Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Who has recently applied for U.S citizenship?

Who has recently applied for U.S citizenship?

Old Mar 1st 2019, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who has recently applied for U.S citizenship?

I have just been into myaccount to switch off the monthly ''nothing new to report' emails.

Whilst in there I noticed that the estimated date of completion for my naturalization case is April 2019, despite the fact that the last update on the case is for my oath date back in January....
I shall conclude my naturalization journey by saying that the electronic side of the process quite possibly causes more angst than the pre-internet days when you were left in the dark until the postie dropped the latest paperwork in your mailbox!
Old Mar 1st 2019, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zzrmark
I have just been into myaccount to switch off the monthly ''nothing new to report' emails.

Whilst in there I noticed that the estimated date of completion for my naturalization case is April 2019, despite the fact that the last update on the case is for my oath date back in January....
I shall conclude my naturalization journey by saying that the electronic side of the process quite possibly causes more angst than the pre-internet days when you were left in the dark until the postie dropped the latest paperwork in your mailbox!
I just did the same thing. Was hoping the online system would say something like "Congratulations" but no....
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dh010447
I just did the same thing. Was hoping the online system would say something like "Congratulations" but no....
...you got a tiny flag on a stick, what more were you expecting?
Old Mar 5th 2019, 11:59 am
Just Joined

nclarke1899 is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied for US Citizenship in May2017 and finally got sworn in January 2019. I applied via the Orlando, Fl Field office. My i751 was pending, and was supposed to have been interviewed for that along with my N400 (April 2018), but the officer wasn't aware both were required. So I was left waiting, eventually I contacted by congress person, who helped expedite things. I found Infopass appointments to be a waste of time.
Old Mar 6th 2019, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nclarke1899
I applied for US Citizenship in May2017 and finally got sworn in January 2019. I applied via the Orlando, Fl Field office. My i751 was pending, and was supposed to have been interviewed for that along with my N400 (April 2018), but the officer wasn't aware both were required. So I was left waiting, eventually I contacted by congress person, who helped expedite things. I found Infopass appointments to be a waste of time.
It took you NINE MONTHS to go from interview to oath ? That's absurdly long . AFAIK, there's an existing legal precedent that the USCIS is obligated to decide within 120 days of interview, past which they can be legally compelled to make an immediate determination.

There were some corner cases where travel or other activities before interview triggered more background checks that extended the final oath notification. Hard to say what causes it - I had travel to 3-4 countries between application and interview, but I got an approval at interview and was notified later that night of an oath date scheduled for a week after interview.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 3:24 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I've just received notification that my interview has been scheduled so assuming it will be in April or May I might actually be done within the 12 month estimate. I better get swatting up on the civics stuff now as I put it off due to politicians changing etc. Now to find out who this Trump fella is people keep talking about.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

nclarke1899 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ye it took 9 months following my interview, which I was originally approved at. I was advised that they actually don't have to give you notice within 120 days if the processing time was still within the correct timeframe. Mine was moved from CSC to another department, even though the new department had a longer wait time than at the CSC. It was a complete and utter shambles from start to finish, I am glad I decided to contact my congressperson, I just wish I had a few months before
Old Mar 26th 2019, 5:52 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Scheduled for an interview in Atlanta in the last few minutes, so presumably the end of next month, but can't see the letter yet.
Old Mar 26th 2019, 5:55 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Scheduled for an interview in Atlanta in the last few minutes, so presumably the end of next month, but can't see the letter yet.
My letter was uploaded about 4 hours after I got the notification so you'll probably find out sometime today. My interview is April 18th so I got just over a month to prepare.
Old Mar 26th 2019, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
My letter was uploaded about 4 hours after I got the notification so you'll probably find out sometime today. My interview is April 18th so I got just over a month to prepare.
My interview was very easy. First went over the formalities of swearing to tell the truth. Was asked 3 or 4 questions about the original application: Have you ever voted, claimed to be a US citizen, that sort of thing.

Take the online practice test until you can get 100% consistently. The test is not multiple choice. They will ask the question and you provide the answer. I got all 6 correct so didn't go on. I believe you have to get 6 out of 10 correct to pass.

The written test consisted of writing on a tablet. My sentence was "We pay taxes". My handwriting is bad normally. Writing on a tablet made it worse but it was accepted.

Was then told I had passed and would be recommended for naturalization. Then had to sign some documents on the tablet. Made sure to take time to read them before signing just for effect.

Web site updated later that day saying the oath ceremony had been scheduled. Letter appeared next day.
Old Apr 1st 2019, 3:14 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Just got the alert that an N400 interview has been scheduled. Will check the account this PM to see if the letter is uploaded. I applied August 2018 online and assume interview will be Hartford CT office.
Old Apr 1st 2019, 3:16 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Took 48 hours for mine to show up online. 4/30. There is an oath ceremony 5/10 according to the court information online, that might be too soon after the interview, but we shall see if they can make a decision that day.
Old Apr 1st 2019, 6:54 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Took 48 hours for mine to show up online. 4/30. There is an oath ceremony 5/10 according to the court information online, that might be too soon after the interview, but we shall see if they can make a decision that day.
Nice, I think they do them in 3 cities in CT on different on the 1st 2nd and 3rd Friday each month. Time to study up... the linked USA.gov website still has Malloy as Governor even though Ned has been in Jan.... there is a note saying to check local sites as it may not have been updated because of the shutdown...

Last edited by tht; Apr 1st 2019 at 6:56 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 8:24 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I'm really frustrated.

Applied for I751 roc in August 2017, N400 submitted September 2018.

We're traveling to the UK in a couple of months so I was hoping we'd have our 10 year green cards in hand by then. The i751 wait finally fell outside the normal processing times so I submitted a query. The response was that the i751 and N400 would be adjudicated at the same time (completely understand this) and to check my local field office for processing times.

Dallas is currently running at 19-21 months for N400s and, when I spoke to an officer at the Dallas office (had to arrange an infopass to get the i551 stamp) he told me that I'd shot myself in the foot by not waiting until my i751 was approved before applying for citizenship, and that I'd be waiting a long time. Grrr.

Ok, rant over.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 10:33 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
Just got the alert that an N400 interview has been scheduled. Will check the account this PM to see if the letter is uploaded. I applied August 2018 online and assume interview will be Hartford CT office.
I’m in Fairfield County and my interview was in Hartford. Haven’t heard of any elsewhere, though they do offer the ceremony at a few locations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.