bait. Went to Colwyn Bay last season, and the most common accent along there was Scouse. Shame, would much rather hear a lilting Welsh tone to the rough Scouse accent on a lady.
OK, maybe not that far north.... and they don't play rugby that well up there either but they have had a few good soccer players
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

OK, maybe not that far north.... and they don't play rugby that well up there either but they have had a few good soccer players
They don't play football up there either lol. Havant & Waterlooville romped home 2-0.

Just as an aside, you can tell how weird the world has got when Wales beat Italy at football, but lose to them at rugby like last season !
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 10:31 am
Wales is next to England

Default OT Ymlaen (Onward)

They don't play football up there either lol. Havant & Waterlooville romped home 2-0.

Just as an aside, you can tell how weird the world has got when Wales beat Italy at football, but lose to them at rugby like last season !
I am working on accepting the new meaning of the word "football" over here in the USA. When Man Utd played soccer in Philly recently a sports expert on TV afterwards said "You can keep soccer because we have football"

I am more of a soccer fan myself so with Wales and Cardiff City playing well I am more tolerant of the current weaknesses of the rugby team.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.