Wikiposts

whoo hoo! AOS approved today!

Old Oct 26th 2004, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

no-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really nice
Thumbs up whoo hoo! AOS approved today!

My wife and I went to the interview today and she was approved! She's now a conditional permanent resident. ;-) She should get her greencard in about a week.

We filed our papers about March of 2004. The interview went great, about 20 minutes long.

The only thing unusual was the officer asked for a current proof of employment paper, on business letterhead, since we filed in March. We had that with us but he may have also accepted payroll check stubs. Our interview experience was almost the same as what another person posted this week on the message board on britishexpats.com.
Thanks to everyone with advice and tips!

Last edited by no-spam; Oct 26th 2004 at 12:45 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 12:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whoo hoo! AOS approved today!

Originally Posted by no-spam
My wife and I went to the interview today and she was approved! She's now a conditional permanent resident. ;-) She should get her greencard in about a week.
Congratulations!

Ian
Old Oct 26th 2004, 12:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. If she gets in the card in a week, I will eat the bag of Halloween candy all by myself in one hour ;-)

BTW did you post your experience on the kamya site? It is listed after my name.

Thanks.

Rete

We filed our papers about March of 2004. The interview went great, about 20 minutes long.

The only thing unusual was the officer asked for a current proof of employment paper, on business letterhead, since we filed in March. We had that with us but he may have also accepted payroll check stubs. Our interview experience was almost the same as what another person posted this week on the message board on britishexpats.com.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 1:55 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Where did you file through?
Seems a nice fast journey for you.
Congrats
Patrick
Old Oct 26th 2004, 2:58 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Oct 26th 2004, 3:15 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!
Marnee
Old Oct 27th 2004, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Rukhie is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!!!! We're Feb2004 and not even an EAD...hehehe...go figures!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rete
Congratulations. If she gets in the card in a week, I will eat the bag of Halloween candy all by myself in one hour ;-)
And I'll eat the bag that the candy came in.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

no-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really nice

I think it is not a question of "IF" I receive the card .
The officer who interviewed us in Indiapolis, he told us that they were printing out the card that same day or the next day and he assumed that I will receive the card in about one week or two weeks. He also added that in case there is a delay with getting the card, I should not worry because my case was approved.
It is a question of "WHEN" I receive the card.
I know that every time line is subject to change and it might take longer or it might not.
When did you have your interview ?
Did you already receive your "conditional" or "unconditional" green card ? How soon after the interview did you receive it ?

Let's share that bag of Halloween candy ! ;-)

We didn't post our interview experience on the kamya site. We'll do that this week.
The only thing that was weird to me was that the officer didn't put that i-551 stamp in my passport and my passport is valid for almost 1 year and half longer. He took only my I-94 card and he wrote on it approved and then he stamped it and wrote something else on it too.
He didn't ask me to surrender my EAC nor my AP..so ??

BTW did you post your experience on the kamya site? It is listed after my name.

Thanks.

Rete
Old Oct 27th 2004, 5:39 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

I think it is not a question of "IF" I receive the card .
The officer who interviewed us in Indiapolis, he told us that they were printing out the card that same day or the next day and he assumed that I will receive the card in about one week or two weeks. He also added that in case there is a delay with getting the card, I should not worry because my case was approved.
It is a question of "WHEN" I receive the card.
I know that every time line is subject to change and it might take longer or it might not.
When did you have your interview ?
Did you already receive your "conditional" or "unconditional" green card ? How soon after the interview did you receive it ?

Let's share that bag of Halloween candy ! ;-)

We didn't post our interview experience on the kamya site. We'll do that this week.
The only thing that was weird to me was that the officer didn't put that i-551 stamp in my passport and my passport is valid for almost 1 year and half longer. He took only my I-94 card and he wrote on it approved and then he stamped it and wrote something else on it too.
He didn't ask me to surrender my EAC nor my AP..so ??

Maybe fast green cards are a side effect of the fact that they did not stamp the passport Let's hope so
Patrick
Old Oct 27th 2004, 5:45 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Rene
Old Oct 28th 2004, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

The case status at uscis.gov now says:

On October 26, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

On another topic, I noticed some changes to the main page at USCIS.gov. Seems like they are making an effort to talk in plain english and explain things. For example, the reminder not to travel without advance parole.

Last edited by no-spam; Oct 28th 2004 at 5:10 am.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 5:15 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

The case status at uscis.gov now says:

On October 26, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

On another topic, I noticed some changes to the main page at USCIS.gov. Seems like they are making an effort to talk in plain english and explain things. For example, the reminder not to travel without advance parole.
I got that on the bottom of my I-485 acceptance letter,,, stated VERY clearly not to travel without AP and the problems that it would cause if you did, was quite surprised that if this was on all letters, how anyone could think they could travel without AP.
Patrick
Old Oct 31st 2004, 8:30 am
Brenda Ballard

where did you file the aos and where was your interview?

Old Oct 31st 2004, 9:51 am

maximus76 is on a distinguished road

Rete
Actually I got my GC in one week after getting approved
i thought it was amazing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.