Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

When will ins start issuing k1 spouse visas?

When will ins start issuing k1 spouse visas?

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 12:20 pm
Ashish Tambar

Hi everyone, Does anyone has any info. about the recent change in K1 spouse visa? By when
will ins start issuing k1 visa to spouses of US citizens and how long this visa processing
time takes? Thank you, Ashish

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 1:01 pm
MDUdall

Hi everyone,
>Does anyone has any info. about the recent change in K1 spouse visa? By when will ins
>start issuing k1 visa to spouses of US citizens and how long this visa processing time
>takes? Thank you, Ashish

It is anticipated that the regulations for this will come out some time in April. And of
course, INS will also have to re-tool the I-129f form to accommodate the new use of the
K visa by putting in questions about the date of the marriage, and changing the
instruction sheet to reflect what someone should submit as evidence for this use of the
K visa (for a spouse).

Best Regards, Matthew Udall Attorney http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm Copyright
2001 Matthew Udall

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 1:20 pm
Heather Smith

there is a difference between the fiancé visa (K-1) and the spousal Visa. (I-130)

Our Of an visa took three months to get.this allows him to come to the U.S. to get
married. the spousal visa is given to someone who has married a U.S. citizen in their own
country and wants to come to the U.S. to live after marriage.

I guess you can look at: www.ins.gov

> Hi everyone, Does anyone has any info. about the recent change in K1 spouse visa? By
> when will ins start issuing k1 visa to spouses of US citizens and how long this visa
> processing time takes? Thank you, Ashish

Old Feb 3rd 2001, 2:58 am
gina_l

I had posted this a few days ago. The visa will actually be a K3 for the spouse abroad and
K4 for their children.

Just thought I would let those I-130 spouses know that the State Department has issued
preliminary information on the new K visa and V visas. Check out shusterman's site at
http://www.shusterman.com under Life Act Information.

In article <[email protected]>,

> Hi everyone, Does anyone has any info. about the recent change in K1 spouse visa?
By
> when will ins start issuing k1 visa to spouses of US citizens and how long this visa
> processing time takes? Thank you, Ashish