Where do we start!!

Old Oct 31st 2005, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do we start!!

What do you suggest then Silver,
Someone give us something good to go on.
Or is it really that ridiculously hard ????????
Old Oct 31st 2005, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Silverdragon102]
Originally Posted by kato33

for investment it will involve a large amount of $$$$$$$ but if you manage that then it is possible but with the investment visa there is no chance I believe of a greencard and if business fails you would have to leave quickly

I wish you well and hope it works out for you
I believe its around £600,000 and enough work for 10 employees.
Old Oct 31st 2005, 12:01 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kato33]
Originally Posted by CarlM
Just telling you how it is. Search these forums for the daily "We just got back from Florida and now we want to live there.. " brigade. Theres plenty, and we havent yet heard back from anyone who managed it.

Thanks Carl for being honest with me.
This was my first port of call and its been of great help.
I have been told its difficult by numerous people but nothing is impossible.
You could divorce him and marry a yank! That would get you here fairly quick!!
Old Oct 31st 2005, 12:06 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

An E-2 visa can be got for an investment in a business
of around $150k or more.
http://www.investorvisausa.com/index.html
Old Oct 31st 2005, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Talking Re: Where do we start!!

[QUOTE=CarlM]

You could divorce him and marry a yank! That would get you here fairly quick!!
Now we're talking.
Bloody good idea that.
Anyone available then......................
Old Oct 31st 2005, 12:30 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Where do we start!!

[QUOTE=kato33]
Originally Posted by CarlM

Now we're talking.
Bloody good idea that.
Anyone available then......................
Not immediately, but take a number..
Old Oct 31st 2005, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

yes it is very hard to get into the US
Old Oct 31st 2005, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
An E-2 visa can be got for an investment in a business
of around $150k or more.
http://www.investorvisausa.com/index.html

here is a good idea to look into
Old Oct 31st 2005, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

kato

What's wrong with Canada or Australia? Both these countries have lots of jobs for long-distance truck drivers, and both are far more receptive to British applications. I'm not sure the US is worth all the hassle. I have considered it because I like the country very much, and I stand a good chance of getting in, but as many of these OPs have mentioned, it IS a lot of hard work getting in on the right visa, and even harder trying to settle.

So why not consider one of these other countries? They are both descended from the Anglo-Saxon model, they both are English speaking, they are both actively recruiting hundreds of thousands of people a year, they both have good healthcare programmes, and they don't require you to buy entire businesses to get in.

Good luck with what you choose to do

T.
Old Oct 31st 2005, 4:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Although we liked Florida, to be honest its the people and life of the yanks that we loved. I have wanted to leave England for a while now (18 months) but my better half will only go to an English speaking country, mainly because of the childrens education. We really want to be gone from here within the next 5 years. Surely this should give us enough time to achieve whats needed from us e.g investment, to get us there.
try canada, NZ, South Africa, Oz....all a lot easier to achieve and speak English...

The E2 investment visa doesn't directly lead to a greencard, which means when you retire you've got to leave, your kids will need to get their own visa's when they are 21, if the business goes under you'll have to leave...
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Talking Re: Where do we start!!

Originally Posted by tableland
kato

What's wrong with Canada or Australia? Both these countries have lots of jobs for long-distance truck drivers, and both are far more receptive to British applications. I'm not sure the US is worth all the hassle. I have considered it because I like the country very much, and I stand a good chance of getting in, but as many of these OPs have mentioned, it IS a lot of hard work getting in on the right visa, and even harder trying to settle.

So why not consider one of these other countries? They are both descended from the Anglo-Saxon model, they both are English speaking, they are both actively recruiting hundreds of thousands of people a year, they both have good healthcare programmes, and they don't require you to buy entire businesses to get in.

Good luck with what you choose to do

T.
Well funny you should mention those countries.
Just recieved a few bits in the post and was quite shocked to find that of the 210,000 immigrants entering the usa in 2004 only 1.36% were from the UK.
Whereas Aus is crying out for people. Plus I have family there so maybe your right. It seems Aus could be just the place to bring up our little bratts.
Usa was my husbands first choice because we felt as if it was home from home. We didn't feel like an outsider at all and absolutely loved the yanks.
But if its going to be so hard that the whole experience dampens our spirits then I will take your advice and look towards Aus/NZ
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Well funny you should mention those countries.
Just recieved a few bits in the post and was quite shocked to find that of the 210,000 immigrants entering the usa in 2004 only 1.36% were from the UK.
Whereas Aus is crying out for people. Plus I have family there so maybe your right. It seems Aus could be just the place to bring up our little bratts.
Usa was my husbands first choice because we felt as if it was home from home. We didn't feel like an outsider at all and absolutely loved the yanks.
But if its going to be so hard that the whole experience dampens our spirits then I will take your advice and look towards Aus/NZ
Hi again

I'm not saying forget the US, but simply look into these other countries. Australia seems the best bet as a lot of the NZ immigration system seems to revolve round getting a job offer first, whereas Australia you can just apply from here with no offer. Also of course Australia is much larger and has a larger population, and therefore more jobs. Many NZers go to Australia for work, which says a lot to me, at least.

Also Australia has a more comprehensive healthcare plan than the US, and the Australian Government actually gives its citizens paid annual leave by law, something which the US does not, believe it or not.

As for fitting in, you shouldn't have any trouble with Aussies. Your statistic of 1.36% of US immigrants being British is interesting - certain Australian cities like Darwin and Perth have enormous percentages of British people in them. I think Darwin alone might be something near 20%.

This website has excellent advice in this area on the "Australia" and more specifically "Australia Immigration" sections.

For more specific advice type DIMIA into Google. This is the Australian Government Immigration Department. You can take online points tests here and find everything you need.

Best of luck

T.

Last edited by Tableland; Nov 1st 2005 at 9:06 am.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Thumbs up Re: Where do we start!!

Originally Posted by tableland
Hi again

I'm not saying forget the US, but simply look into these other countries. Australia seems the best bet as a lot of the NZ immigration system seems to revolve round getting a job offer first, whereas Australia you can just apply from here with no offer. Also of course Australia is much larger and has a larger population, and therefore more jobs. Many NZers go to Australia for work, which says a lot to me, at least.

Also Australia has a more comprehensive healthcare plan, and the Australian Government actually gives its citizens paid annual leave by law, something which the US does not, believe it or not.

This website has excellent advice in this area on the "Australia" and more specifically "Australia Immigration" sections.

For more specific advice type DIMIA into Google. This is the Australian Government Immigration Department. You can take online points tests here and find everything you need.

Best of luck

T.
Thank you very much T.
You give very good advice and I am extremely grateful. Will check out all you say and let you know how we get on.
Its sounding more for us by the minute.

Cheers
Kato33
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 12:24 am
In God We Trust

UKzeus is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=kato33]
Originally Posted by Kermy
On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:58:57 +0000, BritGuyTN
<member11802@british_expats.com> wrote:

Cheers Kermy,
Although we liked Florida, to be honest its the people and life of the yanks that we loved. I have wanted to leave England for a while now (18 months) but my better half will only go to an English speaking country, mainly because of the childrens education. We really want to be gone from here within the next 5 years. Surely this should give us enough time to achieve whats needed from us e.g investment, to get us there.
Ok wake up call we applied for our visa in 1992, we got our visa's issued in 2005 so 5 years is a pipe dream unless you can succeed in a investor's visa
otherwise look towards Canada or Australia
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 12:50 pm
Voltron Beta 2

Become a physiotherapist or some other highly in demand professional,
the key to successful immigration is to find whatever they need in the
destination country and fulfill that requirement. Your capitalism-101,
basically.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.