Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Who has recently applied for U.S citizenship?

Who has recently applied for U.S citizenship?

Old Nov 12th 2018, 10:21 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who has recently applied for U.S citizenship?

Originally Posted by dh010447
Atlanta, GA. Applied in January 2018, Biometrics in February. Apparently they are still 'Actively' working on my case with an estimated completion time of July 2019. That would be 17 month in total to complete a 2 week FBI background check, schedule an interview, talk to me and schedule the oath ceremony.

Well - I guess there is no hurry. They can take as long as they like, just hoping its completed in time for the next presidential election
That's good to know. There's a member on here who filed and was approved at ATL in 8 months = he filed in November of 2017 though. If his schedule holds up, I would expect you to hear something any time now. Otherwise I am in for a long way as a May filer!
Old Nov 13th 2018, 1:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Naturalizing will be speeding up soon. Probably will start to see quicker movement come the spring of 2019. This is normal when a presidential election year is looming ever closer. The big push will come in 2020, of course, but the need for speed for start in a few months.
Old Nov 13th 2018, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute

USCIS N400 received/pending data for last two fiscal quarters reported:
Third Quarter (Apr-Jun), reported Oct 30 2018
Second Quarter (Jan-Mar), reported July 30 2018
Old Nov 13th 2018, 11:58 pm
Permanent Legal Resident

AndyEODV8 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEODV8 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEODV8 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEODV8 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEODV8 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEODV8 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEODV8 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEODV8 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEODV8 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEODV8 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEODV8 has a reputation beyond repute

WHen you guys applied for citizenship, was it 3 years from the day you go at married or 3 years from the day you received your green card? For me I will of been in the states 3 years as of March 26 2019. Married 3 years as of 22 April 2019 and green card holder 3 years from the 18 August 2019 with a 18 month extension of conditions still holding.
When would you recommend on applying for citizenship which I need to do for work. This is in California. Thanks for the replies in advance.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyEODV8
WHen you guys applied for citizenship, was it 3 years from the day you go at married or 3 years from the day you received your green card? For me I will of been in the states 3 years as of March 26 2019. Married 3 years as of 22 April 2019 and green card holder 3 years from the 18 August 2019 with a 18 month extension of conditions still holding.
When would you recommend on applying for citizenship which I need to do for work. This is in California. Thanks for the replies in advance.
I believe the condition is that you have been a PR for 3 years, the USCIS helpsheet is not too well laid out but one of the first eligibility questions it asks is 'have you been a PR for ... 5, 3 or fewer years.' In your case that'd be 18th August 2019 LESS 90 days because of the early filing option.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 1:22 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyEODV8
With which visa did you enter the USA? Sounds liked you entered the USA in March 2016, got married in April 2016, and got your green card in August 2016? Did you enter on a K-1 and then your AOS only took 4 months after marriage? That's really quick!

Rene
Old Nov 19th 2018, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

pejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond repute

I'm planning on applying next year ( I got my GC through work in 2015, but I got married to a USC in 2016, so I'll hit the 3 year requirement in Sep next year). I had a couple of questions...

1) As far as I can tell, my case is about as straight forward as I can imagine. Moved from London in 2007, L1B to H1B to GC, married to a USC, no arrests, overstays etc.....is it easy enough to navigate the N400 process myself, or shall I get an immigration attorney? All immigration issues so far have been handled by my previous employer, so I've never really had to do anything aside from showing up at the consulate in Toronto, embassy in London, getting my physical exams etc...if it's pretty easy then I'd rather avoid the cost of an attorney, but I don't want to risk screwing it up if it's difficult.

2) I currently live in Colorado but am planning on moving back to the East Coast eventually. If I apply through the local service center (Denver), is it possible for it to be transferred to a different service center? Or will I have to come back to Denver when it comes to finalizing the whole process? Am trying to understand the best route to take considering the Denver service center states a wait time of up to 17 months (i.e. should I wait until I'm somewhere that I'll definitely be for at least a year or so before applying.
Old Nov 19th 2018, 4:13 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

1) No attorney required. It's very simple.

2) You need to reside in the jurisdiction of the Service Center to which the application is submitted for at least 90 days before the application is made. So if you intend to move, I would wait until after the move and the 90 days have elapsed. If you apply in Denver, you will need to attend Denver for both the interview and the oath ceremony.
Old Nov 19th 2018, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

pejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
1) No attorney required. It's very simple.

2) You need to reside in the jurisdiction of the Service Center to which the application is submitted for at least 90 days before the application is made. So if you intend to move, I would wait until after the move and the 90 days have elapsed. If you apply in Denver, you will need to attend Denver for both the interview and the oath ceremony.
Thanks. Hypothetically, if I did want to apply in Colorado just to get the ball rolling, and then I moved back to NYC, will my case still just be processed as usual? Can I just file a change of address when I move, and head back to Colorado for the interview and oath? Or does it require that I stay resident in Colorado? The plan is to move back eventually, but obviously life can be unpredictable.
Old Nov 19th 2018, 4:51 pm
Often not so civil...

Honestly I am not sure what would happen in this case, although I question if the Field Office/Service Center would have jurisdiction over your case any longer and therefore could it even naturalize you?

I would await others opinion on that one.
Old Nov 19th 2018, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pejp
Thanks. Hypothetically, if I did want to apply in Colorado just to get the ball rolling, and then I moved back to NYC, will my case still just be processed as usual? Can I just file a change of address when I move, and head back to Colorado for the interview and oath? Or does it require that I stay resident in Colorado? The plan is to move back eventually, but obviously life can be unpredictable.
Just google it and you will come up with answers like this:

https://www.njimmigrationattorney.co...0-issues.shtml

https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...tizenship.html
Old Nov 25th 2018, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Gooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really nice

Thanks to the original poster for this thread... just what I was looking for. After 10 years as a GC holder, I filed N400 yesterday.

I was pretty surprised at the 16 month completion projection but sounds like that’s not unusual given the timeframes others on this string were given when they applied. Hopefully it’s quicker.

Out of interest, and this may be a silly question, but how do you know which office it’s getting processed by? Or does it relate to where you live? (Chicago for me) I filed online and didn’t see where my case would be sent to.

Thanks.
Old Nov 25th 2018, 11:23 pm
Often not so civil...

Yes it's based on your location. If Chicago is the only one in IL, then yours will indeed be processed there.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Interview scheduled for February 25th in Montgomery, AL.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 9:36 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit confused. I received a notice a couple of weeks back saying that my i751 application (filed August 2017, yes I'm still waiting...) has been transferred to NBC. Could that be because I've now filed my N400? (filed in September 2018).

There obviously aren't any processing times for i751s at NBC... The reason I'm interested is because we're heading back to the UK for a visit in a few months, and I'd much rather have my 10 year green card in hand when we do that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.