Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

When I arrive in the US for the first time...

When I arrive in the US for the first time...

Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Indianabound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When I arrive in the US for the first time...

Hi

I had my L1-B visa approved at the US embassy last week. Since then I have received my passport.

At the Embassy I was given back 2 stamped & signed I-129S which I submitted as part of my application with the G-28 forms. I was told I would need these when I first arrive in the US.

Does anyone know what I do when I arrive in the US for the first time in relation to what forms I need to have with me and who I show them to etc?

Thanks for reading, I hope you can help

Adam
Old Dec 7th 2008, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When I arrive in the US for the first time...

On a side note, enjoy the pure sensory overload you will get when going for the first time! It's a very positive experience you will never forget!

Back to topic...
Old Dec 7th 2008, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeanUK2US
On a side note, enjoy the pure sensory overload you will get when going for the first time! It's a very positive experience you will never forget!

Back to topic...
I am guessing that, based on the name that he is using, the OP is probably bound for Indiana - in which case the sensory overload may quite possibly be less than overwhelming ...

... at least according to Garrison Keillor ...

Last edited by md95065; Dec 7th 2008 at 10:26 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 4:41 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

L1 Arrival process?

There's been some other discussion but I haven't had time for a good search for you. I'm sure you can find some more reports.