Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Whooooo, 2 great letters in one day!!!!!

Whooooo, 2 great letters in one day!!!!!

Old Jan 25th 2001, 1:14 pm
RJLiles

In picking up the mail I had two letters, one from INS and one from the VFW (Veterans of
Foreign Wars).

INS first. It is a letter with an appointment date of 03/01/2001 1000 AM. Reason,
Application For Adjustment Of Status. I can only assume based on the content of the letter
that this is the AOS for my wife. It is hard to believe being as they had a 30+ month
waiting time.

According to the letter these are the items to bring (It also says "This interview will be
video taped).

1. This letter, Your Passport, Your I-94, if any.
2. If you submitted copies of documents, you must bring the originals, including the birth
certificate of your children. (about 4 months to early for that )
3. If based on marriage, your spouse must appear with verifiable photo id. (No problem)
4. If based on marriage, please provide evidence of residence and shared life, (I.E.
current tax returns, bills, lease, bank acct) (No prob, I filed joint tax returns and
added her to the lease this month, we all ready have a joint bank account.)
5. If family based, please provide a current letter of employment for the beneficiary
and/or petitioner.
6. If you are submitting documents not previously submitted, please bring the originals
and copies. Copies will not be provided.)

I have to admit I am surprised and amazed that the AOS is going to be so soon. We just
filed the AOS 5 OCT 00. I am glad though but had hoped it would happen after the 2nd
wedding anniversary so we would get the 10 yr GC, but I am not complaining.

Now for the second letter which is OT. (Off Topic)

I have been invited to join the Veterans of Foreign Wars. Joining the VFW has always been
a dream of mine (since I was a kid and saw my dad in his VFW cap, he served in the Korean
War) and I never thought it would ever become a reality. I have been a member of the
American Legion for 3 years now but being a member of the VFW is like a dream come true.
For me it is more exciting then my wife's AOS interview. But I guess one would have to be
a Veteran and proud to have served our Country in a time of conflict to understand that.

Anyway I am totally honored to finally be selected as a member of the VFW and be a part of
a group of men and women who have received a campaign ribbon or medal and served their
country honorably overseas during hostile conditions.

I have curtailed my involvement in this NG for personal reasons but I will continue to
update any new developments with our INS journey for those that are keeping score and
maybe have their own AOS pending with the Atlanta District Office.

Cheers, RJ

Old Jan 25th 2001, 1:36 pm
Michael Voight

Why did you have to wait for an invitation?? Couldn't you just go to
http://vfw.org/member/onlineapp.shtml and join??

Michael

RJLiles wrote:
>
>
> I have been invited to join the Veterans of Foreign Wars. Joining the VFW has always
> been a dream of mine (since I was a kid and saw my dad in his VFW cap, he served in the
> Korean War) and I never thought it would ever become a reality.

Old Jan 25th 2001, 2:21 pm
Rita

Congratulations. What great news on both fronts. I understand about the VFW, Dad is
a member since his return from WWII back in 1949. Still selling poppies at the age
of 85 ))

Three great things in your life in 2001; baby; greencard for wifey; and VFW membership.
Life can be good.

Rita

Old Jan 26th 2001, 12:45 am
RJLiles

You know Michael, you really are about the most inane poster and complete doufus that I
have had the un-pleasure of knowing. You are a typical router engineer, no personality and
no common sense. A complete nitwit that can only do one thing and has no life outside of
their routers or computers.

Did it ever occur to you that I have other things to do besides look ever little thing up
on the Internet? I could have stopped by the local VFW post which is on my way home and
applied there but I happen have other priorities at the moment but since you only think in
1s and 0s you would not understand that.

> Why did you have to wait for an invitation?? Couldn't you just go to
> http://vfw.org/member/onlineapp.shtml and join??
>
> Michael
>
> RJLiles wrote:
> >
> >
> > I have been invited to join the Veterans of Foreign Wars. Joining the
VFW
> > has always been a dream of mine (since I was a kid and saw my dad in his
VFW
> > cap, he served in the Korean War) and I never thought it would ever
become a
> > reality.

Old Jan 26th 2001, 5:27 am
christine_rosalee

My sincere and heartfelt congratulations to you!!

Old Jan 28th 2001, 4:17 pm
Grinch

See ya Liles.
>
> You asshole.

Another fine post from cutie. For those that do not know, Cutie is a scottish twat who
overstayed a tourist visa, panicked, E mailed everyone with questions, got all the help he
needed then decided to become a fat troll.

Grinch

Old Jan 28th 2001, 4:32 pm
Grinch

> See ya Liles.
> >
> > You asshole.

Further to the last message I posted to dickface, has anyone noticed how he never
responds to me.

Obviously too clever for him He likes to pick on smaller fry.

Grinch

Old Jan 29th 2001, 12:30 am
RJLiles

Another sign of your high intelligence level.

> See ya Liles.
>
> You asshole.

Old Jan 29th 2001, 12:59 am
Andy Platt

Sounds like Atlanta are doing a quick AOS for K1ers deal.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

> In picking up the mail I had two letters, one from INS and one from the
VFW
> (Veterans of Foreign Wars).
>
> INS first. It is a letter with an appointment date of 03/01/2001 1000 AM. Reason,
> Application For Adjustment Of Status. I can only assume based on the content of the
> letter that this is the AOS for my wife. It is hard to believe being as they had a 30+
> month waiting time.
>
> According to the letter these are the items to bring (It also says "This interview will
> be video taped).
>
> 1. This letter, Your Passport, Your I-94, if any.
> 2. If you submitted copies of documents, you must bring the originals, including the
> birth certificate of your children. (about 4 months to
early
> for that )
> 3. If based on marriage, your spouse must appear with verifiable photo id. (No problem)
> 4. If based on marriage, please provide evidence of residence and shared life, (I.E.
> current tax returns, bills, lease, bank acct) (No prob, I
filed
> joint tax returns and added her to the lease this month, we all ready have
a
> joint bank account.)
> 5. If family based, please provide a current letter of employment for the beneficiary
> and/or petitioner.
> 6. If you are submitting documents not previously submitted, please bring the originals
> and copies. Copies will not be provided.)
>
> I have to admit I am surprised and amazed that the AOS is going to be so soon. We just
> filed the AOS 5 OCT 00. I am glad though but had hoped it would happen after the 2nd
> wedding anniversary so we would get the 10 yr
GC,
> but I am not complaining.
>
> Now for the second letter which is OT. (Off Topic)
>
> I have been invited to join the Veterans of Foreign Wars. Joining the VFW has always
> been a dream of mine (since I was a kid and saw my dad in his
VFW
> cap, he served in the Korean War) and I never thought it would ever become
a
> reality. I have been a member of the American Legion for 3 years now but being a member
> of the VFW is like a dream come true. For me it is more exciting then my wife's AOS
> interview. But I guess one would have to be a Veteran and proud to have served our
> Country in a time of conflict to understand that.
>
> Anyway I am totally honored to finally be selected as a member of the VFW and be a part
> of a group of men and women who have received a campaign ribbon or medal and served
> their country honorably overseas during hostile conditions.
>
> I have curtailed my involvement in this NG for personal reasons but I will continue to
> update any new developments with our INS journey for those
that
> are keeping score and maybe have their own AOS pending with the Atlanta District Office.
>
> Cheers, RJ

Old Jan 29th 2001, 6:52 am
RJLiles

I remember a few months back someone posted that Atlanta had new management and that they
were going to attempt to process the AOS applications within 6 months. Maybe this is true
now since I filed in Oct 00 and at that time they said the waiting time was 30-36 months.

> Sounds like Atlanta are doing a quick AOS for K1ers deal.
>
> Andy.